Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MTN West, CBS and ESPN announce TV deal...
Bookmark and Share
GreenSteve Offline
1st String

I Root For: Thundering Herd
MTN West, CBS and ESPN announce TV deal...
04-24-2018 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
RE: MTN West, CBS and ESPN announce TV deal...
Can someone remind me how many CUSA games are televised?
04-24-2018 02:52 PM
beefcake0520 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: marshall
Exactly why I despise our conference leadership. Deals like this will cause break ups of conferences when we can't even get half that on prime channels. I bet they are getting double the $$ as well.
04-24-2018 03:00 PM
wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(04-24-2018 03:00 PM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  Exactly why I despise our conference leadership. Deals like this will cause break ups of conferences when we can't even get half that on prime channels. I bet they are getting double the $$ as well.

Other than Air Force and Boise State, is anyone else in that conference really pulling in eyeballs?
04-24-2018 03:11 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
For the sake of accuracy, thats not really announcing a TV deal. Thats just announcing the normal selection process for their existing TV deals.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2018 03:13 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-24-2018 03:13 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

(04-24-2018 03:11 PM)wh49er Wrote:  
(04-24-2018 03:00 PM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  Exactly why I despise our conference leadership. Deals like this will cause break ups of conferences when we can't even get half that on prime channels. I bet they are getting double the $$ as well.

Other than Air Force and Boise State, is anyone else in that conference really pulling in eyeballs?

Even them two aren’t drawing much viewers. The week 12 matchup between Air Force vs Boise St had 436k on ESPN2.
04-24-2018 03:56 PM
Advertisement

HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
Yeah, this is tough to watch. LA Tech used to share the same conference with half of these MWC schools (Boise St, Fresno St, Hawaii, Nevada, SJSU, and Utah St.
04-24-2018 05:47 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

(04-24-2018 05:47 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  Yeah, this is tough to watch. LA Tech used to share the same conference with half of these MWC schools (Boise St, Fresno St, Hawaii, Nevada, SJSU, and Utah St.

How do you think we feel? We shared a conference with all the MW schools.
04-24-2018 05:51 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
First, that just looks like games that will appear this season under their current media deal. When you focus on the actual conference games, CBS Sports will be broadcasting 15 MWC games, and the MWC is having to play some Tuesday and Friday games in there too. I'm sure most of the games ESPN selects will be played on weekdays too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not real happy with C-USA's media deal, but it is what it is. I think by now most can agree, this conference won't improve if we sit around and wait for the commissioner to do something smart. As individual institutions, we can control is our ability to improve our on the field products and generate more interest from our fan bases.

C-USA finished with 10 bowl eligible teams last year. We need to parlay that into continued winning (especially in our OOC games), more season ticket holders, more positive news coverage, better marketing, and hopefully more eyeballs when we are on TV.
04-24-2018 06:33 PM
FAU Connoisseur Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: #cometothefaU
Any conference willing to have <insert your schools initials> as a member is not good enough for my school to be a member.
04-24-2018 09:05 PM
beefcake0520 Offline
Special Teams

Be honest with yourself, you have Colorado state, San Diego State, Nevada and others. The only conference that has more "household" names in G5 is the AAC. CUSA has just a few, that's it.
04-25-2018 06:57 AM
Advertisement

wh49er Offline
All American

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(04-25-2018 06:57 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  

Be honest with yourself, you have Colorado state, San Diego State, Nevada and others. The only conference that has more "household" names in G5 is the AAC. CUSA has just a few, that's it.
The 3 you listed are far from household names, sure they get some eyeballs from late night college football fans and degenerate gamblers but it's not like they are must-see TV.

Later time-zones definitely benefit them when it comes to getting their games on national TV.
04-25-2018 08:00 AM
beefcake0520 Offline
Special Teams

(04-25-2018 08:00 AM)wh49er Wrote:  
(04-25-2018 06:57 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  

The 3 you listed are far from household names, sure they get some eyeballs from late night college football fans and degenerate gamblers but it's not like they are must-see TV.

Later time-zones definitely benefit them when it comes to getting their games on national TV.

No G5 other than a very few are must watch TV, but don't fool yourself, those I listed people have heard of, doesn't mean they are Alabama, but they aren't UNCC either. A common name is more marketable, end of story.
04-25-2018 09:21 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Why should Judy care ?

She is getting hers --- to the tune of $750,000 .

Wonder if contract is incentive-laced ? I bet not.
04-25-2018 09:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
(04-24-2018 02:52 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  Can someone remind me how many CUSA games are televised?
I’d like to know, too. More than that, what channel and what day/time for kickoff.
(04-25-2018 09:26 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Why should Judy care ?

She is getting hers --- to the tune of $750,000 .

Wonder if contract is incentive-laced ? I bet not
What is the source for the 750k? Not disputing it, in fact that sounds about right. But I’ve looked for that information and could never find it.

What would be incentives for a commissioner’s contract?
04-25-2018 09:29 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Like someone said, the MWC does benefit by being in the mountain and pacific time zones. There is no competition for those time slots. I would imagine that helped Gonzaga as well when it comes to basketball
04-25-2018 10:43 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(04-25-2018 10:43 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  Like someone said, the MWC does benefit by being in the mountain and pacific time zones. There is no competition for those time slots. I would imagine that helped Gonzaga as well when it comes to basketball

There's a benefit, but if Boise ever left the MWC, this deal would collapse rather quickly.
04-26-2018 02:01 AM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
For the max TV deal possible I'm kind of surprised a best of the rest G5 conference wasn't formed. I know before becoming The American, the Big East tried adding Boise State and San Diego State but that fell apart. It just seems to me if you want the NY6 bowl every year and a multi million dollar (per team) TV deal, you should do a coast to coast 16 team conference.
04-26-2018 05:26 AM
FAU Connoisseur Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: #cometothefaU
(04-26-2018 05:26 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  For the max TV deal possible I'm kind of surprised a best of the rest G5 conference wasn't formed. I know before becoming The American, the Big East tried adding Boise State and San Diego State but that fell apart. It just seems to me if you want the NY6 bowl every year and a multi million dollar (per team) TV deal, you should do a coast to coast 16 team conference.

A lot of time on this board complains about how spread out this conference is geographically. If anything their will be a regional consolidation of travel for new conferences. The New England Patriots bought two plane partly due to the difficulty of chartering flights, travel expenses are going up.
04-26-2018 06:59 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
The MWC has a captive audience. There are no other schools in their region besides CU and Utah. Colorado State is a strong #2 behind CU and New Mexico, Wyoming, Boise, Hawaii and UNLV/UNR are all tops in their state.
04-26-2018 08:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.