Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DAMN, Loyola Chicago lost!
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
In it for such a long time and then Michigan got HOT shooting and started playing really good defense. Too bad.
03-31-2018 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: DAMN, Loyola Chicago lost!
(03-31-2018 07:14 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  In it for such a long time and then Michigan got HOT shooting and started playing really good defense. Too bad.

I know....sucks
03-31-2018 07:15 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Loyola was up 10 well into the 2nd half. Thought they had it. Michigan #13 just took over the game and killed them. Porter finally met his match in Beilein in 2nd half adjustments.
03-31-2018 07:19 PM
Advertisement

GoldenWarrior11 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Great game, great season for Loyola. This run will be forever remembered. Looking forward to seeing how the Ramblers utilize this run to help propel them as a basketball program. They are set up nicely moving forward, especially with Moser likely staying.
03-31-2018 08:59 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
(03-31-2018 07:15 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(03-31-2018 07:14 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  In it for such a long time and then Michigan got HOT shooting and started playing really good defense. Too bad.

I know....sucks

I'm more pissed that Michigan took advantage of an easy path to the national title game that Houston should have considering they had them beat.

Michigan took a path to the title game where the highest seed they faced was a 6-seed, the average seed was 9.4 and median seed was a 9. I repeat, the highest seed Michigan has faced is a 6-seed.

I'd say they're relatively untested.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2018 10:27 PM by C2__.)
03-31-2018 10:18 PM
Advertisement

Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
Well if Houston was any good they would have beat Michigan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
04-01-2018 12:36 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Houston did beat Michigan, they just had fewer points on the final scoreboard. The game was evenly played but UH kept letting Michigan stay close and obviously missed late free throws and had misfortune on the final inbounds pass.
04-01-2018 01:02 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(03-31-2018 10:18 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  
(03-31-2018 07:15 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  

I know....sucks

I'm more pissed that Michigan took advantage of an easy path to the national title game that Houston should have considering they had them beat.

Michigan took a path to the title game where the highest seed they faced was a 6-seed, the average seed was 9.4 and median seed was a 9. I repeat, the highest seed Michigan has faced is a 6-seed.

I'd say they're relatively untested.

Yes, objectively, Michigan has had a soft path to the title game.

But they clearly have been tested. Loyola had them on the ropes yesterday until there were well under 10 minutes left, and as several bitter cougars fans have noted, Houston had them beat, should have won but shot themselves in the foot at the FT line at the last possible moment.

All that said, it won't shock anyone if they beat Villanova and claim the title. They are a good team. Remember, in the B1G tournament, they beat Iowa in OT (again showing they are tough in close games) and then beat three higher seeds to claim the championship.
04-01-2018 08:52 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Yes but had Michigan played a better team, they'd have lost. They played a good team yesterday but one that was lucky (or clutch if you want) in its wins and benefited from major upsets. Florida State is the okay, while they brought their "A" game for A&M. Loyola is a "recieving votes" top 25 level team. Michigan already escaped once. Luckily for them, their entire side of the bracket was busted. Had they played on the other side it's very probable they would have been eliminated in the Sweet 16, if not the first weekend as they should have been anyways.

Michigan may have been tested over the course of the season but they have played two top 25 caliber teams at the most so far, which is unfathomable for a team ready to play for it all.
04-01-2018 01:24 PM
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Loyola went 4-1 against the top 25. They are a top 25 team.
04-01-2018 06:21 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

Top 25 but not top 10. Michigan was by far the best team they played.
04-01-2018 10:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.