Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference basketball tournaments ...
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Conference basketball tournaments ...
Anyone else love watching these games as much as I do? To me, these tournaments are when "March Madness" really starts. The last three days, I've just been watching them wall to wall. Right now I got the SEC and AAC tournaments on, Kentucky vs Georgia and Memphis vs Tulsa.

Attendance and enthusiasm seem really high at the power conference tournaments this year, though flipping around the ESPN and FOX channels you can tell when you've landed on the AAC event by all the empty seats.
03-09-2018 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoldenWarrior11 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
RE: Conference basketball tournaments ...
(03-09-2018 03:58 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Attendance and enthusiasm seem really high at the power conference tournaments this year, though flipping around the ESPN and FOX channels you can tell when you've landed on the AAC event by all the empty seats.

Who needs ESPN or FOX?

[Image: DXyW9jZXkAA5yw4.jpg]
03-09-2018 04:21 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

Memphis beats Tulsa at the buzzzer!
03-09-2018 04:24 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-09-2018 03:58 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Anyone else love watching these games as much as I do? To me, these tournaments are when "March Madness" really starts. The last three days, I've just been watching them wall to wall. Right now I got the SEC and AAC tournaments on, Kentucky vs Georgia and Memphis vs Tulsa.

Attendance and enthusiasm seem really high at the power conference tournaments this year, though flipping around the ESPN and FOX channels you can tell when you've landed on the AAC event by all the empty seats.

AAC needs to be played played at UConn/Cincy/Memphis/Dallas. Anyway have fun trolling.
03-09-2018 04:27 PM
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
Fox was wise to keep the cameras away from some of the areas of the Garden last night. It wasn't doing that great, either, from the look of it. However, it did sell out last night, from what the folks were saying. Apparently, rail travel was a nightmare for those trying to get to NYC yesterday.

Felt a bit annoyed by CBS and handling the Patriot League tournament final, relegating it to streaming. This and next week are the two times when I can be easily found by a TV. I'm the guy who will go out and watch these games...very disappointed it was buried.
03-09-2018 04:33 PM
Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
(03-09-2018 04:33 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  Fox was wise to keep the cameras away from some of the areas of the Garden last night. It wasn't doing that great, either, from the look of it. However, it did sell out last night, from what the folks were saying. Apparently, rail travel was a nightmare for those trying to get to NYC yesterday.

Felt a bit annoyed by CBS and handling the Patriot League tournament final, relegating it to streaming. This and next week are the two times when I can be easily found by a TV. I'm the guy who will go out and watch these games...very disappointed it was buried.

Yea, the Garden sold out for the evening slate of the Thursday games (and the afternoon slate did 17.6k itself) but the area (north of the city, at least) got a foot-plus of snow starting Wednesday overnight into Thursday, so I could see plenty of people not being able to make it in.
03-09-2018 04:52 PM
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Not real captivated by the P6 tournaments. Just seems like one generic brand after another playing in one generic masoleum after another where most of the teams will be playing next week anyway.

Loved the intensity of the mid major tournaments and players pouring everything on the line for a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Unforgettable. Liberty/Radford had one of the most raucous environments I’ve seen all year.
03-09-2018 04:56 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(03-09-2018 04:33 PM)The Cutter of Bish Wrote:  Fox was wise to keep the cameras away from some of the areas of the Garden last night. It wasn't doing that great, either, from the look of it. However, it did sell out last night, from what the folks were saying. Apparently, rail travel was a nightmare for those trying to get to NYC yesterday.

Same! Once NCAA tournament is over, I will have been to about 50 games this year. Today, I just went to GameStop and bought NCAA Basketball 10. It’s the last videogame ever made for college hoops (2009). I haven’t touched an xbox in years.
03-09-2018 05:01 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(03-09-2018 03:58 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Attendance and enthusiasm seem really high at the power conference tournaments this year, though flipping around the ESPN and FOX channels you can tell when you've landed on the AAC event by all the empty seats.

Posts like this is why you wore out your welcome on the AAC board. At this point others have pointed me to this post... You can stay here. You are nothing but a troll.
03-09-2018 06:39 PM
RandomFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Mid-Majors
(03-09-2018 04:56 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Not real captivated by the P6 tournaments. Just seems like one generic brand after another playing in one generic masoleum after another where most of the teams will be playing next week anyway.

Loved the intensity of the mid major tournaments and players pouring everything on the line for a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Unforgettable.

I agree 100%
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018 07:35 PM by RandomFan.)
03-09-2018 07:34 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(03-09-2018 04:27 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 03:58 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Anyone else love watching these games as much as I do? To me, these tournaments are when "March Madness" really starts. The last three days, I've just been watching them wall to wall. Right now I got the SEC and AAC tournaments on, Kentucky vs Georgia and Memphis vs Tulsa.

AAC needs to be played played at UConn/Cincy/Memphis/Dallas. Anyway have fun trolling.

No trolling. It was striking how empty the stands have been compared to other tourneys.

Dallas and Conn too far away, rotate it between Memphis and Cincy.
03-09-2018 08:14 PM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

(03-09-2018 04:56 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Not real captivated by the P6 tournaments. Just seems like one generic brand after another playing in one generic masoleum after another where most of the teams will be playing next week anyway.

Loved the intensity of the mid major tournaments and players pouring everything on the line for a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Unforgettable. Liberty/Radford had one of the most raucous environments I’ve seen all year.

I like the mid-major tourney, but the power ones usually have bubble teams desperate for survival too.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018 08:17 PM by quo vadis.)
03-09-2018 08:16 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats

03-lmfao I am just shocked that you would take a shot like that. Shocked I tell ya.
03-09-2018 10:52 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(03-09-2018 08:14 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

No trolling. It was striking how empty the stands have been compared to other tourneys.

If not for injuries AAC is a 4 bid conference. 3 ranked teams, more than than the Big East.
03-09-2018 10:52 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
(03-09-2018 04:21 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  

Who needs ESPN or FOX?

[Image: DXyW9jZXkAA5yw4.jpg]

Ah man, you had to use the SMU game, Thanks for taking Froling off our hands.
03-09-2018 10:55 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(03-09-2018 10:52 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

If not for injuries AAC is a 4 bid conference. 3 ranked teams, more than than the Big East.

The AAC isn't a "four bid" league. The AAC hired Wichita because it was a failing hoops league.

I guess if Duke and North Carolina joined the AAC next year, the AAC would have two more teams ranked and in the tourney. But it wouldn't be the AAC's doing, just Duke and UNC's.
03-09-2018 11:00 PM
Advertisement

Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
(03-09-2018 11:00 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

The AAC isn't a "four bid" league. The AAC hired Wichita because it was a failing hoops league.

I guess if Duke and North Carolina joined the AAC next year, the AAC would have two more teams ranked and in the tourney. But it wouldn't be the AAC's doing, just Duke and UNC's.

So I hear you are begging to be allowed to post on the AAC board again
03-09-2018 11:08 PM
msm96wolf Offline
All American

I Root For:
Another bubble pops for someone Nevada loses to SDSU.
03-09-2018 11:27 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(03-09-2018 11:08 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 11:00 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-09-2018 04:27 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  AAC needs to be played played at UConn/Cincy/Memphis/Dallas. Anyway have fun trolling.

So I hear you are begging to be allowed to post on the AAC board again

Yes, Quo is a big aac fan.
03-09-2018 11:30 PM
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army

I finally have to get this off my chest....I’m in love with that Brazilian volleyball player in your sig.
03-09-2018 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.