RE: Scooter McFadgon sentenced
20 years, damn
05-01-2018 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Maybe we should just decriminalize drugs. Clearly this "war on drugs" isn't working. The secondary crimes needed to subsidize habits would probably drop and so would overdoses.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2018 02:28 PM by Tigers2B1.)
05-01-2018 02:25 PM
Rodney Carney Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
05-01-2018 02:28 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(05-01-2018 02:25 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  Maybe we should just decriminalize drugs. Clearly this "war on drugs" isn't working. The secondary crimes needed to subsidize habits would probably drop and so would overdoses.

Or, if folks just didn't break the laws on the books...

Ca-raaazy ideas.

If they passed a law saying it was illegal to wear green shirts--no matter how dumb and unfair that sounded--I wouldn't wear a green shirt.

People make this stuff too complicated.
05-01-2018 03:07 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Unfortunate circumstances for the former Tennessee Vol.
05-01-2018 03:10 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Strange how opiates and prescription pills are treated differently.

Edit...After seeing the quantities...He deserves the time.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2018 03:16 PM by macgar32.)
05-01-2018 03:15 PM
FORealTigerFan Offline
Say What?

I Root For: Beer
194 pounds of weed. wow.
05-01-2018 03:22 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
(05-01-2018 03:07 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(05-01-2018 02:25 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  Maybe we should just decriminalize drugs. Clearly this "war on drugs" isn't working. The secondary crimes needed to subsidize habits would probably drop and so would overdoses.

Ca-raaazy ideas.

If they passed a law saying it was illegal to wear green shirts--no matter how dumb and unfair that sounded--I wouldn't wear a green shirt.

What's your take on the opioid epidemic? Seems they changed to rule book when the users changed. Aren't opioid users breaking the laws that are on the books?

Why then are those users not being held accountable to the full extent of the law?
05-01-2018 03:37 PM
Bsquared-2 Offline
1st String

Ca-raaazy ideas.

But the jails still fill up for people wearing green shirts and you and I are paying for their stay and the war on green shirts goes on and on taking our tax payer dollars and filling up our jails and the cycle of more green shirts in jail and more tax money from us continues.
05-01-2018 03:41 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Sad
05-01-2018 03:42 PM
Advertisement

CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2018 03:22 PM)FORealTigerFan Wrote:  194 pounds of weed. wow.

And in the same country, a NJ man caught with eighty three bricks of heroin was sentenced to only six months in jail and five years probation.... This man had previous drug convictions as well to boot. War on Drugs? Yea right
05-01-2018 03:44 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis

This^^^^

It's really that simple.
05-01-2018 03:45 PM
jamammy Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2018 03:41 PM)Bsquared-2 Wrote:  

Ca-raaazy ideas.

But the jails still fill up for people wearing green shirts and you and I are paying for their stay and the war on green shirts goes on and on taking our tax payer dollars and filling up our jails and the cycle of more green shirts in jail and more tax money from us continues.

Hold on a minute.

He said he didn't speed, always stops at stop signs, etc, etc.

dot dot dot

Are you questioning his honesty?

He doesn't break laws.

Any laws.
05-01-2018 03:45 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

Ca-raaazy ideas.

Those folks don't need to be in society if they are too stupid to avoid wearing a green shirt.

The problem is too many folks feel sorry for the dumb dumbs wearing the green shirt instead of saying, "Hey you damn fool, quit wearing the green shirt."
05-01-2018 03:49 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

Ca-raaazy ideas.

Police offer heroin addicts treatment instead of jail

Hey, Salukiblue.

What happened with cops now deciding to NOT enforce the law?

Do The Crime, Do The Time, right??

You mean to tell me police are now playing the role of drug counselor/rehabilitators??

Why haven't police been doing this for other segments of the population and for lower class drugs? Why all of a sudden a softer approach? Got any answers?
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2018 03:53 PM by CUSA_NEWS.)
05-01-2018 03:51 PM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(05-01-2018 03:45 PM)jamammy Wrote:  

Ca-raaazy ideas.

Hold on a minute.

He said he didn't speed, always stops at stop signs, etc, etc.

dot dot dot

Are you questioning his honesty?

He doesn't break laws.

Any laws.

Never said I don't break any. But, actually, I don't speed. Never too stressed to speed, plus if you do the math, it really doesn't matter that much.

(You go 50 mph in a 40 for 5 miles, you get there in 6 minutes. You stay at 40 and get there in 7.5 minutes. Saving 90 seconds really isn't worth it.)

But the bottom line is if I do speed, or run a stop sign, I have no one to blame but myself. And no matter how dumb a poorly placed stop sign might be or how silly a 30 mph speed limit might be, I'm not a fan of giving the po-po a reason to say hi.
05-01-2018 03:58 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
(05-01-2018 03:49 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Ca-raaazy ideas.

Those folks don't need to be in society if they are too stupid to avoid wearing a green shirt.

The problem is too many folks feel sorry for the dumb dumbs wearing the green shirt instead of saying, "Hey you damn fool, quit wearing the green shirt."

It ought to be illegal to wear an orange shirt, iykwim.
05-01-2018 03:59 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2018 03:49 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  Those folks don't need to be in society if they are too stupid to avoid wearing a green shirt.

That would be the police, politicians and all those others who claimed to be "tough on drugs" now playing the role of feel sorry for the dumb dumbs wearing the green shirt instead of saying, "Hey you damn fool, quit wearing the green shirt."

Green Shirt ALERT:

Police offer heroin addicts treatment instead of jail

Opioid Epidemic... America Wears a Green Opioid Shirt yet Different Results Now. Hummm
05-01-2018 04:03 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(05-01-2018 03:59 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  
(05-01-2018 03:49 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

Ca-raaazy ideas.

It ought to be illegal to wear an orange shirt, iykwim.

Dilly Dilly!
05-01-2018 04:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.