Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

More eating your own from the left, this time in Chicago
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
More eating your own from the left, this time in Chicago
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/...rally.html

Quote:Chicago activists are demanding that Mayor Rahm Emanuel resign as they prepare for a major anti-violence protest against the city's spiraling crime crisis.

Organizers of the march reportedly are gearing up for a potentially chaotic demonstration on Thursday, timed with the start of Lollapalooza and before a Cubs game. Organizers did not rule out trying to enter Wrigley Field and predicted at least some protesters would be arrested.

Meanwhile, they are making clear they don't want the Democratic mayor's support or blessing -- as they are calling on him to resign over of his inability to get the city’s gun crime under control.

“The call of the people is ‘Resign Rahm,’” Dr. Gregory Livingston said, according to The Chicago Tribune. “So how, then, can you back your own regime change? How do you sanction your own termination? How dumb, naive and self-hating do you think we are?”

“Honestly, when the mayor endorses a protest, it’s no longer a protest,” Rev. Ira Acree said. “It becomes a parade, and we’re on serious business.”

NBC Chicago reported that the protesters said they are looking to “redistribute the pain and agony of no economic development on the South and West Sides to the North side.”

The protest will head from Lake Shore Drive toward Wrigley Field.

“We have people who are committed, who are ready to get arrested,” Acree said, according to the Tribune. “And those who don’t, they’ll stay back. But certainly, people are going to get arrested.”
07-31-2018 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
RE: More eating your own from the left, this time in Chicago
(07-31-2018 01:08 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/...rally.html

Quote:Chicago activists are demanding that Mayor Rahm Emanuel resign as they prepare for a major anti-violence protest against the city's spiraling crime crisis.

Organizers of the march reportedly are gearing up for a potentially chaotic demonstration on Thursday, timed with the start of Lollapalooza and before a Cubs game. Organizers did not rule out trying to enter Wrigley Field and predicted at least some protesters would be arrested.

Meanwhile, they are making clear they don't want the Democratic mayor's support or blessing -- as they are calling on him to resign over of his inability to get the city’s gun crime under control.

“The call of the people is ‘Resign Rahm,’” Dr. Gregory Livingston said, according to The Chicago Tribune. “So how, then, can you back your own regime change? How do you sanction your own termination? How dumb, naive and self-hating do you think we are?”

“Honestly, when the mayor endorses a protest, it’s no longer a protest,” Rev. Ira Acree said. “It becomes a parade, and we’re on serious business.”

NBC Chicago reported that the protesters said they are looking to “redistribute the pain and agony of no economic development on the South and West Sides to the North side.”

“We have people who are committed, who are ready to get arrested,” Acree said, according to the Tribune. “And those who don’t, they’ll stay back. But certainly, people are going to get arrested.”

As much as it PAINS me to defend Rahm, what do these people expect him to do when "the community" refuses to turn in the people doing the shooting and refuses to help/speak to the police? Not enough police, people b!tch. Too many police, people b!tch. Not enough "policing", people b!tch. Too much "policing", people b!tch. Note to those people, if you want CHANGE, it starts at home in YOUR communities.

Something else those folks don't realize is that no one in their right mind is going to open a business or build in a WAR ZONE. Once again, it starts at home. If you stop the violence and killing, business will come. A business isn't going to open where there's a good chance employees and customers will get robbed, shot, or worse.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018 01:19 PM by BadgerMJ.)
07-31-2018 01:17 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Quote:Organizers did not rule out trying to enter Wrigley Field

do it!

Do It!

DO IT!
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018 02:43 PM by Lord Stanley.)
07-31-2018 02:42 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
(07-31-2018 02:42 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
Quote:Organizers did not rule out trying to enter Wrigley Field

do it!

Do It!

DO IT!

They'll take the gloves off then....
07-31-2018 03:28 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

And yet a rabble rouser from this same town got elected twice. That is a damning indictment on a lot of things.
07-31-2018 03:29 PM
Advertisement

thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

Quote:Meanwhile, they are making clear they don't want the Democratic mayor's support or blessing -- as they are calling on him to resign over of his inability to get the city’s gun crime under control.

Want to decrease gun crime ?

