Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Multi-Year CUSA TV Deal With ESPN+
Bookmark and Share
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
New Multi-Year CUSA TV Deal With ESPN+
New Multi-Year Deal Boasts More than 175 Games Annually, at least 125 Combined Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball Games
ESPN’s Digital Platforms Become Primary Home of Multiple C-USA Conference Championships and Adds Exclusive Early Round Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championship Action
More than 100 Games on ESPN+
ESPN has further bolstered the college sports offerings on ESPN+ with a new, multi-year agreement with Conference USA. The digital deal will deliver more than 175 C-USA games to fans each year, including more than 125 combined football, men’s and women’s basketball games, with more than 100 of the total games on ESPN+ and the remaining games on ESPN3. In addition, ESPN’s digital platforms become the primary home of multiple C-USA Conference Championships, while also adding exclusive early round men’s and women’s basketball championship action.

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea...s-on-espn/
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 11:31 AM by Attackcoog.)
06-07-2018 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: New Multi-Year CUSA TV Deal With ESPN+
So, how much $$$ does CUSA get out of this? s/
06-07-2018 11:42 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
So this is basically the same deal as the Sun Belt is getting. We just have are deals with CBS Sports, BEIN, and Stadium on top of it.
06-07-2018 11:58 AM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
Guess I've finally got a reason to bite the ESPN+ bullet.
06-07-2018 12:03 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
(06-07-2018 12:03 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  Guess I've finally got a reason to bite the ESPN+ bullet.

It's not so bad. $50 for the year and you'll get USL soccer, some MLS, MLB, and I think UFC is in the works.
06-07-2018 12:04 PM
chidave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
As long as we're not having to pay for ESPN+ in addition to CUSATV I'm ok with this.
06-07-2018 12:12 PM
Advertisement

MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
We can finally give CUSA TV the Ole Yeller treatment.
06-07-2018 12:13 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
You will like ESPN+. It's well worth it.

CUSA-TV was so bad.
06-07-2018 12:45 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
(06-07-2018 12:12 PM)chidave Wrote:  As long as we're not having to pay for ESPN+ in addition to CUSATV I'm ok with this.

You do have to pay for ESPN+. $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year.
06-07-2018 12:50 PM
thefaU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FloridaAtlantic
(06-07-2018 12:45 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  You will like ESPN+. It's well worth it.

CUSA-TV was so bad.

The content from CUSA.tv is essentially transferring over to ESPN+. The production quality will be no different as the individual schools are responsible for the broadcasts. We'll just be saving $5.
06-07-2018 12:52 PM
hoppy785 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall
Does anyone know what this means for the remaining basketball games. They are only picking up and handful per team. We don't traditionally get many basketball games on regular TV, so where do the other games go? Will CUSA-TV still be used for these games or is there some other deal? If CUSA-TV, do we still have to pay for it and ESPN+ to ensure we see all basketball games?
06-07-2018 12:53 PM
Advertisement

Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
The burning question: does ESPN+ allow scoreboard feeds? Those are abhorrent. If this deal forces lazy schools to avoid doing this, it's already a win for CUSA fans. Watching a scoreboard feed is one of the worst fan experiences I have ever had. Its brutal.
06-07-2018 01:04 PM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(06-07-2018 12:52 PM)thefaU Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 12:45 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  You will like ESPN+. It's well worth it.

CUSA-TV was so bad.

The content from CUSA.tv is essentially transferring over to ESPN+. The production quality will be no different as the individual schools are responsible for the broadcasts. We'll just be saving $5.

Surely the quality will change for some schools. Just this season, I paid for a 24-hour CUSATV pass to watch Troy play at UAB in baseball. The quality and buffering was soooo bad. There's no way that gets transferred over to ESPN+.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2018 01:16 PM by CardinalBlackTrojan.)
06-07-2018 01:15 PM
FD2004 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UTSA
(06-07-2018 01:04 PM)Artifice Wrote:  The burning question: does ESPN+ allow scoreboard feeds? Those are abhorrent. If this deal forces lazy schools to avoid doing this, it's already a win for CUSA fans. Watching a scoreboard feed is one of the worst fan experiences I have ever had. Its brutal.

To my knowledge, no.

For UTSA games, ESPN3 was re-transmitting UTSA games from a locally produced broadcast. I could see the game in San Antonio on linear TV but outside the market, one would have to watch via ESPN3 or now ESPN+.
06-07-2018 01:17 PM
Artifice Offline
1st String

I Root For: Beer
CUSA.TV frequently featured scoreboard feeds from schools with poor production values or who just didn't care. That has to stop.
06-07-2018 01:19 PM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-07-2018 01:15 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 12:52 PM)thefaU Wrote:  

CUSA-TV was so bad.

Surely the quality will change for some schools. Just this season, I paid for a 24-hour CUSATV pass to watch Troy play at UAB in baseball. The quality and buffering was soooo bad. There's no way that gets transferred over to ESPN+.

Doubt CUSA is exempt from meeting production standard thresholds. Good news is there is probably some cash involved to offset those costs.
06-07-2018 01:21 PM
Advertisement

thefaU Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FloridaAtlantic
(06-07-2018 01:15 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Surely the quality will change for some schools. Just this season, I paid for a 24-hour CUSATV pass to watch Troy play at UAB in baseball. The quality and buffering was soooo bad. There's no way that gets transferred over to ESPN+... so I'm assuming some schools will have to upgrade their equipment in order to do this?

I'd assume so, but I also don't expect to see any drastic improvements in such a short period of time. The content produced by some of our schools is really bad. Maybe in a few years and the necessary upgrades it will be much better, but at least for now it's just CUSA.tv under a different umbrella.
06-07-2018 01:24 PM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(06-07-2018 01:17 PM)FD2004 Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 01:04 PM)Artifice Wrote:  The burning question: does ESPN+ allow scoreboard feeds? Those are abhorrent. If this deal forces lazy schools to avoid doing this, it's already a win for CUSA fans. Watching a scoreboard feed is one of the worst fan experiences I have ever had. Its brutal.

To my knowledge, no.

For UTSA games, ESPN3 was re-transmitting UTSA games from a locally produced broadcast. I could see the game in San Antonio on linear TV but outside the market, one would have to watch via ESPN3 or now ESPN+.

In the past, I know Memphis and UCONN have put together local/regional packages for FB (mainly the FCS games) and BB for games falling to ESPN3. Not sure how + will work since it specifies digital rights.
06-07-2018 01:26 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
When will our presidents finally get rid of MacLeod? This is terrible.
06-07-2018 01:31 PM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(06-07-2018 01:31 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  When will our presidents finally get rid of MacLeod? This is terrible.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

When would you like your first helping of crow? Now or after North Texas “loses money by having to pay broadcast costs?”
06-07-2018 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.