Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Football Coaches on the Hot Seat?
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
I don't think anyone is there...but who do you think is closest?
04-20-2018 07:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
RE: ACC Football Coaches on the Hot Seat?
Bronco Mendenhal. He did get UVA to a bowl last year for the first time in a while but their performance in that bowl was below average.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2018 07:37 PM by ChrisLords.)
04-20-2018 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
domer1978 Online
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
Partially Brian Kelly
04-20-2018 07:45 PM
The Grassy Nole Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FSU & Ohio U
Personally I would put Dave Doeren there
04-21-2018 12:04 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Larry Fedora.
04-21-2018 05:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
(04-21-2018 12:04 AM)The Grassy Nole Wrote:  Personally I would put Dave Doeren there

Not disagreeing, but I've never gotten this.

NC State was an impressive football team IMHO. Not sure I remember correctly but the only knock is the maybe had a loss they shouldn't have.

Still that team was good.
04-21-2018 07:43 AM
Advertisement

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
(04-21-2018 07:43 AM)nole Wrote:  
(04-21-2018 12:04 AM)The Grassy Nole Wrote:  Personally I would put Dave Doeren there

NC State was an impressive football team IMHO. Not sure I remember correctly but the only knock is the maybe had a loss they shouldn't have.

I don't think Doeren is on the hot seat but it is in the room. If he takes a step backwards he will be on the seat.
04-21-2018 07:50 AM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Is Addazio in good shape at BC?

Not saying he shouldn't be, but ya never know. College admins can do crazy things at times.
04-21-2018 10:16 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
I don't see why Doeren would be on any hot seat. In the four years since his first year at State, when he inherited the barest of cupboards from Tom O'Brien, State is 31-21. Who could State get who would do better than that?

State is going to have some down years in the future. They always have, and they probably always will. That's par for the course in the state of North Carolina. If you win more than you lose here you should have a job until you get embroiled in some kind of scandal.
04-22-2018 07:52 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(04-21-2018 10:16 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  Is Addazio in good shape at BC?

Not saying he shouldn't be, but ya never know. College admins can do crazy things at times.

He should be. He's been to a bowl four out of five years, and the year they missed they had massive injuries on the offensive side of the ball.
04-22-2018 09:46 AM
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
Possibly Petrino. With the new leadership at the UofL who knows how they feel about him. Publicly Tyra has been supportive but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Is he on the cleaning house list? Should some sort of a scandal occur I can see him gone. If he struggles over the next year or two I could see Brohm being brought in, especially if he's successful at Purdue. I think he's safe but it wouldn't take much for his seat to warm under the right circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-22-2018 04:30 PM
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(04-22-2018 04:30 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Possibly Petrino. With the new leadership at the UofL who knows how they feel about him. Publicly Tyra has been supportive but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Is he on the cleaning house list? Should some sort of a scandal occur I can see him gone. If he struggles over the next year or two I could see Brohm being brought in, especially if he's successful at Purdue. I think he's safe but it wouldn't take much for his seat to warm under the right circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^
04-22-2018 07:01 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(04-22-2018 07:01 PM)XLance Wrote:  
(04-22-2018 04:30 PM)Lenvillecards Wrote:  Possibly Petrino. With the new leadership at the UofL who knows how they feel about him. Publicly Tyra has been supportive but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Is he on the cleaning house list?

^

In related news, I heard Roy Williams is #1 on the basketball hot seat, as he led a program that gave out fake diplomas for several decades. It would be part of the ACC encouraging members schools to clean up renegade programs.
04-22-2018 08:20 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(04-21-2018 07:50 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  

I don't think Doeren is on the hot seat but it is in the room. If he takes a step backwards he will be on the seat.

I don't think it's in the room either. He just signed a 5 year extension with a big raise to $3 mil a year plus $1.35 mil in incentives.

NC State finalizes new 5-year deal for Dave Doeren
http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...ave-doeren
04-23-2018 02:30 PM
Lou_C Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State
Yeah, Doeren seems to have gotten off any hot seat by way of Tennesee's chaotic coaching search. Got to think he's safe for at least a few more years puttering around with 7-8 win seasons. I could see him out in two years if one of them is a terrible 2-win collapse, but that's a lot of contract to eat now.

I don't see Mendenhall anywhere near the hot seat this year, more about Virginia than about him. I don't have high hopes for his potential there, but can't argue with getting them to a bowl game in year two. If he falls back to 2-3 wins, then maybe next season.

The Addazio hot seat talk is crazy to me. Given what he's working with, and the division he's in, he's got BC working at almost their ceiling right now to my eyes. Getting to regular bowl games, with some occasional big wins, is about the best that program can ask for, and he should be closer to a lifetime contract than the hot seat. I'm sure they'd like to see the occasional 8-9 win season, and he'll get one here or there given the time.

I know, I know, Matt Ryan blah blah blah. All they need is to have a generational, possible NFL Hall of Fame QB, get Louisville back out of the league for Maryland, and have FSU and Clemson crater at the same time. That's all a new coach has to do...but the 2000s aren't coming back anytime soon.

Fedora is the one I'm surprised doesn't get more heat, given one good year (still with some terrible losses) in what has been a very winnable division. I just don't seem them going anywhere.
04-23-2018 03:14 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(04-23-2018 02:30 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(04-21-2018 07:50 AM)Wolfman Wrote:  

I don't think it's in the room either. He just signed a 5 year extension with a big raise to $3 mil a year plus $1.35 mil in incentives.

NC State finalizes new 5-year deal for Dave Doeren
http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...ave-doeren

Good. Can't wait to see Clemson drop the hammer on them this year in the Valley after all the BS from Doeren & Chubb last year.
04-23-2018 03:27 PM
Advertisement

The Grassy Nole Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FSU & Ohio U
(04-23-2018 03:27 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Good. Can't wait to see Clemson drop the hammer on them this year in the Valley after all the BS from Doeren & Chubb last year.

It honestly wouldn't shock me to see Wake march in there and beat NCST at Carter this season.
04-23-2018 04:46 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(04-20-2018 07:36 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Bronco Mendenhal. He did get UVA to a bowl last year for the first time in a while but their performance in that bowl was below average.

UVA has only had two season that they’ve won more games than last year in the last 12 seasons. Bronco is not even remotely close to the hot seat. Assuming UVA has 5+ wins this year he might get an extension.
04-23-2018 07:38 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(04-23-2018 07:38 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(04-20-2018 07:36 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  Bronco Mendenhal. He did get UVA to a bowl last year for the first time in a while but their performance in that bowl was below average.

UVA has only had two season that they’ve won more games than last year in the last 12 seasons. Bronco is not even remotely close to the hot seat. Assuming UVA has 5+ wins this year he might get an extension.

Ha ha ha! LOL! (But, sadly, so true).
03-lmfao
04-24-2018 04:17 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
I would put Dino Babers on this list. He better get the Orange to a bowl game this season, or the following season will be his last. He needs to scrap that Tampa 2 defense and bring Scott Shafer in as the DC, and pay whatever he needs to come back as the DC. I cant handle another 4-8 season with all the talent on this team coming back.
04-24-2018 11:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.