Allow law abiding citizens to defend themselves. With guns.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018 03:31 PM by thespiritof1976.)
07-31-2018 03:30 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(07-31-2018 03:30 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  
Quote:Meanwhile, they are making clear they don't want the Democratic mayor's support or blessing -- as they are calling on him to resign over of his inability to get the city’s gun crime under control.

STOP AND FRISK. Afterall, guns are illegal there, right? You have a gun, arrest the perp.

But, isn't Badger a Liberal? Has he become a conservative all of a sudden. Hey Bad, welcome to #Walkaway.
07-31-2018 07:56 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-31-2018 07:56 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

STOP AND FRISK. Afterall, guns are illegal there, right? You have a gun, arrest the perp.

But, isn't Badger a Liberal? Has he become a conservative all of a sudden. Hey Bad, welcome to #Walkaway.

Don't know about earlier, but every post I've seen from Badger has been of a conservative bent.
07-31-2018 08:13 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(07-31-2018 08:13 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

Don't know about earlier, but every post I've seen from Badger has been of a conservative bent.

My mistake. I wouldn't want to offend one of our own. 03-wink
07-31-2018 08:41 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I thought they shoot their own there?
07-31-2018 08:57 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

(07-31-2018 08:41 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(07-31-2018 08:13 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

My mistake. I wouldn't want to offend one of our own. 03-wink

Feel free to offend me anytime. After the entire UCF National Title claim, there isn't one insult I haven't heard on a few of the other boards. I learned lots of new and interesting combinations of swear words too.
07-31-2018 09:01 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-31-2018 01:17 PM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  
(07-31-2018 01:08 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/...rally.html

As much as it PAINS me to defend Rahm, what do these people expect him to do when "the community" refuses to turn in the people doing the shooting and refuses to help/speak to the police? Not enough police, people b!tch. Too many police, people b!tch. Not enough "policing", people b!tch. Too much "policing", people b!tch. Note to those people, if you want CHANGE, it starts at home in YOUR communities.

Something else those folks don't realize is that no one in their right mind is going to open a business or build in a WAR ZONE. Once again, it starts at home. If you stop the violence and killing, business will come. A business isn't going to open where there's a good chance employees and customers will get robbed, shot, or worse.

there are certain urban centers that are completely fuxxored.....

not so shockingly, they're all blue.....

once again, you can thank LBJ for kick swatting that heart into the land of 'no hope'.....

it was all by design....
07-31-2018 09:02 PM
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Honestly, if Rahm sent the police to these ghetto warzones he’d be accused of profiling by these same people.
07-31-2018 09:02 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

Well I guess some of those firearms sold to the Mexican Cartel have come home to roost. How could those Chicago leftists have missed that? You can't control what you promote! And working for the administration that carried out that "sting" that sent the weapons there has to be a big endorsement of pushing the arms into the hands of thugs. How's that different from wanting them out of the hands of thugs in Chicago? What goes around comes around! It is yet another major hypocrisy from the left. Let the weapons be used to kill border patrol people (as they were) and it serves their agenda. Let drug thugs and thugs in general in Chicago terrorize the city and it's a crisis. You either value law and life or you don't. And Rahm has played both sides of the law and life issue. I hope he gets canned.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018 09:27 PM by JRsec.)
07-31-2018 09:05 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
[Image: AP_18045826190925-640x480.jpg]

Rahm Job has been at the helm for 7 years now and it shows. No excuses. When your own wants to eat you that's a good indication you suck eggs.
07-31-2018 09:10 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
A friend of mine used to be on the police force in Chicago. He actually worked the south side. I know the libs on here won't like it but he described many of the people there as "animals who have absolutely no regard for human life." He said it didn't take long before his ONLY concern became getting home to his family alive after each shift. Certain areas of Chicago are a real hell hole.
08-01-2018 07:20 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Another commissar bites the dust, maybe...
08-01-2018 07:29 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND

Haven't been what you'd call a liberal since I graduated from college which was 25 years ago or so. In other words, since I got a real job and saw how much of my paycheck was being stolen.

I will freely admit to having a more libertarian streak than many of my fellow posters, but certainly not liberal.
08-01-2018 08:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.