Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All 31 Bishops admit guilt!
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
All 31 Bishops admit guilt!
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/...e-cover-up

From the link:

"We want to ask forgiveness for the pain we caused victims, the pope, the people of God and our country for the grave errors and omissions that we committed," they said.

"We want to announce that all bishops present in Rome, in writing, have placed our positions in the Holy Father's hands so that he may freely decide regarding each one of us."

So what about man’s law?
05-18-2018 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: All 31 Bishops admit guilt!
Hang em!
05-18-2018 05:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
I was born into a catholic family....

my uncle was accosted as was my mother during their childhood.....

take a guess why I stopped believing by the age of 4....nobody ever came close to touching my arse.....I fk'd with every priest I could until I moved out when I didn't have to listen to my parents bs anymore....they didn't handle the atheism thingy well either.....oh wellzy.....

those are some fk'd up motherfokkers....

if it was up to me, I'd beat every one 'em to a pulp with my bare hands......
05-18-2018 06:46 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Disclaimer: of course nobody has any obligation at all to answer personal questions on this forum. But the comments just brought up some genuine curiosity for me and I wanted to ask. No offense intended.

(05-18-2018 06:46 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  my uncle was accosted as was my mother during their childhood
Did you learn about their experiences directly from them, or from other people? What did they say?

Quote:I stopped believing by the age of 4
Do you have a distinct memory of when that happened?
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018 08:02 PM by Native Georgian.)
05-18-2018 08:01 PM
stinkfist Offline

(05-18-2018 08:01 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Disclaimer: of course nobody has any obligation at all to answer personal questions on this forum. But the comments just brought up some genuine curiosity for me and I wanted to ask. No offense intended.

(05-18-2018 06:46 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  my uncle was accosted as was my mother during their childhood
Did you learn about their experiences directly from them, or from other people? What did they say?

Quote:I stopped believing by the age of 4
Do you have a distinct memory of when that happened?

none taken.....I wouldn't post it if I was tender.....

I didn't find out about my uncle ~14.....the bishop at mary queen o' peace (there's irony) finally got roasted by the diocese....he literally died 6 mos. after being indicted....

my mom was all her narcacisstic hormonal woman-speak as she began to age.....all I knew was it was awfully strange.....

2nd grade at St. Elizabeth's.....Father fk'n Jack.....I led a brigade to the point where all the 'males' had to spend an hr. kneeling the in that godforsaken sanctuary saying our fathers and hail fk'n mary's......FOR AN HOUR!!!\

dude by the time I was four, I knew how to read text and people......it was really simple for me........and it's never changed......

you can't lie to yourself........it doesn't matter how hard you try....
05-18-2018 08:35 PM
Advertisement

Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Funny how what you believe changes reality.
05-19-2018 08:13 AM
stinkfist Offline

(05-19-2018 08:13 AM)Claw Wrote:  Funny how what you believe changes perspective.

yup to a minor fify....
05-19-2018 10:56 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
What happens now has a lot to do with the history.

https://www.futurechurch.org/brief-histo...lic-church

A Brief History of Celibacy in the
Catholic Church

First Century
Peter, the first pope, and the apostles that Jesus chose were, for the most part, married men. The New Testament implies that women presided at eucharistic meals in the early church.

Second and Third Century
Age of Gnosticism: light and spirit are good, darkness and material things are evil. A person cannot be married and be perfect. However, most priests were married.

Fourth Century
306-Council of Elvira, Spain, decree #43: a priest who sleeps with his wife the night before Mass will lose his job.
325-Council of Nicea: decreed that after ordination a priest could not marry. Proclaimed the Nicene Creed.
352-Council of Laodicea: women are not to be ordained. This suggests that before this time there was ordination of women.
385-Pope Siricius left his wife in order to become pope. Decreed that priests may no longer sleep with their wives.

Fifth Century
401-St. Augustine wrote, Nothing is so powerful in drawing the spirit of a man downwards as the caresses of a woman.

Sixth Century
567-2nd Council of Tours: any cleric found in bed with his wife would be excommunicated for a year and reduced to the lay state.
580-Pope Pelagius II: his policy was not to bother married priests as long as they did not hand over church property to wives or children.
590-604-Pope Gregory the Great said that all sexual desire is sinful in itself (meaning that sexual desire is intrinsically evil?).

Seventh Century
France: documents show that the majority of priest were married.

Eighth Century
St. Boniface reported to the pope that in Germany almost no bishop or priest was celibate.

Ninth Century
836-Council of Aix-la-Chapelle openly admitted that abortions and infanticide took place in convents and monasteries to cover up activities of uncelibate clerics.
St. Ulrich, a holy bishop, argued from scripture and common sense that the only way to purify the church from the worst excesses of celibacy was to permit priests to marry.

Eleventh Century
1045-

Benedict IX dispensed himself from celibacy and resigned in order to marry.
1074-Pope Gregory VII said anyone to be ordained must first pledge celibacy: priests [must] first escape from the clutches of their wives.
1095-Pope Urban II had priests wives sold into slavery, children were abandoned.

etc....
05-19-2018 11:13 AM
stinkfist Offline

(05-19-2018 11:13 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  What happens now has a lot to do with the history.

https://www.futurechurch.org/brief-histo...lic-church

A Brief History of Celibacy in the
Catholic Church

First Century
Peter, the first pope, and the apostles that Jesus chose were, for the most part, married men. The New Testament implies that women presided at eucharistic meals in the early church.

Second and Third Century
Age of Gnosticism: light and spirit are good, darkness and material things are evil. A person cannot be married and be perfect. However, most priests were married.

Fourth Century
306-Council of Elvira, Spain, decree #43: a priest who sleeps with his wife the night before Mass will lose his job.
325-Council of Nicea: decreed that after ordination a priest could not marry. Proclaimed the Nicene Creed.
352-Council of Laodicea: women are not to be ordained. This suggests that before this time there was ordination of women.
385-Pope Siricius left his wife in order to become pope. Decreed that priests may no longer sleep with their wives.

Fifth Century
401-St. Augustine wrote, Nothing is so powerful in drawing the spirit of a man downwards as the caresses of a woman.

Sixth Century
567-2nd Council of Tours: any cleric found in bed with his wife would be excommunicated for a year and reduced to the lay state.
580-Pope Pelagius II: his policy was not to bother married priests as long as they did not hand over church property to wives or children.
590-604-Pope Gregory the Great said that all sexual desire is sinful in itself (meaning that sexual desire is intrinsically evil?).

Seventh Century
France: documents show that the majority of priest were married.

Eighth Century
St. Boniface reported to the pope that in Germany almost no bishop or priest was celibate.

Ninth Century
836-Council of Aix-la-Chapelle openly admitted that abortions and infanticide took place in convents and monasteries to cover up activities of uncelibate clerics.
St. Ulrich, a holy bishop, argued from scripture and common sense that the only way to purify the church from the worst excesses of celibacy was to permit priests to marry.

Eleventh Century
1045-

Benedict IX dispensed himself from celibacy and resigned in order to marry.
1074-Pope Gregory VII said anyone to be ordained must first pledge celibacy: priests [must] first escape from the clutches of their wives.
1095-Pope Urban II had priests wives sold into slavery, children were abandoned.

etc....

there's no question....out of all the dipshite catholic 'doctrine', that one reigns supreme in the land of stupid....

I actually have a priest in my extended family......he's as 'three dollar bill' as they 'come'....

it's the first one you question to yourself as a tyke and go, "dafuq is this bs???.....naw man, y'all have a good day with that bs"
05-19-2018 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.