Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

where is the outrage?
Bookmark and Share
PGJMU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
where is the outrage?
DNR article today where our CAA commish states that for the second year in a row, there will be no CAA TV contract!!!

Hey, I liked the way it turned out last year. Between, MASN, CSN, NBCSports, HTS or whatever they are calling these channels now, we had every game on TV, Our own TV Network. We are the Notre Dame of FCS!

Lets hope Bourne is putting this in place again this year.
05-11-2018 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jmuduke10 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison U
RE: where is the outrage?
Not outraged, its typical of what the CAA is now (which is a whole different discussion). We have set a precedent last year of finding our deal and confident we will be able to find something similar this year.
05-11-2018 10:21 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Feels like we have more time to work out Deals this year.
I could be wrong on the timing
05-11-2018 12:24 PM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

It does feel like this was announced earlier than last year. I think last year everything was announced within a month of the season starting.
05-11-2018 12:37 PM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
Hard to get mad at the incompetence of Joey d. We know what we have with him. Minor league commish in a minor league conference
05-11-2018 12:46 PM
RamDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU VCU
No contract for the second straight year. What does that tell you about the CAA? VCU, GMU, ODU, GSU all saw the writing on the wall. I believe we've been in the CAA for like 40 years but time to shoot this dead horse. 'Ol Yeager was a joke but D'Antonio is a clown.
05-11-2018 12:51 PM
Advertisement

BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
PG, I agree, I like the way it turned out last season, hoping for just a little more. Seems like the beginning of the season we had a lot of exposure with it tapering off there at the end, only to be picked back up again for the playoffs. I'd say JB did a nice job given what he had to work with in that it was so late before he could get started.
05-11-2018 02:08 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I'd be shocked if JMU wasn't already working on a TV deal. I'm pretty sure it was a given at this point.
Regardless of that, the CAA is a joke.
05-11-2018 02:26 PM
etiger1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Towson Universi
Can you tell me what the article is saying? I do not have a subscription, and I am curious. I am a Towson Fan, and I am with you all on this. It is a discrace that the commish cannot get a TV contract for the CAA. What a Dumb A@#
05-11-2018 03:10 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
Does that apply to all sports or just Football?
05-11-2018 03:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Welcome to the future of college sports television. Linear channels only want to cover the P5. The G5 will be facing the same reality when their next round of TV contracts come up in the next half a decade. It's streaming only for those not in the ACC, SEC, etc.

At least JMU now knows and can have additional time to work individual tv games on our own and not at the 11th hour?
05-11-2018 03:36 PM
Advertisement

#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

(05-11-2018 03:36 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Welcome to the future of college sports television. Linear channels only want to cover the P5. The G5 will be facing the same reality when their next round of TV contracts come up in the next half a decade. It's streaming only for those not in the ACC, SEC, etc.

At least JMU now knows and can have additional time to work individual tv games on our own and not at the 11th hour?

Everyone realizes this but the commish’s lackadaisal effort is what’s most annoying. He should be trying to lock in a league wide streaming deal that’s worth a damn. Instead he’s just let his consulting group buddies that no one has ever heard of lock in the conference with this ****** college sports live for another season. He’s a joke.
05-11-2018 03:52 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

where is the outrage?
(05-11-2018 03:52 PM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  
(05-11-2018 03:36 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Welcome to the future of college sports television. Linear channels only want to cover the P5. The G5 will be facing the same reality when their next round of TV contracts come up in the next half a decade. It's streaming only for those not in the ACC, SEC, etc.

Everyone realizes this but the commish’s lackadaisal effort is what’s most annoying. He should be trying to lock in a league wide streaming deal that’s worth a damn. Instead he’s just let his consulting group buddies that no one has ever heard of lock in the conference with this ****** college sports live for another season. He’s a joke.

I think it’s a multi-year deal. We’d have to pay fees to exit it and that’s assuming we have a better option to go to. When you have member schools unwilling to invest in streaming equipment and two voices to talk into a microphone, what else can you do? You can’t hold them at gun point and force them to spend money they don’t want to.
05-11-2018 05:56 PM
#YEEHAWDUKES Offline
1st String

(05-11-2018 05:56 PM)Potomac Wrote:  

I think it’s a multi-year deal. We’d have to pay fees to exit it and that’s assuming we have a better option to go to. When you have member schools unwilling to invest in streaming equipment and two voices to talk into a microphone, what else can you do? You can’t hold them at gun point and force them to spend money they don’t want to.

