Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which C-USA teams receive Get Out of Jail cards when AAC, MWC have to backfill?
PeteTheChop Offline
Here rests the ACC: 1953-2026

I Root For: C-A-N-E-S
Which C-USA teams receive Get Out of Jail cards when AAC, MWC have to backfill?
Tier 1: Very likely to move up
Rice

Tier 2: Likely to move up
UTEP

Tier 3: 50/50 either way
Old Dominion
UAB
UTSA

Tier 4: Most likely to remain in CUSA or C-USA/Sun Belt hybrid
Charlotte
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana Tech
Marshall
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
Southern Miss
Western Kentucky

What do y'all think?
06-05-2018 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ghostofclt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Which C-USA teams receive Get Out of Jail cards when AAC, MWC have to backfill?
clt cracks open a zima and waits for the responses
06-05-2018 05:34 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
RE: Which C-USA teams receive Get Out of Jail cards when AAC, MWC have to backfill?
I think this a good troll job.
06-05-2018 05:36 PM
Dogluva Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
It depends on which MWC or AAC teams leave their conference and which get left out. C-USA will consider all of the remaining leftovers equally, but we probably won't have room for any of them. Sorry.
06-05-2018 07:14 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Having Marshall and Southern Miss in Tier 4 is asinine.
06-05-2018 10:42 PM
XYZ Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Various
(06-05-2018 05:29 PM)PeteTheChop Wrote:  Tier 1: Very likely to move up
Rice

UTEP

Old Dominion
UAB
UTSA

Charlotte
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana Tech
Marshall
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
Southern Miss
Western Kentucky

What do y'all think?

The MWC and AAC are two very different quality leagues. With the exception of a couple more top teams, the MWC is basically the same level as CUSA except in the West. In a few years CUSA could easily be the stronger conference.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 12:04 AM by XYZ.)
06-06-2018 12:02 AM
Advertisement

Franko Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Unless you are moving to a P5 league I think the proper preposition would be over, not up by the way.
06-06-2018 05:03 AM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
(06-05-2018 05:34 PM)ghostofclt Wrote:  clt cracks open a Zima and waits for the responses

clt still doing this in 2018?
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 06:57 AM by goliath74.)
06-06-2018 06:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
(06-06-2018 05:03 AM)Franko Wrote:  Unless you are moving to a P5 league I think the proper preposition would be over, not up by the way.

P6! P6! P6!

You are correct.
06-06-2018 06:57 AM
goliath74 Offline

But, seriously, UTEP leaving and UTSA staying? Don't these guys have somewhat of a rivalry?
06-06-2018 06:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
va-eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(06-05-2018 05:29 PM)PeteTheChop Wrote:  Tier 1: Very likely to move up
Rice

UTEP

Old Dominion
UAB
UTSA

Charlotte
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Louisiana Tech
Marshall
Middle Tennessee
North Texas
Southern Miss
Western Kentucky

What do y'all think?

That Tier 4 lineup you have listed could probably own the AAC in FB after next reshuffle.
06-06-2018 07:16 AM
Advertisement

HoustonRoadRunner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
ive heard that both the university of UNCC and ODU already have deals lined up with the mountain west
06-06-2018 07:18 AM
Fish Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
I have insider information that the initial post is very close to reality, but they got a just a couple of things wrong. Instead, the FBS universities in Florida are going to leave their respective conferences to start the Sunshine Conference:

FIU
FAU
UCF
USF
UF
FSU
Miami

For an 8th member, Florida Gulf Coast University is going to be starting up football. At the heart of the Sunshine Conference is the desire to minimize travel costs. The Sunshine Conference was being reported as a done deal, until UCF and USF raised concerns that they didn't want to leave their "P6 conference." I have heard the Sunshine Conference may replace these schools with Nova Southeastern University and Miami-Dade Community College as the other university presidents believe they add more value.
06-06-2018 07:29 AM
goliath74 Offline

:D
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 07:35 AM by goliath74.)
06-06-2018 07:35 AM
goliath74 Offline

(06-06-2018 07:29 AM)Fish Wrote:  I have insider information that the initial post is very close to reality, but they got a just a couple of things wrong. Instead, the FBS universities in Florida are going to leave their respective conferences to start the Sunshine Conference:

FIU
FAU
UCF
USF
UF
FSU
Miami

For an 8th member, Florida Gulf Coast University is going to be starting up football. At the heart of the Sunshine Conference is the desire to minimize travel costs. The Sunshine Conference was being reported as a done deal, until UCF and USF raised concerns that they didn't want to leave their "P6 conference." I have heard the Sunshine Conference may replace these schools with Nova Southeastern University and Miami-Dade Community College as the other university presidents believe they add more value.

I thought they were elevating Bethune-Cookman, FAMU, Jacksonville, and Stetson, instead!
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2018 07:37 AM by goliath74.)
06-06-2018 07:37 AM
HoustonRoadRunner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
(06-06-2018 07:29 AM)Fish Wrote:  I have insider information that the initial post is very close to reality, but they got a just a couple of things wrong. Instead, the FBS universities in Florida are going to leave their respective conferences to start the Sunshine Conference:

FIU
FAU
UCF
USF
UF
FSU
Miami

add stetson too and you got the best baseball conference in the country
06-06-2018 07:41 AM
Advertisement

goliath74 Offline

The Sunshine Conference would be killer in football, baseball, and basketball!
06-06-2018 07:45 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Troll

Also who ever said the AAC would pick CUSA to backfill from?
06-06-2018 09:02 AM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(06-05-2018 05:34 PM)ghostofclt Wrote:  clt cracks open a zima and waits for the responses

clt drinks zima? i'm GLAD he's dead.
06-06-2018 09:29 AM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(06-06-2018 07:18 AM)HoustonRoadRunner Wrote:  ive heard that both the university of UNCC and ODU already have deals lined up with the mountain west

It's true. Even though this is the closest thing to a mountain that we have and the only thing it's west of is the ocean:

[Image: 1280px-Mt_Trashmore.jpg]
06-06-2018 09:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.