Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn won't leave thd AAC
Bookmark and Share
MrCincy Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati
UConn won't leave thd AAC
UConn won't leave the AAC conference. To much money made by football. The AAC should add UMass, Villanova for all sports. plus Army ,Might consider ODU, Colorado state, BYU, Air Force, VCU, The AAC should play the conference BB tournament at the Palestra Arena in Philly. UConn, UMass, Army, Temple, Navy, ECU, Memphis , Cincy, Memphis, SMU, UCF, USF, VCU, ODM,,Tulsa, Colorado State, Wichita State, Air Force & Houston would sell the Arena out nightly. Your either growing or your dying.

03-05-2018 02:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cincybb51 Offline
BEARCAT FOREVER

I Root For: UC,Bengals,
RE: UConn won't leave thd AAC
(03-05-2018 02:48 AM)MrCincy Wrote:  UConn won't leave the AAC conference. To much money made by football. The AAC should add UMass, Villanova for all sports. plus Army ,Might consider ODU, Colorado state, BYU, Air Force, VCU, The AAC should play the conference BB tournament at the Palestra Arena in Philly. UConn, UMass, Army, Temple, Navy, ECU, Memphis , Cincy, Memphis, SMU, UCF, USF, VCU, ODM,,Tulsa, Colorado State, Wichita State, Air Force & Houston would sell the Arena out nightly. Your either growing or your dying.

Playing in the old Palestra Arena which seats probably around 8000 does not shout excitement to me.

03-05-2018 06:35 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
The Palestra is a barn, not exactly a place for a big time tournament. Villanova is not going D1 with football.

03-05-2018 07:15 AM
Saint Martin Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
RE: UConn won't leave the AAC
Why do people continue to propose watering down an already weak conference? I would prefer to reduce from 12 schools to the best 8, not expand. The latest round of expansion with ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane was odd enough. Even recognizing the cyclical nature of sustained performance, the conference would have been better off without that dead weight. Had there been no expansion in 2014, we would be looking at an eight team conference of UC, Connecticut, South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, Temple, and SMU. Likely still would have added Navy/Wichita, which improved the conference. Omitting the 2014 expansion would have been a better result.

This would allow for a fifth non-conference football game, which likely would have provided a better caliber matchup, and would have allowed for a full double round-robin in basketball.

Adding Massachusetts and a D1-AA school isn't going to help a thing. You would be trading a game against say Memphis for Massachusetts every year. Do you really prefer that matchup?

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018 07:51 AM by Saint Martin.)
03-05-2018 07:49 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(03-05-2018 07:49 AM)Saint Martin Wrote:  Why do people continue to propose watering down an already weak conference? I would prefer to reduce from 12 schools to the best 8, not expand. The latest round of expansion with ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane was odd enough. Even recognizing the cyclical nature of sustained performance, the conference would have been better off without that dead weight. Had there been no expansion in 2014, we would be looking at an eight team conference of UC, Connecticut, South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, Memphis, Temple, and SMU. Likely still would have added Navy/Wichita, which improved the conference. Omitting the 2014 expansion would have been a better result.

This would allow for a fifth non-conference football game, which likely would have provided a better caliber matchup, and would have allowed for a full double round-robin in basketball.

Adding Massachusetts and a D1-AA school isn't going to help a thing. You would be trading a game against say Memphis for Massachusetts every year. Do you really prefer that matchup?

I agree there is dead weight at the bottom. Unfortunately there is no way they are going to kick anyone out— they don’t have the money to buy those schools out of the league.

My guess is unless BYU were to come calling the league is done expanding until/unless a couple schools leave.

03-05-2018 08:31 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(03-05-2018 02:48 AM)MrCincy Wrote:  UConn won't leave the AAC conference. To much money made by football. The AAC should add UMass, Villanova for all sports. plus Army ,Might consider ODU, Colorado state, BYU, Air Force, VCU, The AAC should play the conference BB tournament at the Palestra Arena in Philly. UConn, UMass, Army, Temple, Navy, ECU, Memphis , Cincy, Memphis, SMU, UCF, USF, VCU, ODM,,Tulsa, Colorado State, Wichita State, Air Force & Houston would sell the Arena out nightly. Your either growing or your dying.
The BE tried to get Nova to move it's FB up, and it passed. I doubt any interest. CSU would be fine but they have no interest. Adding Army would be FB only and would require Army Navy to be played before Conference Championship Week. I could go on about the others you suggest but your ideas are DOA.

03-05-2018 08:33 AM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
UMass? hard pass

And you can't kick Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU out, this isn't McDonalds where you are firing a $7/hr fry cook. Its not that easy.

Also, Temple would be diametrically opposed to adding Nova (for obvious reason).

The western teams (CSU, BYU, Boise, AF) and Army are real possabilities, but then one has to ask, would any of them actually add value to the conference TV money deal or what they be deadweights.

BYU would add for sure.
I think Boise would add.

Army fb may be an add.

Having all three service academies may add.

tough questions.

