Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chinese students sent to steal intellectual property?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Chinese students sent to steal intellectual property?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/educa...na-n893881

No doubt in my mind some are. But, of course, most are just coming to the world's greatest universities.
07-25-2018 07:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Chinese students sent to steal intellectual property?
Big big deal. No further comment.

Sent from my LG-V496 using CSNbbs mobile app
07-25-2018 07:27 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
It’s weird that NBC News is framing this issue as a question. I mean, *Of* *Course* some of these “students” are spies.

Blaming China for this is like blaming a bear for sh*tting in the woods. They know that we (Americans) aren’t going to do anything about it. We should be looking at ourselves, and asking why we have made it so easy for them to take advantage of us year after year, decade after decade, etc.
07-25-2018 07:56 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-25-2018 07:56 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  It’s weird that NBC News is framing this issue as a question. I mean, *Of* *Course* some of these “students” are spies.

Blaming China for this is like blaming a bear for sh*tting in the woods. They know that we (Americans) aren’t going to do anything about it. We should be looking at ourselves, and asking why we have made it so easy for them to take advantage of us year after year, decade after decade, etc.

XACLY!

other than assassination, what is the other option within our current system.....how in the heyall do you vet that.....

what too many forget is China's best interest is the USD......

today's version of WAR is COMMERCE......people need to wake the fk up and quit biatching about nonsense.......

it's staring everyone in the fk'n feces......too many sheeples.....and they love the bahhhhhhhhhhhh
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018 08:11 PM by stinkfist.)
07-25-2018 08:10 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-25-2018 07:08 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/educa...na-n893881

No doubt in my mind some are. But, of course, most are just coming to the world's greatest universities.

This is why the brightest minds working on research with defense applications need to leave the classroom and work in a sequestered area where security clearance is required until they patent their research.

I just blame us for being more than complicitous in this theft. If that country ever passes us in weapons development it's all over. How can we continue to be so stupid! It's been going on for decades! And trusting corporations to safeguard their research on behalf of defense just isn't going to work either. They too need to work on those projects in sequestered settings until their work is completed.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018 08:18 PM by JRsec.)
07-25-2018 08:16 PM
stinkfist Offline

(07-25-2018 08:16 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-25-2018 07:08 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/educa...na-n893881

This is why the brightest minds working on research with defense applications need to leave the classroom and work in a sequestered area where security clearance is required until they patent their research.

I just blame us for being more than complicitous in this theft. If that country ever passes us in weapons development it's all over. How can we continue to be so stupid! It's been going on for decades!

you're not wrong.....if the USD becomes something else (e.g. bitcoin), it's trub trubbs where the weeble wobbles and finally falls down....

this is why #henceDJT had to happen in our current construct to stay ahead of the curve.....

it's scary how many whiffed that in concept.....
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018 08:27 PM by stinkfist.)
07-25-2018 08:21 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
On a different but related point:

In 1971, a then-obscure ex-FBI man working in the Nixon White House wrote a memo analyzing conditions at the FBI. The memo touched on several tangents, including:

G. Gordon Liddy Wrote:Should the People’s Republic of China be admitted to the United Nations, the establishment of its delegation will bring a quantum increase in the presence on U.S. soil of some of the finest espionage agents in the world. Thus, the Domestic Intelligence Division, the one most badly deteriorated, will be presented with a heavy increase in its task at a time when it cannot perform competently the task at hand.

So that was 47 years ago. Let’s all take a wild guess how that one turned out.

Anyone here know how to say “Mission: Accomplished!” in Mandarin?

We might as well laugh about it. God knows they’ve been laughing at us in Beijing for a long time.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2018 08:50 PM by Native Georgian.)
07-25-2018 08:46 PM
stinkfist Offline

(07-25-2018 08:46 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  On a different but related point:

In 1971, a then-obscure ex-FBI man working in the Nixon White House wrote a memo analyzing conditions at the FBI. The memo touched on several tangents, including:

G. Gordon Liddy Wrote:Should the People’s Republic of China be admitted to the United Nations, the establishment of its delegation will bring a quantum increase in the presence on U.S. soil of some of the finest espionage agents in the world. Thus, the Domestic Intelligence Division, the one most badly deteriorated, will be presented with a heavy increase in its task at a time when it cannot perform competently the task at hand.

So that was 47 years ago. Let’s all take a wild guess how that one turned out.

Anyone here know how to say “Mission: Accomplished!” in Mandarin?

We might as well laugh about it. God knows they’ve been laughing at us in Beijing for a long time.

their transition from full blown communism to it's current state of control has been masterful on many levels.......and we kowtowed to those biarches like the brits did as their empire collapsed....

China is the one people should be paying att'n to......

and people wonder why DJT is talking to Putin.....
07-25-2018 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.