He shouldn’t have signed a multi year deal with a ****** streaming service that’s only going to feature the only team anyone actually watches once a season.
05-11-2018 06:30 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
(05-11-2018 06:30 PM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  

He shouldn’t have signed a multi year deal with a ****** streaming service that’s only going to feature the only team anyone actually watches once a season.

Hey, cut Joey D some slack. He doesn't have time for unimportant stuff like TV deals. He's got to be at Delaware's Men's Crochet & Needlepoint team practice or on-site to award the conference championship trophy to the Women's Miniature Golf team at Billy & His Baby Momma.

Straight forward deals with ESPN (and their multiple streaming platforms)? Ha! That's for some conference with a commish who has way more time on his/her hands.

04-cheers
05-11-2018 07:07 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(05-11-2018 10:05 AM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  DNR article today where our CAA commish states that for the second year in a row, there will be no CAA TV contract!!!

Hey, I liked the way it turned out last year. Between, MASN, CSN, NBCSports, HTS or whatever they are calling these channels now, we had every game on TV, Our own TV Network. We are the Notre Dame of FCS!

Lets hope Bourne is putting this in place again this year.
I didn't think we did have every home game televised. According to last year's schedule UNH wasn't.
Home:
ETSU: CSN-MA+
NSU: MASN2
Maine: MASN
VU: MASN2
UNH: None
RU: MASN2

As far as away:
@ ECU: ESPN3
@ UD: CSN+, CSN-P, SNY
@ W&M: COX YURVIEW / WHSV MY VALLEY
@ URI: none
@ Elon: none

IF RU could get every one of their 5 home games regionally televised last year by CSN or CSN+, there's no reason JMU can't do the same:
http://www.richmond.com/sports/ur-strike...daec5.html

Of the away games, NC State should be ESPN3, and RU chould be CSN MA or CSN+. I don't have much hope for the other 4 away games.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2018 08:31 PM by BDKJMU.)
05-11-2018 08:29 PM
Advertisement

JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-11-2018 06:30 PM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  

Joey signed a multi-year deal with his two buddies (CSMG) who in turn signed us up for a multi year with College Sports Live and Stretch. They are listed as "partners" of CSMG, and I'd bet there are "commissions" (kickbacks) involved for CSMG on the whole deal.

It stinks to high heaven, and should have been cause to show Joey the door. Alger would implicitly have to admit he made a mistake leading the committee decision to hire a former BE NCAA Compliance Officer. Is it shocking that a former Rutgers diversity/compliance lawyer would make this choice though? I'm sure those two hit it off from day one.

What I'm hoping/praying for is some way for JB to work a streaming deal for JMU on ESPN yet. I'm less confident we get all our home games on regional networks this year, though would be very happy if we can match last years exposure. At least there is some time now to work on it.
05-11-2018 09:19 PM
sctvman Offline
1st String

I Root For: C of Charleston
Maybe this year with the announcement in May it will give us more time. CofC signed a multi-year deal with Learfield for their media relations, so they’ll probably get something better this year.

Still, they could at least do a deal with NBC Sports Washington to carry some games. Or MASN.
05-12-2018 01:41 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-11-2018 07:07 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Hey, cut Joey D some slack. He doesn't have time for unimportant stuff like TV deals. He's got to be at Delaware's Men's Crochet & Needlepoint team practice or on-site to award the conference championship trophy to the Women's Miniature Golf team at Billy & His Baby Momma.

Straight forward deals with ESPN (and their multiple streaming platforms)? Ha! That's for some conference with a commish who has way more time on his/her hands.

04-cheers

Post like this are why you're the best haha. Those mini-golf trophies aren't going to hand themselves off, you know.
05-12-2018 05:34 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

Just giving you all a heads up to go ahead and get your B'ing and M'ing out of the way now. If you want an ESPN streaming deal, it's now via ESPN+, which will bust your budget and plummet you into the red overnight when you pay $5 a month.
05-12-2018 05:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.