Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Government to Shut Down Free Speech
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Germany
Populist talkshows fuel rise of far right, German TV bosses told

Quote:The head of Germany’s most powerful cultural body has called for the plug to be pulled on the nation’s multitude of political talkshows for a year, arguing that their populist agenda has helped fuel the rise of the far right.

Shut down speech and the exchange of ideas because they oppose state policies.

And what policies particularly?

Quote:Olaf Zimmermann, who heads the German cultural council, an umbrella group for organisations from art galleries to television companies, said public broadcasters needed to step back and rethink a format that has helped cement gloom-ridden public attitudes towards refugees and Islam

Why? Because those attitudes...

Quote:propelled the Alternative fur Deutschland party into parliament at last September’s election.
06-13-2018 01:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
RE: Government to Shut Down Free Speech
Nancy Pelosi believes the same thing should happen here in America; she said the so-called Fairness Doctrine would allow for "more correct opinions".
06-13-2018 01:57 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
In all fairness, Germany has dark history with far right groups using minority classes to fuel hate. It was the jews before, now it's the muslims. Their country, their problem. They can handle it however they see fit.
06-13-2018 01:57 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-13-2018 01:57 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  In all fairness, Germany has dark history with far right groups using minority classes to fuel hate. It was the jews before, now it's the muslims. Their country, their problem. They can handle it however they see fit.

Unfortunately, Germany's internal problems have a habit of becoming the world's problem. Not saying that is the case now, just saying.....
06-13-2018 02:04 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-13-2018 01:57 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Nancy Pelosi believes the same thing should happen here in America; she said the so-called Fairness Doctrine would allow for "more correct opinions".

...(ahem) meaning theirs of course. Why do the Demons love Communism?
06-13-2018 02:05 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

(06-13-2018 01:57 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  In all fairness, Germany has dark history with far right groups using minority classes to fuel hate. It was the jews before, now it's the muslims. Their country, their problem. They can handle it however they see fit.

You're exactly right. It is their problem.

I'm simply pointing out how a particular government chooses to deal with their problem.

And the radleft tells us we should be more like European nations.

As thespiritof1976 pointed out, shutting down certain speech has been suggested in this country.
06-13-2018 06:13 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

[Image: 49653733-146c-42fa-ad31-8359cc9d29d0.jpg]
06-13-2018 06:19 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

And Hitler used the same mentality to shut down Communists and labor unions and eventually Jews.
06-13-2018 06:33 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

(06-13-2018 06:13 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

I'm simply pointing out how a particular government chooses to deal with their problem.

As thespiritof1976 pointed out, shutting down certain speech has been suggested in this country.

But it takes an alarmist mentality to think that anything like that or confiscating our guns will ever happen. Despite what the hard right media in our country would lead us to believe, there are far more conservatives and reasonable liberals to ever subjugate the Constitution for the liberties of progressives
06-13-2018 09:01 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

Except this time around, Germany imported the minority class.
06-13-2018 09:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
This fear of the nebulous concept of “far-right” is ridiculous.
06-13-2018 09:13 PM
Advertisement

bobdizole Offline
All American

Technically the children of Jacob have always been an imported class except for one tiny piece of the planet. Most of the planet has just chosen not to try to exterminate them though
06-13-2018 09:16 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

(06-13-2018 09:13 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  This fear of the nebulous concept of “far-right” is ridiculous.

It's not a nebulous concept though in some areas. Our MSM has made reasonable people concerned with illegal immigration and welfare leaches seem to he far right/Nazis, bit there are true malicious far right/neo Nazis/white supremacists that should be cause for concern. More so abroad where there is a smaller population and obviously less reasonable people to contest them.
06-13-2018 09:20 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

(06-13-2018 09:01 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(06-13-2018 06:13 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

But it takes an alarmist mentality to think that anything like that or confiscating our guns will ever happen. Despite what the hard right media in our country would lead us to believe, there are far more conservatives and reasonable liberals to ever subjugate the Constitution for the liberties of progressives

That alarmist mentality is what keeps them in check.

I believe it was Lincoln who said, "The philosophy in the school room in one generation is the philosophy of government the next."

That strategy was specifically mentioned in The Communist Manifesto, Chapter II. Proletarians and Communists

Quote:The proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralise all instruments of production in the hands of the State, i.e., of the proletariat organised as the ruling class; and to increase the total productive forces as rapidly as possible.

Quote:10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c, &c

We have witnessed the "dumbing down" of American public education. This was by design. Teaching the Three R's has been replaced by components of the Social Justice/Politically Correct movement.

As a result, we are witnessing TODAY the mindset of Millineals.

If anyone thinks this is a passing fad they are sadly mistaken. This is a world-view that is fighting for dominance and control of our society and government.

Couple this with the idea that the Constitution is a Living Document and you have a very real threat. To disregard it is, well, in my opinion, naive.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018 09:48 AM by umbluegray.)
06-14-2018 09:48 AM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
(06-13-2018 06:33 PM)bullet Wrote:  

And Hitler used the same mentality to shut down Communists and labor unions and eventually Jews.

ThAt is what librals fear trump is doing by singling out Mexicans and calling them rapists and other things which gets some of his supporters to do or call them horrible things. Blaming the countries issues on them. Even if the a large amount of Mexicans have entered this country legally., pay taxes, etc...

Trump is obviously not hitler... but its still alarming to have him direct to so much hate towards one group of people, just to get votes.

Obviously there is an immigration issue but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018 10:18 AM by Huskypride.)
06-14-2018 10:16 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
(06-13-2018 09:20 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(06-13-2018 09:13 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  This fear of the nebulous concept of “far-right” is ridiculous.

It's not a nebulous concept though in some areas. Our MSM has made reasonable people concerned with illegal immigration and welfare leaches seem to he far right/Nazis, bit there are true malicious far right/neo Nazis/white supremacists that should be cause for concern. More so abroad where there is a smaller population and obviously less reasonable people to contest them.

In your response you use a slash when pointing out who or what the "far-right" is.

Thats precisely the point. You can't name them other than to use another imprecise label.
06-14-2018 11:11 AM
Advertisement

bobdizole Offline
All American

(06-14-2018 11:11 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  

In your response you use a slash when pointing out who or what the "far-right" is.

Thats precisely the point. You can't name them other than to use another imprecise label.

I could list all of the far right political groups in the United States, but I'll just link this http://bfy.tw/Ibbb

Far Right is no more imprecise then the usage of liberals. There is no one group of liberals that all share the same ideals. But it is an effective and common way of referring to a broader group. You know exactly the kinds of groups people are referring to when they use the phrase far-right.
06-14-2018 11:23 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(06-14-2018 10:16 AM)Huskypride Wrote:  
(06-13-2018 06:33 PM)bullet Wrote:  

ThAt is what librals fear trump is doing by singling out Mexicans and calling them rapists and other things which gets some of his supporters to do or call them horrible things. Blaming the countries issues on them. Even if the a large amount of Mexicans have entered this country legally., pay taxes, etc...

Trump is obviously not hitler... but its still alarming to have him direct to so much hate towards one group of people, just to get votes.

Obviously there is an immigration issue but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

False assumption. Premise rejected.
06-14-2018 11:40 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
One more step back towards the Reich for Germany.
06-14-2018 11:41 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Uhhh, Bob?

do you even know what "NAZI" means? What it is basically an acronym for?

Damn. 07-coffee3
06-14-2018 12:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.