Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

9th Circut upholds suspension of California's magazine size ban
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
9th Circut upholds suspension of California's magazine size ban
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180717...gazine-ban

Quote:A three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit issued a ruling in the case of Duncan v. Becerra on Tuesday upholding a lower court’s decision to suspend enforcement of California’s restriction on the possession of magazines that hold 10 rounds or more.

“This is a significant win for law-abiding gun owners in California,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director, National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action. “This unconstitutional law criminalizes mere possession of many standard capacity magazines and would instantly turn many law-abiding gun owners into criminals.”

California Rifle and Pistol Association lawyers, with the support of the NRA, sought an injunction against the magazine possession ban, arguing the law violated the Second Amendment as well as Americans’ due process rights. A federal district court judge agreed and issued a preliminary injunction before the law was set to go into effect. California appealed the decision.

On Tuesday, the 9th Circuit upheld the injunction.

Meanwhile, in the trial court, a motion for summary judgment is pending and a ruling on the merits of the case is expected soon. Regardless of the outcome, the case will most certainly be appealed again to the 9th Circuit. By that time, the Supreme Court will likely have a new justice who respects the right to keep and bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment.
07-18-2018 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
RE: 9th Circut upholds suspension of California's magazine size ban
As I said earlier, Wednesday needs to be renamed Winningsday...
07-18-2018 03:30 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
For some reason, when I read the title, this came to mind.

[Image: 1520146985721.jpg]
07-18-2018 04:45 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
California's rationale was simply idiotic and that's coming from somebody that thinks this is something very close to falling under the state's authority.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2018 04:52 PM by HeartOfDixie.)
07-18-2018 04:52 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-18-2018 04:45 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  For some reason, when I read the title, this came to mind.

[Image: 1520146985721.jpg]

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

it's scary how I remember that episode and the "nudie bar".....

to the OP......how they got one 'right' is amazing.........hmmmmmmmmmmm........funny how politics works, eh?
07-18-2018 05:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.