6. Frank Nutile, Temple
7. David Moore, Memphis
8. Hayden Moore, Cincinnati
9. Chris Oladokun, USF
10. Luke Skipper, Tulsa
11. David Pindell, UConn
12. Reid Herring, East Carolina

https://athlonsports.com/college-footbal...backs-2018

Hayden Moore comes in at #8. What's everybody's thoughts? Is this too high, too low or just right?

05-07-2018 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
RE: Athlon: AAC QB Rankings
(05-07-2018 12:00 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  1. McKenzie Milton, UCF
2. Malcolm Perry, Navy
3. Jonathan Banks, Tulane
4. Ben Hicks, SMU
5. D’Eriq King, Houston
6. Frank Nutile, Temple
7. David Moore, Memphis
9. Chris Oladokun, USF
10. Luke Skipper, Tulsa
11. David Pindell, UConn

Hayden Moore comes in at #8. What's everybody's thoughts? Is this too high, too low or just right?

It's probably about right. It's also telling. A guy who is now a veteran, with that number of starts under his belt and yards thrown to his name, should be top 3. He's got a handful of first year starters ahead of him.

05-07-2018 12:04 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
2. Malcolm Perry, Navy
4. Ben Hicks, SMU
5. D’Eriq King, Houston
6. Frank Nutile, Temple
7. David Moore, Memphis
9. Chris Oladokun, USF
10. Luke Skipper, Tulsa
11. David Pindell, UConn

I could seem him finishing plus or minus 3 spots from that slot by season's end. My concern is we're still dealing with two many unknowns on the offensive line, with the wide receivers and the health of our two best returning running backs.

It's a little like trying to predict bowl eligibility at this point. Most seem to feel this team will live on the edge of that with between 5 and 7 wins.

05-07-2018 12:06 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
I feel mostly good about Hayden this season. I think he could be an above average qb as as senior... that's probably his ceiling. He's had some moments and I thought was better than his numbers last year. The problem was he didn't get great protection and the wide receiver production was as bad as I can remember at UC. Frankly he didn't get a ton of help in the passing game. He's good enough to be effective as a senior and if someone displaces him it means they've likely shown themselves very well.

05-07-2018 12:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(05-07-2018 12:11 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I feel mostly good about Hayden this season. I think he could be an above average qb as as senior... that's probably his ceiling. He's had some moments and I thought was better than his numbers last year. The problem was he didn't get great protection and the wide receiver production was as bad as I can remember at UC. Frankly he didn't get a ton of help in the passing game. He's good enough to be effective as a senior and if someone displaces him it means they've likely shown themselves very well.

While I agree on the challenges he faced last season, his poor judgment has always been his primary obstacle.

05-07-2018 12:33 PM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(05-07-2018 12:33 PM)MickMack Wrote:  
(05-07-2018 12:11 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  I feel mostly good about Hayden this season. I think he could be an above average qb as as senior... that's probably his ceiling. He's had some moments and I thought was better than his numbers last year. The problem was he didn't get great protection and the wide receiver production was as bad as I can remember at UC. Frankly he didn't get a ton of help in the passing game. He's good enough to be effective as a senior and if someone displaces him it means they've likely shown themselves very well.

While I agree on the challenges he faced last season, his poor judgment has always been his primary obstacle.

Yep. Unbelievably bad decision making at the most inopportune times has plagued him his entire career. I think #8 in the league is probably about right for him.

05-07-2018 01:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
For his career, he's 518/904 (57% completion percentage); 6,191 and 40 TDs to 27 INTs. As I have noted in a previous thread, he had six lost fumbles in twelve games last year (six the year before that and even more two years ago).

He is who he is. I recognize our OL had/has issues. But, I maintain the bigger weakness was on drive blocking as opposed to pass protection (he was only sacked 9 times last year-- Korey Cunningham didn't give up a sack last year). QB hurries was problematic at times, but how much of it was the line and how much of it was the QB being cool under the pressure.

It is highly probable he will be the starter, but I would not be surprised if he losses the gig at some point next year.

05-07-2018 01:13 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Fair placement based on past experience. I see no reason for a bad senior campaign. We improve in every offensive position group. He should end up around third best behind UCF, and Smu's quarterback.

05-07-2018 02:37 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Where does Hayden Moore rank in the QB’s we have had in the last 20 yrs? Somewhere around Chazz Anderson and Munchie Legaux? Dustin Grutza? Would you rather have any of those 3 vs. Hayden?

05-07-2018 03:30 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(05-07-2018 03:30 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Where does Hayden Moore rank in the QB’s we have had in the last 20 yrs? Somewhere around Chazz Anderson and Munchie Legaux? Dustin Grutza? Would you rather have any of those 3 vs. Hayden?

I'd for sure take the senior year versions of Munchie and Grutza over Hayden.

05-07-2018 03:36 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(05-07-2018 03:30 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Where does Hayden Moore rank in the QB’s we have had in the last 20 yrs? Somewhere around Chazz Anderson and Munchie Legaux? Dustin Grutza? Would you rather have any of those 3 vs. Hayden?

