Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tarleton State Releases Division I Study (WAC & Southland)
TexasTerror Offline
1st String

I Root For: SHSU
Tarleton State Releases Division I Study (WAC & Southland)
Full Study:

https://tarleton.edu/division1/documents...h-2018.pdf

Of note:

Study indicates Tarleton State is ready for move to Div I with best case scenario of application to Div I and conference invite coming in next few months.

Indicates the WAC has expressed significant interest in Tarleton State.

Shares that the LSC vs Southland... average one-way travel increases from 282 miles in the Lone Star to 362 miles in the Southland.

Questions stability of several Southland members (Houston Baptist, New Orleans and Incarnate Word)
03-30-2018 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fighting Muskie Online
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
RE: Tarleton State Releases Division I Study (WAC & Southland)
If they can get 4-5 of their conference mates to make the same move they might have something there
03-30-2018 12:47 PM
TexasTerror Offline
1st String

I Root For: SHSU
(03-30-2018 12:47 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  If they can get 4-5 of their conference mates to make the same move they might have something there

It would be great if some of these schools moved up to the WAC as Southland schools would have competitive "nearby" or "regional" schools to play, specifically in football.

The most likely schools would be Tarleton State (of course), Texas A&M-Commerce, West Texas A&M... and then would be curious if Texas A&M-Kingsville or Angelo State could/would make a run.
03-30-2018 12:50 PM
Fighting Muskie Online

That's the pool I'm thinking too
03-30-2018 01:21 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Add this to the array of longshots DavidSt called the past year (Liberty to FBS, Gonzaga to MW) that this board sneered at him for.

Once again, this is the #AgeofDavidSt and we’re all living in it.
03-30-2018 01:31 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(03-30-2018 01:31 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Add this to the array of longshots DavidSt called the past year (Liberty to FBS, Gonzaga to MW) that this board sneered at him for.

Hahaha. Yeah okay. If you come up with hundreds of possibilities, you're bound to hit one.

Did DavidSt claim Liberty to FBS without a conference as an Independent?

Gonzaga to the MWC has never been far fetched.
03-30-2018 01:39 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(03-30-2018 01:39 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(03-30-2018 01:31 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Add this to the array of longshots DavidSt called the past year (Liberty to FBS, Gonzaga to MW) that this board sneered at him for.

Hahaha. Yeah okay. If you come up with hundreds of possibilities, you're bound to hit one.

DaveySt must be respected.
03-30-2018 03:35 PM
Curtisc83 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty U/Clemson
(03-30-2018 01:39 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  

Pretty sure he mentioned LU to FBS Indy. But he mentioned all the other options too so one was bound to be correct.
03-30-2018 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AZcats Offline
1st String

I Root For: stAte, af, zona
Yeah, let's wait until it officially happens before patting him on the back for being right on 1 of his 1,000 "predictions". Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while.
03-30-2018 04:11 PM
Fighting Muskie Online

If you predict every FCS school is going FBS you're bound to get something right
03-30-2018 06:22 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
Some unnamed Southland schools will be WAC bound for FBS reasons , and Tartleton St backfilling for the Southland. The Tartleton/WAC talk is just a smokescreen so the Southland to WAC schools are not named until the announcement.

The “study” is a joke because it only offer a Southland vs Lone Star travel comparison but the WAC travel distances are conveniently left off.
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2018 07:11 PM by NoDak.)
03-30-2018 06:29 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
(03-30-2018 06:22 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  If you predict every FCS school is going FBS you're bound to get something right

But let’s give him credit on Liberty as an FBS Indy. We are all telling him Liberty couldn’t go FBS and then bam! Liberty is an FBS Indy. If he gets this Tarleton St to the WAC thing right...that’s twice on things I’ll admit I never saw coming.
03-30-2018 06:43 PM
Go College Sports Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NCAA
Should there be some baseline level of athletics success before you can move up? There are already too many institutions in division I.
03-30-2018 08:18 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

(03-30-2018 08:18 PM)Go College Sports Wrote:  Should there be some baseline level of athletics success before you can move up? There are already too many institutions in division I.

There should be an overall attendance requirement to move up, and that same requirement would force schools down. Like 50,000. Many DI schools wouldn’t meet it.
03-30-2018 08:28 PM
Go College Sports Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NCAA
Exempt the current P5 schools and you might have a workable solution.
03-30-2018 08:33 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

Have stated this before but got a lot of flack for it, but Sam Houston St, Lamar, SF Austin and maybe Incarnate Word are moving to FBS through the WAC. The first three have by far the largest budgets in the Souland. The Southland will need a string of DII moveups over several years. Tarleton St will be the first. Texas A&M Commerce will be the second. The Southland learned its lesson to only allow one DII moveups a year after it invited Incarnate Word and Abilene Christian and didn’t know that you can’t schedule two DII transitional schools round robin in the first year.

Those prospective WAC Southland schools are just as capable of FBS as Troy or wannabe Jacksonville St.
03-30-2018 08:38 PM
Advertisement

DoubleRSU Offline
All American

(03-30-2018 04:11 PM)AZcats Wrote:  Yeah, let's wait until it officially happens before patting him on the back for being right on 1 of his 1,000 "predictions". Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while.

(03-30-2018 06:29 PM)NoDak Wrote:  Some unnamed Southland schools will be WAC bound for FBS reasons , and Tartleton St backfilling for the Southland. The Tartleton/WAC talk is just a smokescreen so the Southland to WAC schools are not named until the announcement.

The “study” is a joke because it only offer a Southland vs Lone Star travel comparison but the WAC travel distances are conveniently left off.

Yeah, all these schools who are lucky to get 10k a game are joining the WAC, who will then get to re-start a FBS conference. Sure......
03-30-2018 08:39 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

(03-30-2018 08:38 PM)NoDak Wrote:  Have stated this before but got a lot of flack for it, but Sam Houston St, Lamar, SF Austin and maybe Incarnate Word are moving to FBS through the WAC. The first three have by far the largest budgets in the Souland. The Southland will need a string of DII moveups over several years. Tarleton St will be the first. Texas A&M Commerce will be the second. The Southland learned its lesson to only allow one DII moveups a year after it invited Incarnate Word and Abilene Christian and didn’t know that you can’t schedule two DII transitional schools round robin in the first year.

Those prospective WAC Southland schools are just as capable of FBS as Troy or wannabe Jacksonville St.

UIW's highest attended game was 5,323 last year. They can't even compete in the SLC, but they're moving to FBS? Yeah right!
03-30-2018 08:43 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

(03-30-2018 08:39 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(03-30-2018 04:11 PM)AZcats Wrote:  Yeah, let's wait until it officially happens before patting him on the back for being right on 1 of his 1,000 "predictions". Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while.

(03-30-2018 06:29 PM)NoDak Wrote:  Some unnamed Southland schools will be WAC bound for FBS reasons , and Tartleton St backfilling for the Southland. The Tartleton/WAC talk is just a smokescreen so the Southland to WAC schools are not named until the announcement.

Yeah, all these schools who are lucky to get 10k a game are joining the WAC, who will then get to re-start a FBS conference. Sure......

Cal Poly, Sac St, UC Davis.

The WAC teams in 2020 will be:
East
UMKC
ORU
Sam Houston St
S F Austin
Lamar
Incarnate Word .
UTRGV

West
NMSU
GCU
Cal Baptist
Cal Poly
UC Davis
Sac St

Seattle, Chicago St and UVU will be elsewhere.
03-30-2018 08:46 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

Sam Houston St drew less than 6k to both of their FCS playoff games and they're going to FBS. YFR!!! Hilarious
03-30-2018 08:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.