Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hoops next year
Bookmark and Share
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I Root For: nu
Hoops next year
So. What are a couple things you would like to see next year.....either from a team or an individual standpoint?

For me....

Team: Fewer turnovers. I'm thinking this will take care of itself with another year of playing together under their belts and the C of C game as a reminder.
A backup point guard that can run the team when Vasa goes out for some reason. Hoping that Richards is the answer here. Coen's record with transfers is pretty spectacular... (Scott, Alex, Vasa)

Individual: Tomas. Put on some muscle and work on your post moves. Build on a nice freshman year.
Anthony. You came a long way this year. Keep it going. Take 30,000 free throws in the off-season and get the eye of the tiger....double your rebound production.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2018 07:44 PM by NUGUY.)
03-15-2018 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
RE: Hoops next year
(03-15-2018 09:23 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  So. What are a couple things you would see next year.....either from a team or an individual standpoint?

For me....

Team: Fewer turnovers. I'm thinking this will take care of itself with another year of playing together under their belt and the C of C game as a reminder.
A backup point guard that can run the team when Vasa goes out for some reason. Hoping that Richards is the answer here. Coen's record with transfers is pretty spectacular... (Scott, Alex, Vasa)

Individual: Tomas. Put on some muscle and work on your post moves. Build on a nice freshman year.
Anthony. You came a long way this year. Keep it going. Take 30,000 free throws in the off-season and get the eye of the tiger....double your rebound production.

Richards?

I think you mean Jordan Roland. Yes I definitely think he and Derrick Cook will give Vasa relief and will mix in with Vasa, Red and Occeus in the backcourt.

Think Murphy will get bigger and will take a leap offensively.

To me the X-factor is Miller. Can he shake off what’s issues he had this year and rededicate himself. If he plays like he did his Freshman and Soph. years that’s 3 bigs with experience upfront.
03-15-2018 09:42 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(03-15-2018 09:42 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  [quote='NUGUY' pid='15178049' dateline='1521167019']
So. What are a couple things you would see next year.....either from a team or an individual standpoint?

For me....

Team: Fewer turnovers. I'm thinking this will take care of itself with another year of playing together under their belt and the C of C game as a reminder.

Richards?

Yeah. Not sure why I keep calling him Richards.

What was the story with Miller this year? So much promise. And it's not like he's sulking. He's a cheerleader/clown on the bench.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 09:56 PM by NUGUY.)
03-15-2018 09:48 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

[quote='NUGUY'

Richards?

Yeah. Not sure why I keep calling him Richards.

Probably because of the Jordan Richards on the Patriots.
03-16-2018 07:57 AM
geewizNU Offline
All American

NU will play Davidson in Charlotte on November 24th.

Meaning we could play them twice (Davidson is in the Charleston Classic too).

Davidson will come to Boston in 2019.

We get to play two of the A-10’s best in St. Bonaventure (in Boston) and Davidson this season.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018 08:59 PM by geewizNU.)
06-05-2018 08:47 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I like our chances. Both had better rpi's than us this year but both lost a lot to graduation. Davidson lost three starters including the A10 co-player on the year and the Bonnies lost two starters one of which was first team A10. On paper we will be better next year and it's nice that we play them early.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 11:53 AM by NUGUY.)
06-07-2018 11:52 AM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

(06-07-2018 11:52 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  I like our chances. Both had better rpi's than us this year but both lost a lot to graduation. Davidson lost three starters including the A10 co-player on the year and the Bonnies lost two starters one of which was first team A10. On paper we will be better next year and it's nice that we play them early.

That’s the key to NU this season IMO, we need to put ourselves in a position to get a solid RPI with signature wins and not rely on winning the tournament. We have the type of team to it.
06-07-2018 03:41 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

Absolutely. We have to make it impossible for selection committee members who are biased against mid-majors to ignore us.
06-08-2018 09:57 AM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Charleston Classic bracket released. We get Alabama in game #1. Then our next opponent will be one of Virginia Tech and Ball State.

Also officially announced is our visit to Davidson this coming November.
07-11-2018 03:46 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

Bama lost the 8th overall pick in the NBA draft and NCAA superstar last year in Collin Sexton. However they bring pretty much everybody else back from a team that won a game in the NCAA's. They'll be good but playing them in their first game without Sexton is probably a good thing.
07-11-2018 03:48 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(06-05-2018 08:47 PM)geewizNU Wrote:  We get to play two of the A-10’s best in St. Bonaventure (in Boston) and Davidson this season.
St. Bonaventure doesn't mind traveling to CAA teams, and it's not short trips like George Mason to James Madison. They went to Hofstra on December 6, 2016, so they will have played two games at CAA teams in three seasons. In November and December 2017, they played three consecutive games at mid-majors.
07-24-2018 08:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

NU is playing Syracuse at the Carrier Dome December 4.

OOC so far..

