Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisiana Tech looks hot
Bookmark and Share
Beaux66 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I can now see why conf.USA doesn't want LaTech.They can actually play football.Good luck with UTEP.Dawgs up 21-0 at the half baby.
09-06-2004 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

I Root For: SMU, Alabama

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

They're playing Nevada....And its that #20 doing all the real work
09-06-2004 01:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beaux66 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

yes but the defense looks amazing,even if it is nevada.The problem with Tech is that after the tough nonconf. schedule is done,LaTech will be beat up.If they stay healthy thy can win their conf.I like SMU.How was the atmosphere yesterday?
09-06-2004 01:51 PM
Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

The atmosphere was great.

Loved it and wish it was always like that. We were in the game until the 4th quarter which made it even more special. I mean I was sitting there at half time and still couldnt believe we had a chance to win this game

ACK! Touchdown Nevada

Edit: Nevermind penalty on them
09-06-2004 01:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

I Root For: AAC

C-USA's full at this time--- and if we weren't, La Tech has dropped to around #9 on the list of expansion candidates. Didn't you people get the message in April?

We were so scared of La Tech's football prowess that we took the team that edged them by 40 in Ruston last year.

BTW, yall should have used the tarps.
09-06-2004 01:55 PM
Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

Touchdown Nevada! With 14:11 left in the 3rd quarter. Nevada recovers a fumble and gets it into the endzone fast

21-7 Louisana Tech
09-06-2004 01:58 PM
Advertisement

Beaux66 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

yes because confusa is clearly not about the competition.what was the final score for the Stangs yesterday?Tech 24-7
09-06-2004 02:15 PM
Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

Beaux66 Wrote:what was the final score for the Stangs yesterday?Tech 24-7
27-13
09-06-2004 02:19 PM
Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

TOUCHDOWNNNNNNN LOUISANA TECHHHHH!!!

ITS 31-7 WITH 8:06 LEFT IN THE 3RD

God that #20 can fly
09-06-2004 02:23 PM
Beaux66 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

ryan Moats looks incredible.The game was close until the end wasn't it.LaTech is going to miss ya'll next year.Maybe we will meet again soon.I know we are not number 9 on the list.
09-06-2004 02:24 PM
EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

Of course it is about competition: that's why Marshall was added. La Tech didn't offer post-season quality competition in football or basketball. If you don't do that, you don't bring in any $$$$$ and it really doesn't matter much. So then you look at markets, academics, minor sports (baseball being number 1 in this league) - and attendance---Tech was below the rest. Simple really.

Yall look good today- great RB. Looking at your schedule, after next week, you have 4 killer games; if those don't wear you out, you should have a decent season.
09-06-2004 02:40 PM
Advertisement

Nugget's Ghost Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Louisiana Technical Junior College had its chance to join CUSA. The invite was their's to lose. Well, they lost it. No facilities, no support, no money and I could go on. Go back to the WAC board where maybe someone actually cares what Ruston Technical School is doing these days.
09-06-2004 02:42 PM
Beaux66 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Marshall needs to go to the sunbelch.Oh that's right they can't win there either.See ya soon.Ruston Tech will be next on your conf. sched. soon then whether there is 17k or 27k,at least good competition will exist.
09-06-2004 02:49 PM
EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

Beaux66 Wrote:Marshall needs to go to the sunbelch.Oh that's right they can't win there either.See ya soon.Ruston Tech will be next on your conf. sched. soon then whether there is 17k or 27k,at least good competition will exist.
Tech is a nice school with a good reputation for undergraduate education in Louisiana. They don't have the graduate and research programs that many C-USA schools do, which doesn't help-but that's not their fault.

However, why do so many Tech fans defame the Sun Belt Conference? What's the point?

Looking at things objectively, in 2 years, you will petition the Sun Belt for membership unless something huge happens in that time like: a huge influx of revenue for the WAC or top 20 football program in Ruston. othwerwise, how could you possible afford the WAC? Very few of us could. Indy isn't an option, so unless you want to whither away your scarce resources, the sunbelt it will be with a chance to play in a southern bowl-something that the WAC does not provide.
09-06-2004 02:54 PM
Nugget's Ghost Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Beaux66 Wrote:Marshall needs to go to the sunbelch.Oh that's right they can't win there either.See ya soon.Ruston Tech will be next on your conf. sched. soon then whether there is 17k or 27k,at least good competition will exist.
Ruston Junior College beat Nevada in 2002 and 2003. Now remind me what the record for Lousy Tech was those two years. Beating Nevada doesn't mean squat. Also, please remind us what the score Lousy Tech had against Tulsa and Rice last year. Good competition???? That is too funny.
09-06-2004 02:57 PM
Beaux66 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Nothing against the SunBelt.To be honest the only way LaTech can position itself for confusa,which make no mistake is still the ultimate goal, than it has got to come from the Wac and not the sunbelt . Tech may still have no other option and it really wouldn't be that terrible.I wish they would play more Troy St. and N.tx rather than get beat up by Tenn.
09-06-2004 03:03 PM
Advertisement

Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

Moats runs all the way down to the 20 yard line...I find it funny that hes from Dallas Texas :laugh:
09-06-2004 03:07 PM
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization

EdisonDoyle Wrote:
Tech is a nice school with a good reputation for undergraduate education in Louisiana. They don't have the graduate and research programs that many C-USA schools do, which doesn't help-but that's not their fault.

However, why do so many Tech fans defame the Sun Belt Conference? What's the point?

Looking at things objectively, in 2 years, you will petition the Sun Belt for membership unless something huge happens in that time like: a huge influx of revenue for the WAC or top 20 football program in Ruston. othwerwise, how could you possible afford the WAC? Very few of us could. Indy isn't an option, so unless you want to whither away your scarce resources, the sunbelt it will be with a chance to play in a southern bowl-something that the WAC does not provide.
Do not try to use common sense when arguing with that guy. It confuses him.
09-06-2004 03:18 PM
EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

That's a strange goal, as there are no openings in C-USA and future openings aren't a given ---Banowski won't be so nice next time to Tranghese (and his extreme niceness was in part due to future considerations---like leaving us alone). Further, if they happened, they would come from the east, and at most involve 1 or 2 teams. So not only is tech banking on defections, but that c-usa won't look east to fill what would be eastern defections or that C-USA would want to fill those defections at all.

I think Tech should do what everyone else wants to do: make athletics as strong as possible- on the field, in the stands and financially. I don't see how you do that spending your money to travel to Boise and Hawaii. That probably requires you to play two killer teams on the road to pay the bills--- and when you do that, the chances for on the field success decline, and attendance declines, unless you're deep, which I doubt.
09-06-2004 03:20 PM
Beaux66 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

They seem to be pulling in all the recruits.The openings will be coming soon when the Big East raids the conf.Tech might get in by default but they will get there.And the difference between this years Nev win and last years is a dominant defense.Something Tech did not have against Tulsa and Rice last year.This def. coord. clearly looks like he knows what he is doing.The question is can they stay healthy after the SEC elite beats up on them.
09-06-2004 03:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.