Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stan the man does it again
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
Stan the man does it again
I think this one shows up and stays....http://bleacherreport.com/post/western-kentucky-basketball/24c3d9f2-b2d9-4178-a9e6-0a85deb5c829

I was thinking this was going to be a year building towards 2019 but things are looking up. Still young and inexperience on the inside...but supposedly talented . I'm not big on the star rating system...other than the cream of the crop. But even sometimes the top is a bust but not often.

5-Star & No. 1 Center Picks Western Kentucky
Charles Bassey has committed to Western Kentucky and will reclassify into the 2018 class, per multiple sources. Will begin summer school immediately.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 05:30 PM by WKUYG.)
06-13-2018 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: Stan the man does it again
I would have never asked this before Mitchell Robinson. But now we have to, are there any concerns this 5* never suits up for the Toppers?

Congrats BTW. If he plays for y'all, I feel like it'll be a big shift and win for the entire league. If other high level guys take notice, maybe they'll realize CUSA is a good avenue to the league.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 05:33 PM by Monarchist13.)
06-13-2018 05:31 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I think this is a total different case than MR. But with all recruits, till they check in to a game, you never know.

I'm not big on following high school kids or keeping up on recruiting. Not till they sign with Western...I've watch one 20 second clip on this kid.
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 05:38 PM by WKUYG.)
06-13-2018 05:37 PM
Theflash Offline
1st String

Until he steps on the floor, in a game, you never really know n
06-13-2018 05:47 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

BOUNDLESS BASSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Ranked #3 overall in class of 2019--
06-13-2018 05:49 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

Incredible!
06-13-2018 05:53 PM
Advertisement

Shadow_Son Offline
Special Teams

(06-13-2018 05:37 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  I think this is a total different case than MR. But with all recruits, till they check in to a game, you never know.

I'm not big on following high school kids or keeping up on recruiting. Not till they sign with Western...I've watch one 20 second clip on this kid.

I’ll help. Here’s a couple minutes for you.

https://youtu.be/FUKjG6Ph4Ts
06-13-2018 05:55 PM
Franko Offline
1st String

(06-13-2018 05:31 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  I would have never asked this before Mitchell Robinson. But now we have to, are there any concerns this 5* never suits up for the Toppers?

Congrats BTW. If he plays for y'all, I feel like it'll be a big shift and win for the entire league. If other high level guys take notice, maybe they'll realize CUSA is a good avenue to the league.
Can't imagine getting burned again. Appears that Charles has a lot more maturity than that doofus Mitchell Robinson. Will no doubt improve the league's image for at least those astute enough to know what conference WKU is in.
06-13-2018 07:06 PM
Tigermaniac Offline
BBB Enthusiast

I Root For: Memphis/Army
(06-13-2018 07:06 PM)Franko Wrote:  
(06-13-2018 05:31 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  I would have never asked this before Mitchell Robinson. But now we have to, are there any concerns this 5* never suits up for the Toppers?

Can't imagine getting burned again. Appears that Charles has a lot more maturity than that doofus Mitchell Robinson. Will no doubt improve the league's image for at least those astute enough to know what conference WKU is in.

I think he got all of the issues worked out before he even played HS ball. I believe his guardian is joining Stans staff. Perfectly legal and only butt hurt fans of other schools will complain. He's starting summer school and I have no doubt he will get done what needs to be done. Congrats WKU!
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2018 07:17 PM by Tigermaniac.)
06-13-2018 07:15 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(06-13-2018 07:15 PM)Tigermaniac Wrote:  
(06-13-2018 07:06 PM)Franko Wrote:  

I think he got all of the issues worked out before he even played HS ball. I believe his guardian is joining Stans staff. Perfectly legal and only butt hurt fans of other schools will complain. He's starting summer school and I have no doubt he will get done what needs to be done. Congrats WKU!

