Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kermit Davis leaving for Ole Miss if they don’t get in?
Bookmark and Share
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Kermit Davis leaving for Ole Miss if they don’t get in?
Word from some reb buddies is they are wooing KD and feel close, but look for a bolt of MT is left out of tournament. Could be a double-ouch subday.
03-09-2018 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
RE: Kermit Davis leaving for Ole Miss if they don’t get in?
Why would he leave for Ole Miss when he turned down his alma mater (Miss State) just a couple of years ago particularly when the program is in better shape now than it was then?

Kennedy was the lowest paid coach in the SEC. There are probably only a handful of jobs he would leave for and I just don't see Ole Miss being one of those - especially since he said no to Miss State's offer.
03-09-2018 10:47 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

hey its a unlimited supply of hookers and blow
[Image: the-pony-the-utimatc-stuip-jont-saturday...614158.png]
03-09-2018 11:00 PM
Heisman

Fair enough.
03-09-2018 11:08 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-09-2018 10:47 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Why would he leave for Ole Miss when he turned down his alma mater (Miss State) just a couple of years ago particularly when the program is in better shape now than it was then?

Kennedy was the lowest paid coach in the SEC. There are probably only a handful of jobs he would leave for and I just don't see Ole Miss being one of those - especially since he said no to Miss State's offer.

a lot of smoke around, but I still think this is probably valid...

http://csnbbs.com/thread-816492.html
03-09-2018 11:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

Miss state fans are ready to explode. Already wondering if they can revoke Jrs degree
03-09-2018 11:42 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

Yep. I'm catching up to some of the stuff being put out there coming from the Ole Miss camp.

This idea that MT has already set up a search committee to find Kermit's replacement tells me there is absolutely little credibility to this. LMAO at that one.

Like our administration has the ability to think and move that fast. Hell, we would probably have to post the job on some Tennessee state website for 30 days. No sense getting a committee together just yet. 03-lmfao
03-09-2018 11:42 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

(03-09-2018 11:42 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Yep. I'm catching up to some of the stuff being put out there coming from the Ole Miss camp.

This idea that MT has already set up a search committee to find Kermit's replacement tells me there is absolutely little credibility to this. LMAO at that one.

Like our administration has the ability to think and move that fast. Hell, we would probably have to post the job on some Tennessee state website for 30 days. No sense getting a committee together just yet. 03-lmfao

During the football drama we learned one thing, om is the most delusional group of folk you will ever see. They can dream up the damnedest things for grown men ive ever seen.
03-09-2018 11:45 PM
Rojogrande Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
So I have heard from a few people I trust in sports media that a deal between Davis and Ole Miss is pretty much a done deal but nothing has been finalized yet.
03-11-2018 09:28 AM
BKTopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Quick, get Bobby Knight on the horn
03-11-2018 09:49 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(03-11-2018 09:28 AM)Rojogrande Wrote:  So I have heard from a few people I trust in sports media that a deal between Davis and Ole Miss is pretty much a done deal but nothing has been finalized yet.

Just setting things up to give a big middle finger to Ole Miss and a nice payraise at MT.

Cannot see Kermit Sr. donning Ole Miss gear.
03-11-2018 11:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

herdfifteen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uncw
(03-11-2018 11:56 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 09:28 AM)Rojogrande Wrote:  So I have heard from a few people I trust in sports media that a deal between Davis and Ole Miss is pretty much a done deal but nothing has been finalized yet.

Just setting things up to give a big middle finger to Ole Miss and a nice payraise at MT.

They are seemingly interested in Thad Matta, that would be a horrible hire, he couldn't even recruit at Ohio State.
03-12-2018 06:13 AM
Heisman

Kermit on the radio in Nashville...

"It's just the life of mid-majors, and it's only going to get worse."

This follows on comments where he said they have to be perfect just to be in the conversation. Can be top 25 one week and in a six day period you're out.

He's gone. Like I said previously if you know you're going to have to be perfect you might as well go make a ton of money where you can be imperfect and still get in. He also admitted this is the most frustrated he's ever been at MT and it puts things in the back of his mind about his job situation.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 12:23 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
03-12-2018 12:18 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(03-12-2018 12:18 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Kermit on the radio in Nashville...

This follows on comments where he said they have to be perfect just to be in the conversation. Can be top 25 one week and in a six day period you're out.

He's gone. Like I said previously if you know you're going to have to be perfect you might as well go make a ton of money where you can be imperfect and still get in. He also admitted this is the most frustrated he's ever been at MT.
Yep, I don't blame coaches for leaving when the system is stacked against them. A coach may very well be happy with location, salary, etc, but at the end of the day, most coaches want an opportunity to compete and that is being taken away from mid major programs.
03-12-2018 12:23 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Not good :(
03-12-2018 01:28 PM
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall, UGA
(03-12-2018 06:13 AM)herdfifteen Wrote:  
(03-11-2018 11:56 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  

They are seemingly interested in Thad Matta, that would be a horrible hire, he couldn't even recruit at Ohio State.

Thad is in Athens today interviewing with Georgia. So we'll see.
03-12-2018 02:00 PM
Advertisement

monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(03-12-2018 12:23 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(03-12-2018 12:18 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Kermit on the radio in Nashville...

He's gone. Like I said previously if you know you're going to have to be perfect you might as well go make a ton of money where you can be imperfect and still get in. He also admitted this is the most frustrated he's ever been at MT.
Yep, I don't blame coaches for leaving when the system is stacked against them. A coach may very well be happy with location, salary, etc, but at the end of the day, most coaches want an opportunity to compete and that is being taken away from mid major programs.

Its truly sad what the NCAA is allowing to happen to college sports. A separation is going to happen. Its not if, but when. And we'll likely all be on the wrong side of it.
03-12-2018 02:40 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Sounds to me like he is pretty much leaving MT, at least according to this article: https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi/r...rmit-davis

Unfortunate for Middle... he has taken you guys to basketball prominence.
03-12-2018 03:49 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Maybe the next coach can beat a 10-17 Southern Miss team.

trololololol.

I kid, I kid. Middle is a good job and will be sought after were he to leave.
03-12-2018 04:08 PM
Noodles Offline
All American

So, coach, you're so pissed off at the system, that you decide to join those you despise.
Piece of **** just like the rest. You cannot have it both ways. If it's unfair, but you jump to join in, then you are a thief and a liar just like they are.
That's why G5 is doomed. ALL our ADs and coaches want the P5 spots. They will cut our throats when the time is right to become part of the machine.
We have no prayer of success.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using CSNbbs mobile app
03-12-2018 04:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.