Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bizarre anti-Trump Mother's Day ad launched by liberal activist Tom Steyer
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
01-wingedeagle 01-wingedeagle

Quote:

Liberal activist and President Trump critic Tom Steyer is getting slammed for a “bizarre” Mother’s Day ad, put out by his political advocacy group NextGen America, that attacks the president and other Republicans.

The 60-second spot shows a woman talking about how she missed the early-warning signs that her young-adult son had become a Republican and is warning other moms to take heed.

“It wasn't until I met his college buddies that I realized it was too late,” she says, amid images of white nationalists carry tiki torches at the deadly protests last summer in Charlottesville, Va.

This mom didn't catch the signs until it was too late. This mother's day, get to know the warning signs of a Trump supporter in the making. pic.twitter.com/QDsChOGoub
— NextGen America (@NextGenAmerica) May 9, 2018

“This Mother’s Day, talk to your child about the GOP,” she says at the end of the video. “I wish I had.”

The mother also says in the video that another early sign was that her son wouldn’t do his own laundry -- before viewers see an image of a young man with a Trump T-shirt in his laundry basket.

“Saw this guy’s ad yesterday,” “Patriot” said via Twitter. “Yea, he’s really out there with his hatred of all things Conservative, Trump, and NRA. I’m sure Christianity will be next on his list if it’s not already. Beware.”

The conservative news site Independent Journal Review on Saturday posted a story on the video calling it “bizarre.”

The video also shows the son holding up a sign reading “Baby Killer,” an apparent reference to pro-choice advocates.

Link
05-13-2018 03:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: Bizarre anti-Trump Mother's Day ad launched by liberal activist Tom Steyer
This is an unintentionally hilarious indictment of Democrats themselves. The ‘good’ Democratic mother was a bad mom and when she found out about the sorry job she did with her son, she doesn’t do anything productive but whine and drink.
05-13-2018 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
[Image: Old-English-Fruitcake-3.jpg]
05-13-2018 03:46 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Drip drip drip
05-13-2018 03:58 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Imagine being so unhinged that you thought that was money well spent.

(05-13-2018 03:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  This is an unintentionally hilarious indictment of Democrats themselves.

Absolutely, I'm almost embarrassed for them at this point.
05-13-2018 04:00 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
ok lefties, do you disavow this ad?
05-13-2018 05:14 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(05-13-2018 04:00 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Imagine being so unhinged that you thought that was money well spent.

(05-13-2018 03:45 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  This is an unintentionally hilarious indictment of Democrats themselves.

Absolutely, I'm almost embarrassed for them at this point.

Well they are speaking to themselves. I remember going to a party and seeing a sign on the refrigerator, "Friends don't let friends become Republicans."
05-13-2018 05:26 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
That can’t be real. Just can’t be.
05-13-2018 05:35 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
(05-13-2018 05:14 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  ok lefties, do you disavow this ad?

Stupid ad. Steyer, like a lot of Democrat activists, are growing more and more bizarre and silly all the time. It's not going to change my basic beliefs but I wish folks like him, Maxine Walters and others would stop embarrassing the Democratic Party.

Steyer, by the way, almost ran for governor of California this year.
05-13-2018 05:44 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
They are all becoming more and more unhinged. George Will attacked V-P Pence for being polite. Bill Bennet rakes him over the coals for his bizarre attack. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/05/1...cency.html
05-13-2018 05:52 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I simply say thank you to the left for #keepingon #exposed

they're serving it up on their perpetual dippo 'stupid platter' by the day as the midterms close in on their ever shrinking little corner....

#goodtimes
05-13-2018 07:20 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
This is the best this billionaire liberal activist/fundraiser can do? SMDH. This guy is also pushing the impeach narrative. Please, don't change your tactics...losers gonna keep losing.
05-13-2018 08:25 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Liberal losers.
05-13-2018 08:42 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
That’s just comedy gold.

So, your son has some college buddy’s, and you’re reduced to downing entire martinis in one gulp by yourself.

Buckle up, grandma. The party’s just getting started.

Better go pour another couple shots!
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 01:11 AM by JMUDunk.)
05-14-2018 01:10 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
This guy has ads on the TV here every morning. Seems weird to spend that money for something that won't happen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
05-14-2018 06:12 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(05-13-2018 05:44 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  
(05-13-2018 05:14 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  ok lefties, do you disavow this ad?

Stupid ad. Steyer, like a lot of Democrat activists, are growing more and more bizarre and silly all the time. It's not going to change my basic beliefs but I wish folks like him, Maxine Walters and others would stop embarrassing the Democratic Party.

Steyer, by the way, almost ran for governor of California this year.

I get that it wouldn't change your belief but if it were between him and a Republican, would you cast your vote for him?
05-14-2018 07:18 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
WTF was that?
05-14-2018 07:49 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(05-13-2018 05:44 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Stupid ad. Steyer, like a lot of Democrat activists, are growing more and more bizarre and silly all the time. It's not going to change my basic beliefs but I wish folks like him, Maxine Walters and others would stop embarrassing the Democratic Party.

They are who the Democratic Party are now.

Disagree? Name the leading democrats who disagree with them.

I know you are a democrat. I think there are millions of people like yourself who identify as democrats because you support concepts like equality and justice. But your party's leadership is a bunch of charlatans who are preying on your good intentions to stoke their hunger for power.

Republicans have a similar problem. But their leaders are idiots, not charlatans. Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are going to run circles around Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan because the former care about noting but a Machiavellian (in the historic sense, not referring to the current board participant) lust for power, and they will use any means to get it.

I'm not a member of either party, because I don't want to follow idiots or charlatans.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2018 10:14 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
05-14-2018 09:19 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Democrats have sunk to the equivalent of "Reefer Madness", lol...

Quote: For the left's entire existence on earth, it had a youth brand.

We are the voice of a new generation was its identity long before it was that of Pepsi, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones. The left is the wave of the future. It represents a new generation that will no longer put up with the discredited institutions and approaches of the past.

That's why leftists who know advertising are freaking out over the Mother's Day from Tom Steyer ad, the Dem billionaire donor. Not only is the ad so treacly it could have from the Hillary Clinton campaign (even The Children are Listening was better than this) , but it violates the first rule of lefty messaging.

This is the kind of ad a Republican could have made about a lefty college. There's the upper class mother worried about her son's politics. But the message is, "Don't let your kids grow up to be Republicans."

1. It's a Reefer Madness ad warning about the terrible things that the youth are up to. There's no surer way of making whatever they're up look cool than ads like this.

2. The Democrat here is an older woman while the Republican is a college kid. That's the opposite of the brand that the left has worked hard to cultivate.

3. Sneering contempt pervades the ad. It's purpose is to damage the GOP brand. But its most receptive audiences are lefties who already agree with it. And they're going to shrug because it isn't hateful enough. That's the usual problem with lefty virtue signaling. In this case, it builds Tom Steyer's brand. And that's all he really seems to want to do.

4. While many in the conservative movement bemoan a youth drifting leftward, Steyer and his people are worried about them becoming Republicans. But urging their parents to tell them not to be Republicans can't help but backfire. And so it's really urging upper class lefties to destroy the GOP by warning that it's a threat to the youth. Political reefer madness.

This is the kind of ad that Republicans would have made if they could write lefty ads. Instead Tom Steyer thought this was a good idea.

Will they never learn?
05-16-2018 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.