Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The sky is not falling
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
The sky is not falling
Losing 2/3 to a good La Tech team isn't a "TTT" moment. If anything, we might have helped them out in getting an at-large invitation. Who knows...what WOULD be a TTT moment is if we go 1-3 or 0-4 this week and 0-2 in the conf. tourney.

This past weekend was definitely a wake up call though. I'd rather them lose a weekend series, get pissed, and want some redemption against LT in the tourney should we face them again. Adds a little extra motivation.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 09:02 AM by TTT.)
05-14-2018 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: The sky is not falling
(05-14-2018 09:00 AM)TTT Wrote:  Losing 2/3 to a good La Tech team isn't a "TTT" moment. If anything, we might have helped them out in getting an at-large invitation. Who knows...what WOULD be a TTT moment is if we go 1-3 or 0-4 this week and 0-2 in the conf. tourney.

This past weekend was definitely a wake up call though. I'd rather them lose a weekend series, get pissed, and want some redemption against LT in the tourney should we face them again. Adds a little extra motivation.

Agreed. Now if they (La Tech) had been in last place then yes it would've been a TTT moment.....as well as if we somehow get swept this weekend at Marshall (tied for 11th/last place) THAT will be a top 5 all time TTT moment.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 09:42 AM by usm99.)
05-14-2018 09:41 AM
eaglenjxn Offline
All American

(05-14-2018 09:00 AM)TTT Wrote:  Losing 2/3 to a good La Tech team isn't a "TTT" moment. If anything, we might have helped them out in getting an at-large invitation. Who knows...what WOULD be a TTT moment is if we go 1-3 or 0-4 this week and 0-2 in the conf. tourney.

It isn't a TTT moment. We didn't have anything to lose other than a meaningless top-10 spot in a poll.

The series in itself is not a big deal. LT may not make the tournament because of RPI but they are a tournament-quality team. We lost 2/3 to a good team. It happens. Everything that we had in front of us before Friday night is still there. If we lose a series to Marshall, then we are getting into TTTerritory.

For me, the problem from this series is that we have played so few games against good teams. This team (like last year's) can consistently beat the **** out of bad to average competition. Moreso than last year, I'll definitely go into the regional wondering if this is a team that is capable of winning enough games against good regional competition to make any noise in the postseason. I'm not saying they can't. But they haven't proven it.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018 10:58 AM by eaglenjxn.)
05-14-2018 10:56 AM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Definitely a weekend of sloppy ass baseball. I think we plunked about 28 of their hitters.
05-14-2018 11:05 AM
Black Diamond Reb Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ole Miss / USM
(05-14-2018 11:05 AM)thethirteenthgrade Wrote:  The sky is not falling.

So what if it did? The low ceiling of picnics, billboards, and SUNWACUSA titles wouldn't hurt anyone.
05-14-2018 02:49 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-14-2018 10:56 AM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  

It isn't a TTT moment. We didn't have anything to lose other than a meaningless top-10 spot in a poll.

The series in itself is not a big deal. LT may not make the tournament because of RPI but they are a tournament-quality team. We lost 2/3 to a good team. It happens. Everything that we had in front of us before Friday night is still there. If we lose a series to Marshall, then we are getting into TTTerritory.

For me, the problem from this series is that we have played so few games against good teams. This team (like last year's) can consistently beat the **** out of bad to average competition. Moreso than last year, I'll definitely go into the regional wondering if this is a team that is capable of winning enough games against good regional competition to make any noise in the postseason. I'm not saying they can't. But they haven't proven it.

I wouldn't argue any of that from the macro side of the equation....

however, I still see a few tweaks from the micro side that could improve more consistent run scoring and closer potential....but that's just my druthers....

we'll find out soon enough, eh?
05-14-2018 04:25 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

wrong. we were still in position to host.
05-14-2018 05:38 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

(05-14-2018 05:38 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

He’s right. No one except USM fans (“BUT MUH POLLS”) had us in the mix to host. We weren’t even discussed as a potential candidate in D1’s stock report article.
05-14-2018 05:49 PM
1st String

(05-14-2018 05:49 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  USM fans had us in the mix to host.

[Image: 980x.gif]
05-14-2018 06:08 PM
RockTheRock Offline
Special Teams

Let’s see:

- In front of three of biggest crowds of season
- A chance to improve RPI
- A chance to clinch at home instead of in front of 50 people in West VA.
- A chance to help the case to host again

All of that is gone. It was the very definition of TTT.
05-14-2018 07:27 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
You're just being pessimistic.
05-14-2018 08:28 PM
Advertisement

Reggie Favre Offline
All American

(05-14-2018 05:49 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  
(05-14-2018 05:38 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

He’s right. No one except USM fans (“BUT MUH POLLS”) had us in the mix to host.

Do you just make **** up all the time and ignore every fact that doesn't support your view, no matter what, for no matter how long? i know your kind. you must be a liberal democrat.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/rankings...ll-top-25/

"Week in a sentence: Southern Miss lost its first series of the year and fell out of the hosting race but the Golden Eagles remain on the precipice of clinching their second straight Conference USA regular season title."
05-14-2018 08:51 PM
EagNBran Offline
All American

1. No reason to call people names. Just isn't productive. I know we're frustrated, but let's be better than that.

2. Also no reason to constantly crap on other people's dreams. If they see a path to hosting, let them see it. We don't need our weekly 'we have no chance', which we've been receiving since Week 2. Let people believe. It doesn't hurt anyone and there's no need to talk down to others because they did believe.

No matter which side someone falls on, we're all Southern Miss fans. Relax, enjoy the ride. We'll probably be a two seed somewhere. Let's make the host squirm.
05-15-2018 10:54 AM
Wildeagle Offline
Bench Warmer

1. I’m a liberal independent and it has no bearing on baseball
2. We don’t have the pitching to get out of a regional, 1,2,3 or 4 seed
05-15-2018 11:48 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(05-15-2018 11:48 AM)Wildeagle Wrote:  1. I’m a liberal independent and it has no bearing on baseball
2. We don’t have the pitching to get out of a regional, 1,2,3 or 4 seed

however, we do have the ability to start powell in g1, and have sandlin start g2.....

we also have the ability to outscore anyone...

I think this cast of characters regroups once the post season begins..,
05-15-2018 11:55 AM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(05-15-2018 11:48 AM)Wildeagle Wrote:  1. I’m a liberal independent and it has no bearing on my love of USM

You mean there's another one of me out there? 03-lmfao04-cheers04-rock
05-15-2018 01:59 PM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

(05-15-2018 10:54 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  let's be better than that.

First day here?
05-15-2018 07:11 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

whats that sky looking like?
05-15-2018 07:59 PM
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(05-15-2018 07:59 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  whats that sky looking like?

full of UNO crushed baseballs?
05-15-2018 08:01 PM
1st String

(05-15-2018 07:59 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  whats that sky looking like?

Malaysian airspace.
05-15-2018 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.