Home. - BU, Oakland, St. Bonnies
Road - Harvard, UVM, Bucknell, Davidson, Syracuse

Neutral - 3 at Charleston Classic
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018 01:05 PM by geewizNU.)
07-25-2018 01:01 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

This is looking like a good OOC right now. No teams so far expected to have a bad record, so our RPI will benefit for sure.

Syracuse will be good this season. Sweet 16 last season and they bring back everyone.
07-25-2018 03:29 PM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

I think Syracuse is the closest thing on our schedule to an automatic loss but having one of those on the schedule is fine with me. I want to keep our losses in single digits this year but it's like after playing Ohio State last year going into Hofstra, W&M or Charleston was no big deal.
07-25-2018 09:41 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Sounds like yall have a very impressive non conference schedule.

Outside of you guys being in Boston, I love being in a conference with NE. Everything about your athletic department shows they want to win
07-26-2018 07:32 PM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

(07-25-2018 09:41 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  I think Syracuse is the closest thing on our schedule to an automatic loss but having one of those on the schedule is fine with me. I want to keep our losses in single digits this year but it's like after playing Ohio State last year going into Hofstra, W&M or Charleston was no big deal.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but if we have aspirations of an at large bid this coming season, we'll probably need 6 losses, one of them in the CAA tourney. Can we go 16-2 in conference and 10-3 out of conference? Will be really tough.

The thing is if our conference has a good year OOC overall, it gives any CAA team looking for an at large some leeway. So potentially a CAA team with 8-10 losses could make it if the conference is up.

Really excited for this coming season.
07-26-2018 11:58 PM
Advertisement

geewizNU Offline
All American

(07-26-2018 07:32 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Sounds like yall have a very impressive non conference schedule.

Outside of you guys being in Boston, I love being in a conference with NE. Everything about your athletic department shows they want to win

Solo,

You guys have a good thing going with Stanford the next few years.

I fully expect another battle with UNCW this season.
07-27-2018 01:15 AM
NUGUY Offline
1st String

(07-26-2018 11:58 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  
(07-25-2018 09:41 PM)NUGUY Wrote:  I think Syracuse is the closest thing on our schedule to an automatic loss but having one of those on the schedule is fine with me. I want to keep our losses in single digits this year but it's like after playing Ohio State last year going into Hofstra, W&M or Charleston was no big deal.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but if we have aspirations of an at large bid this coming season, we'll probably need 6 losses, one of them in the CAA tourney. Can we go 16-2 in conference and 10-3 out of conference? Will be really tough.

The thing is if our conference has a good year OOC overall, it gives any CAA team looking for an at large some leeway. So potentially a CAA team with 8-10 losses could make it if the conference is up.

I don't know exactly what number of losses we need. Last year with ten losses we just missed and that was probably because bc had some nice wins including over the then number one ranked team in the country. If we stay healthy anything is possible. Last year we got off to a rough start and lost a bunch of games. Vasa was a turnover machine and shaking off a lot of rust but by the end of the year he was runner up POY. This year from day one we have a leader, experience and a bench. It's hard not to be excited.
07-27-2018 11:30 AM
SomebodyToLove Offline
Special Teams

(07-27-2018 11:30 AM)NUGUY Wrote:  
(07-26-2018 11:58 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  

I don't know exactly what number of losses we need. Last year with ten losses we just missed and that was probably because bc had some nice wins including over the then number one ranked team in the country. If we stay healthy anything is possible. Last year we got off to a rough start and lost a bunch of games. Vasa was a turnover machine and shaking off a lot of rust but by the end of the year he was runner up POY. This year from day one we have a leader, experience and a bench. It's hard not to be excited.

Having a leader in Vasa from the start will be important in the Charleston Classic, especially vs. Alabama who lost their MVP to the NBA. I think the key to us being a legit good team next season will be our big men. If Murphy can take the next step, and Green gets even a little better, I think we'll be able to keep pace with a lot of Power 6 schools.
07-27-2018 06:24 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(07-26-2018 11:58 PM)SomebodyToLove Wrote:  I may be getting ahead of myself, but if we have aspirations of an at large bid this coming season, we'll probably need 6 losses, one of them in the CAA tourney. Can we go 16-2 in conference and 10-3 out of conference? Will be really tough.

A CAA team with 8-10 losses could be deserving if you gave the at-large bids to the top 36 teams in the RPI who didn't get automatic bids, but I would be very surprised if a CAA team got an at-large bid with 8+ losses. In 2005-2006 when George Mason went to the Final Four, Hofstra was snubbed with 6 losses. Hofstra didn't have any great out of conference wins, but the CAA was tenth in the Conference RPI and will probably be worse in 2018-2019 than it was then. Even if you go 16-2 + 10-3 + 2-1 in the CAA Tournament to finish 28-6, you might get an-large bid, but St. Mary's and Middle Tennessee showed that there's no such thing as a lock from outside the top eight conferences and Gonzaga. Illinois State missed the 2017 Tournament after going 17-1 in the Missouri Valley with a split and Tournament Final loss to Wichita State.
07-27-2018 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.