Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GOP Volunteers Kicked Out Of Uber After Driver Says ‘Welcome To Resistance’
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
[Image: 2yngwtj.jpg]

Well, I use uber often when I travel. I will be using Lfyt in the future unless they denounce this and make it right.

Quote:Six Republican campaign volunteers say they were kicked out of an Uber on Saturday as their driver told them “welcome to the resistance.”

The six volunteers were told halfway to their destination in Raleigh, North Carolina, to exit the vehicle at a gas station because the driver “had the right to deny us service,” Mary Russell, one of the riders in the Uber told The Daily Caller News Foundation. The six riders exited the car and were told “welcome to the resistance” as the driver drove away.

“It was clear based on our mild conservative political talk that the driver realized we were Republicans,” Russell, who was the rider who ordered the Uber, told The DCNF. After the incident, she received a message from Uber saying that she was inappropriate towards her driver.

“I reviewed the relevant policy of Uber and we did not use ‘inappropriate and abusive language or gestures’ that would result in the early termination of a ride,” Russell said. “This type of discrimination against politically oriented conservatives should be against the policy of Uber.” Russell said the group then requested another ride, and experienced no problems with that driver.

Keep reading here.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 09:26 AM by usmbacker.)
07-16-2018 09:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
RE: GOP Volunteers Kicked Out Of Uber After Driver Says ‘Welcome To Resistance’
(07-16-2018 09:22 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 2yngwtj.jpg]

Well, I use uber often when I travel. I will be using Lfyt in the future unless they denounce this and make it right.

Quote:Six Republican campaign volunteers say they were kicked out of an Uber on Saturday as their driver told them “welcome to the resistance.”

The six volunteers were told halfway to their destination in Raleigh, North Carolina, to exit the vehicle at a gas station because the driver “had the right to deny us service,” Mary Russell, one of the riders in the Uber told The Daily Caller News Foundation. The six riders exited the car and were told “welcome to the resistance” as the driver drove away.

“It was clear based on our mild conservative political talk that the driver realized we were Republicans,” Russell, who was the rider who ordered the Uber, told The DCNF. After the incident, she received a message from Uber saying that she was inappropriate towards her driver.

“I reviewed the relevant policy of Uber and we did not use ‘inappropriate and abusive language or gestures’ that would result in the early termination of a ride,” Russell said. “This type of discrimination against politically oriented conservatives should be against the policy of Uber.” Russell said the group then requested another ride, and experienced no problems with that driver.

Keep reading here.

I'd drop a lawsuit against Uber and the driver.

I'd then take the $$ from the decision or the settlement and donate it to the Republican National Committee or the Trump campaign in the name of Uber and the driver.

A double FU.
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 09:37 AM by BadgerMJ.)
07-16-2018 09:36 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
Lawyer to Uber loser: Resistance is futile.
07-16-2018 09:45 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
He said / she said. It won't go past this.
07-16-2018 09:50 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(07-16-2018 09:50 AM)fsquid Wrote:  He said / she said. It won't go past this.

Perhaps, but the driver has some "splain-ing" to do as to why he/she decided to kick them out halfway to their destination.

I'm guessing the "they like Trump" isn't going to cut it for the threshold of "inappropriate"....
07-16-2018 10:02 AM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion

You may be right, at least from a courtroom standpoint. The disrespected GOP Congressional interns do not appear to be anything like the litigious, victim-merchant types that define the left.

But this incident, as small as it is, is yet another straw in the expanding haystack of #walkaway fodder. It incrementally adds to the accumulating justifications for left-leaning and centrist Americans to ultimately reject the progressive message.

Speaking just for myself, I used to preface all of my Trump-related comments with the obligatory disclaimer "I didn't vote for him, but ..." I no longer automatically do that. I have reached the point where I am less embarrassed to be mistaken for a Trump supporter that I would to be mistaken for a progressive.

Small potatoes, I know. But your (former?) Uber driver compatriot almost certainly did far more p.r. damage to the resistance than it was worth for him to get to boast about his progressive credentials on Facebook (or instagram or whatever).
07-16-2018 10:11 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
My brother drives for Uber a few hours a week for bar tab money and he says it’s pretty fun, actually.

Ima tell him to start kicking dirty hippies out of the car from here on out.

Course if he did that he’d probably be largely out of business...
07-16-2018 10:27 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Zero stars to this Uber driver. Just a few of those and he's out of a job.
07-16-2018 10:48 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(07-16-2018 09:22 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 2yngwtj.jpg]

Keep reading here.

I see an Uber driver being deactivated from the platform soon.
07-16-2018 11:08 AM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ

What? Didn't you read the post? They were kicked out of the car and told welcome to the resistance. How much clearer do you want it? Cheesers, you're a Dim that's for sure. Uber will suffer, you watch. People will use other types of public transportation now, you see. And Uber protecting this driver only intensifies the narrative of boycott.
07-16-2018 11:35 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
FWIW and the difference and quality is negligible, I only use Lyft.

(But let's not mistake that this driver could be a Lyft driver as well.)
07-16-2018 11:47 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Yep. And the Uber driver would just lie and say he didn't say they did something else......
07-16-2018 12:47 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

(07-16-2018 11:35 AM)olliebaba Wrote:  

What? Didn't you read the post? They were kicked out of the car and told welcome to the resistance. How much clearer do you want it? Cheesers, you're a Dim that's for sure. Uber will suffer, you watch. People will use other types of public transportation now, you see. And Uber protecting this driver only intensifies the narrative of boycott.

It's very easy to confirm or deny.

The passenger making the claim has an Uber account.
  • For this to be confirmed, the passenger's account would have requested a ride.
  • Uber would have dispatched the ride request to a drive who has an account.
  • The ride has a specific destination.
  • All rides are tracked by GPS.
  • The end of a ride request has a GPS ending point.

Either the actual GPS end point agrees with the requested end point or it doesn't.

If the ride ended considerably short of the planned destination, Uber will know. The reason as to why the ride ended at a different location will be the issue under review.
07-16-2018 01:46 PM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
lol, last thing I'd get upset about is what some random UBER driver said.
07-16-2018 01:56 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

(07-16-2018 01:56 PM)VA49er Wrote:  lol, last thing I'd get upset about is what some random UBER driver said.

Maybe, but if he's your Uber drive and pulls over in the middle of nowhere and tells you to get out at 2:30 in the morning, you might care a bit more than usual.

03-wink
07-16-2018 02:14 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(07-16-2018 02:14 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(07-16-2018 01:56 PM)VA49er Wrote:  lol, last thing I'd get upset about is what some random UBER driver said.

Maybe, but if he's your Uber drive and pulls over in the middle of nowhere and tells you to get out at 2:30 in the morning, you might care a bit more than usual.

03-wink

I wouldn't get out under those circumstances. I'm sure the driver has a number he can call at corporate and I would have him explain to them why he was ending the service. Or he can call the cops and explain to them why he is voiding the contractual agreement that exists and placing me in danger by forcing me out of the car.
07-16-2018 08:54 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(07-16-2018 12:47 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

Yep. And the Uber driver would just lie and say he didn't say they did something else......

my point
07-16-2018 10:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.