Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Yorker: Chick-fil-A Infiltrating Manhattan With 'Pervasive Christian Tradition
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
New Yorker: Chick-fil-A Infiltrating Manhattan With 'Pervasive Christian Tradition
https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-yorker-...tionalism/

Quote:The New Yorker magazine has devoted most of its non-fiction energy these past two years to railing against President Trump. On Friday, writer Dan Piebenbring departed from that editorial directive to decry the public popularity of Chick-fil-A restaurants in New York City:

The new restaurant sounds like a doozy... The biggest in the world it includes a rooftop terrace and provides 200+ jobs.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018 10:36 AM by Bull_Is_Back.)
04-14-2018 10:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: New Yorker: Chick-fil-A Infiltrating Manhattan With 'Pervasive Christian Tradition
Oh, the ignorance of some people.
04-14-2018 10:49 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: New Yorker: Chick-fil-A Infiltrating Manhattan With 'Pervasive Christian Tradition
Chick-Fil-A's ability to piss off degenerates makes me very happy.
04-14-2018 10:50 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: New Yorker: Chick-fil-A Infiltratig Manhattan With 'Pervasive Christian Tradition
Let those offended by the "pervasive Christian tradition" stay away so the rest of us can enjoy their incredible fast food and quality customer service. Why this restaurant chain ruffles feathers is beyond me. No one is forced to buy a chicken sandwich there. On their web site the word "Christian" or "Christianity" is not even mentioned:

Quote:Why We're Closed on Sundays

Our founder, Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose - a practice we uphold today.

About
04-14-2018 11:02 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(04-14-2018 11:02 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Let those offended by the "pervasive Christian tradition" stay away so the rest of us can enjoy their incredible fast food and quality customer service. Why this restaurant chain ruffles feathers is beyond me. No one is forced to buy a chicken sandwich there. On their web site the word "Christian" or "Christianity" is not even mentioned:

Quote:Why We're Closed on Sundays

Our founder, Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose - a practice we uphold today.

About

These people don't understand what that "pervasive Christian tradition" has done to help their lives and the world.
04-14-2018 11:08 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
If this was Mohammed's Goat on a Stick, and to order you had to convert to Islam, women had to cover their heads and be beaten, they couldn't get in line quick enough.
04-14-2018 11:31 AM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
RE: New Yorker: Chick-fil-A Infiltratin Manhattan With 'Pervasive Christian Tradition
(04-14-2018 11:08 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  These people don't understand what that "pervasive Christian tradition" has done to help their lives and the world.

(04-14-2018 11:31 AM)gdunn Wrote:  If this was Mohammed's Goat on a Stick, and to order you had to convert to Islam, women had to cover their heads and be beaten, they couldn't get in line quick enough.

True dat!
04-14-2018 11:33 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Nate Silver

Verified account

@NateSilver538
3h3 hours ago
This is why Trump won.
04-14-2018 11:45 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
I’m honestly curious who is the manager of that restaurant. Where are they from, what is their professional background, etc.
04-14-2018 12:54 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Or maaaaaaaaybe people just like Chick-fil-A's food and amazing customer service in the fast food industry.

That twitter handle is right.

Garbage journalism such as this is EXACTLY how Trump was elected.
04-14-2018 01:18 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Damn, that’s a freaking chik fila? Times gotta be pretty good for all that.

I’ll make a point to stop in and check it out next trip to NYC.

Might actually go to ours here later, on the way back from Lowe’s...
04-14-2018 01:19 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Democrats hate America. It gets proven everyday.
04-14-2018 01:27 PM
Topkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheCats
Eat Mor Chikin!
04-14-2018 02:01 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
I've never seen a group so passionate about fast food...I don't eat there because it all tastes like pickle brine to me.
04-14-2018 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HappyAppy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App
(04-14-2018 02:54 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I've never seen a group so passionate about fast food...I don't eat there because it all tastes like pickle brine to me.

Lol right?

I love Chik-Fil-A. I don’t eat much fast food, but when I do, it’s there or Taco Bell. The only time I ever hear about liberal rage against it is on this board. Not sure I know a single person who is boycotting them or even saying anything bad about them.

Something this board seems to forget; all those donations to wack job organizations like the Family Research Council stopped. Gay marriage, the issue that started this whole controversy, is settled. They lost.

Yet every few months, one of these threads pop up, so everybody can post comments about how they are going to go to eat some Chik-Fil-A tonight. Like it’s just hurting liberals so much.

By all means, go eat friend chicken and waffle fries every meal. That will really teach us wacky liberals a lesson!
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018 03:48 PM by HappyAppy.)
04-14-2018 03:45 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(04-14-2018 01:19 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Damn, that’s a freaking chik fila? Times gotta be pretty good for all that.

I’ll make a point to stop in and check it out next trip to NYC.

Might actually go to ours here later, on the way back from Lowe’s...

Dude the one here closed for a few weeks to remodel. Just re opened, the workers told me last night after making the joke you're well on the way to pay for the remodel that theyve made enough for at least 6 more remodels, cover pay for the staff while closed and still turn a profit. I rarely see a CFA that's not packed. I guess when the workers are hard working and trained right business is good vs various Burger Kings where they stand around and play grab ass.
04-14-2018 03:46 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(04-14-2018 02:54 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I've never seen a group so passionate about fast food...

I know right? some guy at the New Yorker was so passionate about fast food he wasted ink trying to run down a fast food chicken place.

Quote:I don't eat there because it all tastes like pickle brine to me.

Well, you're in the minority

Quote:To determine the most popular fast-food chain in each state, Foursquare looked at which chains received the most visits on average per location in every state based on the total number of visits to each chain divided by the number of locations in that state.

[Image: 59e910edddd0632d008b5c3d-960-720.png]

Good food, clean restaurants, and great service....
04-14-2018 03:50 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

(04-14-2018 03:45 PM)HappyAppy Wrote:  Yet every few months, one of these threads pop up, so everybody can post comments about how they are going to go to eat some Chik-Fil-A tonight. Like it’s just hurting liberals so much.

And yet the liberal new yorker is still whinging on about it...
04-14-2018 03:52 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(04-14-2018 03:50 PM)Bull_Is_Back Wrote:  [Image: 59e910edddd0632d008b5c3d-960-720.png]

I disavow this map’s methodology. No way in hell is it accurate that Texans prefer in and out over Whataburger and Chic-fil-a.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2018 05:01 PM by Kronke.)
04-14-2018 04:05 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(04-14-2018 02:54 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  I've never seen a group so passionate about fast food...I don't eat there because it all tastes like pickle brine to me.

Order with no pickles if you don't like pickles. Not Chic-fil-a's fault that you don't know how to order.
04-14-2018 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.