Thanks for the kind words, I’m surprised you was aware of Bassey’s situation..... shows your awareness to college basketball
06-13-2018 08:26 PM
XYZ Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Various
(06-13-2018 05:27 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  I think this one shows up and stays....http://bleacherreport.com/post/western-kentucky-basketball/24c3d9f2-b2d9-4178-a9e6-0a85deb5c829

I was thinking this was going to be a year building towards 2019 but things are looking up. Still young and inexperience on the inside...but supposedly talented . I'm not big on the star rating system...other than the cream of the crop. But even sometimes the top is a bust but not often.

5-Star & No. 1 Center Picks Western Kentucky
Charles Bassey has committed to Western Kentucky and will reclassify into the 2018 class, per multiple sources. Will begin summer school immediately.

Congrats. He will obviously be young but very talented. If he can provide a similar impact to what a veteran Coleby did this year WKU should be the favorite to win the league. Will be interesting to see how he does.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018 01:16 AM by XYZ.)
06-14-2018 01:15 AM
Advertisement

ghostofclt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says this is good.
06-14-2018 05:48 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
How many “Guardians” can you have on staff? Lol! Good pick up. Good for the league. With that Western moves to front runner for the league title.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2018 07:25 AM by SVHerd.)
06-14-2018 07:24 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(06-14-2018 07:24 AM)SVHerd Wrote:  How many “Guardians” can you have on staff? Lol! Good pick up. Good for the league. With that Western moves to front runner for the league title.

Who would win, a 5 star boy from kentucky, or a four year man gaining NBA attention at Marshall?

I think I still have Marshall as the favorite on my list, but WKU would be a very close #2. Steeper drop to #3 as is.
06-14-2018 08:06 AM
bit_9 Online

I Root For: ODU
Everyone likes to assume nefarious activities but I'm stoked for you and it only helps the conference as a recruiting advantage. I hope he sticks and we can be the 2nd team to land a big fish.

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.
06-14-2018 08:11 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

Bassey is a key pickup for Western but we will be very young and inexperience inside. But just as big of a pickup was DeSean Murray the GT from Auburn. The kid avg 10.1 ppg and 6.7 rebounds. He was playing 25-30 minutes a game for a top 15-20 team in the last 10 games. With Lamonte Bearden deciding to return for his Sr season this team is starting to look like a team that will be pushing for a CUSA championship.

I honestly was expecting this season to be a team building for next year but now believe that could happen this season

DeSean Murray and Lamonte Bearden are huge pickups and probably a bigger impact than Bassey. Lamonte Bearden avg 14ppg over the last 10 games against some really good teams

ODU
Middle
UAB
UAB
ODU
Marshall
Boston College
USC
OLK ST
UTAH

So if the inside game develops quick...this is going to be a hard team to beat
06-14-2018 08:30 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

This kid has a 3.9 GPA, like others I am trying to hold back the excitement which is hard to do...Fingers crossed we see him in Diddle playing come Nov, I am feeling this kid gets it....He has a demeanor of working hard, not backing down from anyone and very smart....I am not sure some of those characteristics exist in other guy.....He also appears to be a man in stature, looks to be built....

You guys are not even mentioning we have a transfer Savage coming in who is a knock down shooter something we have not had in a long time....This team may take time to come together at first but could legit be a top 25 team before season is over.....Only helps raise CUSA profile in the end...I think for sure now we become the team to beat, I am also hearing we are not done adding pieces to this seasons team which seems impossible to me, but its Stansbury....
06-14-2018 08:48 AM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

Who leaves?
06-14-2018 08:50 AM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

What most people aren’t talking about is in stans first season everyone was complaining how freshman demari paris was better the GT lomamba (whatever his name was). This was a long parlay bet by stansbury to get this kid. By letting him play in a year we really
Didn’t have a chance to do anything he got us this lottery pick player. I’ll say he won that bet haha.
06-14-2018 08:57 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I hope Coach can keep finding 3rd asst coaches that guardian or father to very talented players. Well other than with the last name Ball.

I know fans of opposing schools sometimes throw jabs at doing this but I have no problem with it. Never have, not even when Memphis St did it many many many years ago. With recruiting you take any advantage you get and if that means you give up the 3rd asst chair to a less qualified coach. Good trade off
06-14-2018 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.