Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TV contract
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
TV contract
Since SEC won't play anybody, ESPN arranges neutral site games for 9/I
I believe they are seperate from thier TV contract.

Why can't AAC try this appoarch & sell games seperately from TV contract
1st wkend is 5 days long & short on marque games

UCF-Nebraska in citrus bowl
Conn-BC in fenway park
Cin-Kentucky in Paul Brown stadium
Navy-Vandy in Jackinville
Hous-OleMiss in NO
Memphis-VT in Nashville
06-22-2018 09:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: TV contract
you make WAY more money collective bargaining than you will ever selling individual games

if we could somehow set up these nuetrals it would be better to include it in the aac contract...something like what you wrote about would likely devalue the aac

ND is unquestion top 3 most valuable team in all of college football, they make way less money than rutgers from TV...
06-22-2018 11:18 PM
TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(06-22-2018 11:18 PM)pesik Wrote:  you make WAY more money collective bargaining than you will ever selling individual games

if we could somehow set up these nuetrals it would be better to include it in the aac contract...something like what you wrote about would likely devalue the aac

ND is unquestion top 3 most valuable team in all of college football, they make way less money than rutgers from TV...

Try again Pesik.

Notre Dame makes as much from it's media deal with NBC as Rutgers does. 15 million for ND, 14.9 million for Rutgers.

Adding in the 6.2 million from the ACC they make 21 million and expect slightly over 8 million more from the new ACC network launch. That will bring their money in line with the better A5's for total revenue. Rutgers will finally get a "full share" in 2020. Even then it's total revenue is unlikely to reach Notre Dame level.

I do agree we shouldn't sell off individual games. Notre Dame isn't independent because it is losing money though.

The ACC also has gor until 2036.

Rutgers source:
https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index...e_big.html

Notre Dame source:
https://www.foxsports.com/college-footba...ord-072516
06-23-2018 09:44 AM
pesik Offline
Legend

(06-23-2018 09:44 AM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(06-22-2018 11:18 PM)pesik Wrote:  you make WAY more money collective bargaining than you will ever selling individual games

Try again Pesik.

Notre Dame makes as much from it's media deal with NBC as Rutgers does. 15 million for ND, 14.9 million for Rutgers.

Adding in the 6.2 million from the ACC they make 21 million and expect slightly over 8 million more from the new ACC network launch. That will bring their money in line with the better A5's for total revenue. Rutgers will finally get a "full share" in 2020. Even then it's total revenue is unlikely to reach Notre Dame level.

I do agree we shouldn't sell off individual games. Notre Dame isn't independent because it is losing money though.

The ACC also has gor until 2036.

Rutgers source:
https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index...e_big.html

Notre Dame source:
https://www.foxsports.com/college-footba...ord-072516

you missed my entire point...
my point was low level p5 are making more than ND.....i just picked a random 1

that you make more money collective bargaining

but you went on a tangent that Rutgers technically isnt getting full shares yet for 2 years
06-23-2018 10:23 AM
Advertisement

TU4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
No you picked a bad example in Notre Dame.

Their combined media deal will be pushing 30 million. More than the big xii, the PAC etc and in line with the big 1G and SEC.
06-23-2018 12:30 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(06-23-2018 12:30 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  No you picked a bad example in Notre Dame.

Their combined media deal will be pushing 30 million. More than the big xii, the PAC etc and in line with the big 1G and SEC.

I dont know. Every single Big10 also ran (take your pick---Indiana? Minnesota?) just made 52 million in media earnings this year. Thats pretty much kicking Notre Dames azz from what I can tell---(and doing it without anywhere near the marquis brand of ND).

With respect to the OP---I suspect if we could round up a neutral site game worth buckets of money---we'd do it. If we arent--its likely an indicator that we havent been able to pull it off....yet (outside of the existing Army-Navy game---which the conference has no control over).
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2018 12:55 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-23-2018 12:51 PM
Square Knight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(06-23-2018 12:51 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

I dont know. Every single Big10 also ran (take your pick---Indiana? Minnesota?) just made 52 million in media earnings this year. Thats pretty much kicking Notre Dames azz from what I can tell---(and doing it without anywhere near the marquis brand of ND).

Actually...no. The TOTAL conference distribution to B10 teams was almost $52 million. TV is only a portion of that...approximately $31.5 million per team each year. The rest comes from other sources, mostly College Football Playoff money, bowl game distributions, NCAA basketball tournament credits.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2018 01:31 PM by Square Knight.)
06-23-2018 01:26 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN

With respect to the OP---I suspect if we could round up a neutral site game worth buckets of money---we'd do it. If we arent--its likely an indicator that we havent been able to pull it off....yet (outside of the existing Army-Navy game---which the conference has no control over).

The fact that Rutgers is making $52 Mil per year is disturbing. The current system is seriously broken.
06-23-2018 07:26 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(06-23-2018 01:26 PM)Square Knight Wrote:  

Actually...no. The TOTAL conference distribution to B10 teams was almost $52 million. TV is only a portion of that...approximately $31.5 million per team each year. The rest comes from other sources, mostly College Football Playoff money, bowl game distributions, NCAA basketball tournament credits.

You are correct sir. I was reacting to a tweet and the linked article headline---both of which are extremely misleading. I wasnt able to read the entire article until later. They really need to correct the the tweet and edit the headline. As you correctely note---the 50+ million is total conference distribution---not just tv. That said, those Big10 also rans are right there with---if not slightly ahead of Notre Dame at this point. That's just insane.

Awful Announcing

@awfulannouncing
Follow Follow @awfulannouncing
More
The Big Ten's TV revenue is growing even faster than the schools expected, and has already crossed $50 million for the non-Rutgers/Maryland schools

Article Headline--

Big Ten TV revenue distribution reaches an insane $51 million per school
The crazy, crazy money in college athletics keeps getting crazier.

http://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/big-ten-...chool.html
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2018 08:55 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-23-2018 08:50 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
(06-23-2018 07:26 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

The fact that Rutgers is making $52 Mil per year is disturbing. The current system is seriously broken.

This. Talk about Welfare Queens. 07-coffee3
06-24-2018 06:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
How is AAC gonna entice thier FB package, 9 conf games or expansion
06-24-2018 07:00 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(06-22-2018 09:46 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  Since SEC won't play anybody, ESPN arranges neutral site games for 9/I

Conn-BC in fenway park
Hous-OleMiss in NO
Memphis-VT in Nashville

Kentucky won't play Cincinnati for a variety of reasons. I am not saying they are scared of the Bearcats, but they already play Louisville OOC every year and aren't looking for another "emotion fueled" OOC game. Since they struggle to win 3-4 games in conference, they need as many sure-thing wins OOC as possible. As a result in addition to Louisville they'll schedule teams like Eastern Michigan, Akron, Louisiana-Monroe, etc.
06-25-2018 09:15 AM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
(06-22-2018 09:46 PM)templefootballfan Wrote:  Since SEC won't play anybody, ESPN arranges neutral site games for 9/I

Conn-BC in fenway park
Hous-OleMiss in NO
Memphis-VT in Nashville

that game already happened the next ones are just going to be regular h&h if i am not mistaken.
06-25-2018 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.