I don't really consider Chazz* a starter (even though he started a few games). Off the top of my head:

Tony Pike
Ben Mauk
Zach Collaros
Gino Guidugli
Brendan Kay
Munchie Legeux
Gunner Kiel**
Dustin Grutza
Hayden Moore
Deontay Kenner

* Same for Nick Davila, Adam Hoover, or Ross Trail who were backups who got some starts due to injury.

** This one may be controversial, but I ranked Munchie higher than Gunner overall due to how he managed the 2014 season and lead us to a co-ACC championship.

05-07-2018 03:47 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Offline

(05-07-2018 03:36 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  

I'd for sure take the senior year versions of Munchie and Grutza over Hayden.

We haven't seen senior year Hayden Moore. I'd say my hope is for him to be a senior year grutza level qb. Kenner has way worse numbers than i remember.

05-07-2018 04:04 PM
bearcatmark Offline

(05-07-2018 03:47 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

I don't really consider Chazz* a starter (even though he started a few games). Off the top of my head:

Tony Pike
Ben Mauk
Zach Collaros
Gino Guidugli
Brendan Kay
Munchie Legeux
Gunner Kiel**
Dustin Grutza
Hayden Moore
Deontay Kenner

* Same for Nick Davila, Adam Hoover, or Ross Trail who were backups who got some starts due to injury.

** This one may be controversial, but I ranked Munchie higher than Gunner overall due to how he managed the 2014 season and lead us to a co-ACC championship.

As of today I'm on board with this list. Seems spot on.

05-07-2018 04:05 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
2. Malcolm Perry, Navy
4. Ben Hicks, SMU
5. D’Eriq King, Houston
6. Frank Nutile, Temple
7. David Moore, Memphis
9. Chris Oladokun, USF
10. Luke Skipper, Tulsa
11. David Pindell, UConn

OVER RATED OVER RATED!

05-07-2018 06:10 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Most of the qb’s on that list were pretty darn good. The second incarnation of Gunner Kiel, Deontay Kenner, the first few years of Grutza, and Hayden Moore have been poopy. Munchie was a polarizing guy throughout his career. Loved him, hated him, then loved him again.

05-07-2018 06:17 PM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

(05-07-2018 06:10 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
2. Malcolm Perry, Navy
4. Ben Hicks, SMU
5. D’Eriq King, Houston
6. Frank Nutile, Temple
7. David Moore, Memphis
9. Chris Oladokun, USF
10. Luke Skipper, Tulsa
11. David Pindell, UConn

OVER RATED OVER RATED!

If Moore finishes the season in the top 5 or better in the conference, it will be a good season for him.

05-07-2018 07:26 PM
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
It definitely helps not having to go thru another offensive coordinator change. The qb definitely feels that the most of the position players. He has the tools, my big concern is still the offensive line.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2018 09:34 PM by dsquare.)
05-07-2018 09:34 PM
Cat_Litter Offline
1st String

Donators

05-08-2018 12:36 PM
GoCats1994 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats

Tony Pike
Ben Mauk
Zach Collaros
Gino Guidugli
Brendan Kay
Munchie Legeux
Gunner Kiel**
Dustin Grutza
Hayden Moore
Deontay Kenner

I would put Gino over Pike. Gino threw for 11K career yards and 78 touchdowns, holds most of the schools passing records (I believe this is still true), and did this in the extremely conservative offensive eras of (mostly) Rick Minter and Mark Dantonio. I would argue he had less offensive weapons and a less QB-friendly system than Pike had. He also had that certain moxie where you never thought they were out of a game as long as Gino had another shot with the ball.

Pike was really good, and a lot of fun to watch...when he was on the field. He redshirted his 1st year, did not play as a Frosh, and barely played as a Sophomore. Once he finally got his chance, he was injured (broken arm) as a junior - and re-broke it as a senior. I really liked watching Tony play - and he orchestrated the best comeback and completed the best pass in the best game I've ever seen live (@ Pitt)... but he did not play in enough games for me to rate him as the best QB in the past 20 years.

05-08-2018 01:00 PM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

(05-08-2018 01:00 PM)GoCats1994 Wrote:  

Tony Pike
Ben Mauk
Zach Collaros
Gino Guidugli
Brendan Kay
Munchie Legeux
Gunner Kiel**
Dustin Grutza
Hayden Moore
Deontay Kenner

I would put Gino over Pike. Gino threw for 11K career yards and 78 touchdowns, holds most of the schools passing records (I believe this is still true), and did this in the extremely conservative offensive eras of (mostly) Rick Minter and Mark Dantonio. I would argue he had less offensive weapons and a less QB-friendly system than Pike had. He also had that certain moxie where you never thought they were out of a game as long as Gino had another shot with the ball.

Pike was really good, and a lot of fun to watch...when he was on the field. He redshirted his 1st year, did not play as a Frosh, and barely played as a Sophomore. Once he finally got his chance, he was injured (broken arm) as a junior - and re-broke it as a senior. I really liked watching Tony play - and he orchestrated the best comeback and completed the best pass in the best game I've ever seen live (@ Pitt)... but he did not play in enough games for me to rate him as the best QB in the past 20 years.

I too agree that Guidugli was the best on that list. It's a shame that he didn't get to play with better teams during his time here. And to be honest, be probably could have done better than UC.

He had that O$U game in 2002 won for us and George what's-his-name dropped it.

05-08-2018 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.