03-05-2018 08:37 AM
Saint Martin Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-05-2018 08:37 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  UMass? hard pass

And you can't kick Tulane, Tulsa, and ECU out, this isn't McDonalds where you are firing a $7/hr fry cook. Its not that easy.

Also, Temple would be diametrically opposed to adding Nova (for obvious reason).

The western teams (CSU, BYU, Boise, AF) and Army are real possabilities, but then one has to ask, would any of them actually add value to the conference TV money deal or what they be deadweights.

BYU would add for sure.
I think Boise would add.

Army fb may be an add.

Having all three service academies may add.

tough questions.

I'm not advocating that anyone should be kicked out now - damage is done. My argument then and now was that they should not have been added in the first place. And as evidence that the conference should not add any more.

03-05-2018 08:47 AM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Villanova said they were moving up in football in the Big East years ago and then kept backtracking and stalling. Yes, if they ever decided to go D1 they would likely be added to the league, but past history shows they wont do it for whatever reason.

Getting to 14 would be ideal IMO if they could add BYU and one of Air Force / Colorado State.

03-05-2018 09:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
Just wait for the BIG XII breakup and half the BIG 12 will join the AAC or half the AAC will The Big 12 remnants.

Baylor, TCU, ISU, KSU, WV, TT join with UH, SMU, UC, UConn, USF, UCF, Memphis, Temple

Leftovers of AAC join C-USA

03-05-2018 10:21 AM
ucbrownsfan Offline
Special Teams

I say add schools to get to 16, but break your league up to promotion / relegation in each sport. Every year two move up, 2 move down. 8 in the top bracket, and 8 in the bottom. Football you play everyone in your bracket, and one crossover game.

03-05-2018 10:40 AM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Nova doesn't have the resources to upgrade fb to d1. They just spent a bunch of money on a bball arena redo, and they're not going to walk away from the bball dollars they have right now with the big east bball contract. That was a one time shot, and they will have a hard time replacing it when it's gone.

03-05-2018 11:09 AM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(03-05-2018 10:21 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Just wait for the BIG XII breakup and half the BIG 12 will join the AAC or half the AAC will The Big 12 remnants.

Baylor, TCU, ISU, KSU, WV, TT join with UH, SMU, UC, UConn, USF, UCF, Memphis, Temple

Yep.

If that doesn't happen (and I 100% think it will), just add Toledo and be done with it. They're the best of the rest and give us a conference rival.

03-05-2018 11:25 AM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
Oh no! Not UCONN!

03-05-2018 11:51 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

(03-05-2018 10:21 AM)doss2 Wrote:  Just wait for the BIG XII breakup and half the BIG 12 will join the AAC or half the AAC will The Big 12 remnants.

This.. it's been mentioned several times and I'd bet money it's what ends up happening +/- a team or two. Don't really need a realignment thread for a while. Just have to stay relevant for 5 more years.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2018 01:12 PM by dubcat14.)
03-05-2018 01:11 PM
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

There is absolutely no one that moves the needle in joining the AAC. BYU is a logistical nightmare, plus it's not easy to get to, the money they would add would be minimal.

Boise was supposed to join the Big East with TCU, backed out when ESPN pilfered it, not happening either.

Sit tight, keep winning trophies and see what happens with the B12. It's not happening, we don't need threads on this every week.

03-05-2018 03:26 PM
Advertisement

Not Duane Offline
Special Teams

You people just don't give up do you....FB is toast...it's unsustainable. UCONN would be smart to dump FB and lobby to get back into the BEAST. They know where their bread is buttered, and it's not with crappy FB....Champioship level MBB>>crappy FB.

Easy choice for them.

For us....we need to determine when to give up the ghost of FB. How about...if we are sub .500 for the next 10 years we can the whole thing.

Does that sound reasonable?

03-05-2018 09:09 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(03-05-2018 09:09 PM)Not Duane Wrote:  You people just don't give up do you....FB is toast...it's unsustainable. UCONN would be smart to dump FB and lobby to get back into the BEAST. They know where their bread is buttered, and it's not with crappy FB....Champioship level MBB>>crappy FB.

Easy choice for them.

For us....we need to determine when to give up the ghost of FB. How about...if we are sub .500 for the next 10 years we can the whole thing.

Does that sound reasonable?

I like you better when you post predictions as Duane.

03-05-2018 09:29 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
It would be a very bad move to add any teams except the few mentioned for football: Byu, or Boise. Imagine, the inconference basketball conference would only get worse. Would we rather substitute a basketball game against Umass in exchange for UConn, Wichita, or Houston on our schedule. I would not. I would rather upgrade our out of conference schedule. In football, these teams do not add much either. Just another mouth to feed.

03-05-2018 10:05 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(03-05-2018 01:11 PM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

This.. it's been mentioned several times and I'd bet money it's what ends up happening +/- a team or two. Don't really need a realignment thread for a while. Just have to stay relevant for 5 more years.

The Big 12 leftovers are not coming here. We will join the Big 12 leftovers under their contract. They have the access to the better bowls and television revenue.

03-05-2018 10:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.