Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More FBI sloppy work?
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
More FBI sloppy work?
Bending the rules? Or flat-out breaking the law?

At a minimum it looks like they're making it up as they go.

Quote:Paul Manfort‘s legal team is fighting in court to get his indictment dismissed based on the legal theory that Mueller doesn’t have authority to prosecute him in the first place. They claim that Mueller’s team overstepped the authority granted to him by indicting Manafort with crimes that were not directly related to Russian election meddling.

Late Monday evening, Mueller’s team fired back with their own response. They pointed to the May 2017 appointment order which says that Mueller can investigate:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a)

As we pointed out, the last part refers to a regulation that says, “The Special Counsel will be provided with a specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated.” Mueller contends that he didn’t skirt the regulation here because he did indeed receive a “specific factual statement of the matter to be investigated” from Deputy Attorney Rod Rosenstein. That Rosenstein memo (though heavily redacted) was revealed in a court filing on Monday.

Here’s the weird part about this: The Rosenstein “secret” memo revealed in this week’s court filing is dated August 2, 2017. According to media reports, Paul Manfort’s home was raided July 26, 2017. So that means Rosenstein’s laid out the more specified scope and definition of authority for the special counsel investigation six days after Manafort’s home had already been raided.

What does this mean legally? Well, as always, the the legal experts are divided.

“There is something very wrong about that,” said Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz on Fox News Tuesday night, adding that the scope of the investigation should be clearly defined. “This special prosecutor is looking at everything. Where does it stop?”

https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analysis/r...rts-house/

The saga continues.
04-04-2018 07:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: More FBI sloppy work?
I'm not a lawyer, but that's exactly wtf I would do.....I basically stated that in your "Mueller:Trump.....target" thread....

that agency has needed a spanking for quite some time now.....

this is why DJT vs. hill-lair-liar or ZERO appointing judges is EXTREMELY important....
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2018 07:46 AM by stinkfist.)
04-04-2018 07:43 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
They have been making it up as they go along for awhile, why stop now?

No surprise the ACLU types are silent
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2018 07:46 AM by solohawks.)
04-04-2018 07:46 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
So we have Comey writing a memo exonerating Cankles long before she and 16 other persons were even interviewed and Rosenstein writing one 3 months after the fact to justify Mueller's action.

Yeah, situation normal.
04-04-2018 08:18 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Amazing how much corruption is was at the top of the FBI.
04-04-2018 08:38 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Mueller better hope that the judge on the case isnt Emmit Sullivan.
04-04-2018 08:43 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
More FBI sloppy work?
(04-04-2018 08:43 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Mueller better hope that the judge on the case isnt Emmit Sullivan.

You can rest assured he’ll know the best judges to shop for. That, and IIRC the potential jury’s will be in either DC or NoVa.
Either way they’ll have a heavily skewed bias against anyone associated with “Trump”, regardless how remote.

Manafort might, might, be one of or the one that has the ability to fight this garbage.
Flynn couldn’t, or wouldn’t. This Gates character didn’t either, not really need to.
The young lawyer, Swanseeway, or whatever it is doesn’t need to either. 30 days and 20 grand for “lying” to investigators...

Hunh. I guess just saying “I don’t remember, I don’t recall” 40 times would have served him mo betta.

Time to end the witch hunt, Bueller got his 4 convictions, or whatever it is, for people forgetting times and dates.
Time to let the real investigations, into the real crimes committed, to run their course. Horowitz and Huber may well have the last word on all this garbage.

Some folk best be buckled!
04-04-2018 09:12 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-04-2018 09:12 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(04-04-2018 08:43 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Mueller better hope that the judge on the case isnt Emmit Sullivan.

You can rest assured he’ll know the best judges to shop for. That, and IIRC the potential jury’s will be in either DC or NoVa.
Either way they’ll have a heavily skewed bias against anyone associated with “Trump”, regardless how remote.

Manafort might, might, be one of or the one that has the ability to fight this garbage.
Flynn couldn’t, or wouldn’t. This Gates character didn’t either, not really need to.
The young lawyer, Swanseeway, or whatever it is doesn’t need to either. 30 days and 20 grand for “lying” to investigators...

Hunh. I guess just saying “I don’t remember, I don’t recall” 40 times would have served him mo betta.

Time to end the witch hunt, Bueller got his 4 convictions, or whatever it is, for people forgetting times and dates.
Time to let the real investigations, into the real crimes committed, to run their course. Horowitz and Huber may well have the last word on all this garbage.

Some folk best be buckled!

I did my two mins of crazy joe the other day......it was too dayum funny.....

when I wake up in a pissy mood (or the usual hangover), he's my go-to mojo to pop the silly laughter cap on....
04-04-2018 09:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.