Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Columns from Mike Pence on Bill Clinton
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
It's fascinating how they dig this stuff up but CNN published two columns written by Pence on his unsurprising thought that Bill needed to go after getting caught banging interns and lieing to the American people about it. The interesting part of the columns was beyond the actual acts Bill did, but holding the office of the presidency to a high standard. I don't particularly like Pence based on his stances on LGBT issues, but there is no doubt he is a man of high moral standards and I bet a very good person. It must be difficult swallowing those feeling to get that 2024 nomination.

Two Schools of Thought on Clinton
Quote:On the second count, that the President is 'just like the rest of us', he is the most powerful man in the world. If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous. Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms.

Why Clinton Must Resign or be Impeached
Quote:While the office brings with it the duties that attend the administration of the government, as President Herbert C. Hoover wrote, "The Presidency is more than executive responsibility. It is the inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals." When a president fails to fulfill his oath of office, as is the case where the law is broken in a big way or a small way (another way of saying high crimes or misdemeanors), the Constitution provides for a mechanism whereby the legislative branch might impeach him.

*disclaimer I am in no way saying that DJT has committed any crimes.
08-07-2018 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
RE: Columns from Mike Pence on Bill Clinton
Party over planet it seems.
08-07-2018 11:48 AM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(08-07-2018 10:50 AM)bobdizole Wrote:  It's fascinating how they dig this stuff up but CNN published two columns written by Pence on his unsurprising thought that Bill needed to go after getting caught banging interns and lieing to the American people about it. The interesting part of the columns was beyond the actual acts Bill did, but holding the office of the presidency to a high standard. I don't particularly like Pence based on his stances on LGBT issues, but there is no doubt he is a man of high moral standards and I bet a very good person. It must be difficult swallowing those feeling to get that 2024 nomination.

Quote:On the second count, that the President is 'just like the rest of us', he is the most powerful man in the world. If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous. Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms.

Quote:While the office brings with it the duties that attend the administration of the government, as President Herbert C. Hoover wrote, "The Presidency is more than executive responsibility. It is the inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals." When a president fails to fulfill his oath of office, as is the case where the law is broken in a big way or a small way (another way of saying high crimes or misdemeanors), the Constitution provides for a mechanism whereby the legislative branch might impeach him.

I like Mike Pence. He seems like a good and decent man. but he's a bit off course on this one.

If we as a country are going to expect this level of "morality" (for lack of a better term) from our leader, then we better hope that Christ himself is reborn an American because aside from him, no one can live up to that ideal. Everyone is flawed, some more public than others, but everyone has their proverbial skeletons in the closet.

As far as that argument goes, I'd rather have someone who's lived a colorful life but can get the economy rocketing than a saint who's a complete failure.

This pretty much goes for every walk of life. If I have brain cancer and the best surgeon beats his wife, I'll take him over an adequate surgeon who's "decent'.
08-07-2018 12:38 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(08-07-2018 12:38 PM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  
(08-07-2018 10:50 AM)bobdizole Wrote:  It's fascinating how they dig this stuff up but CNN published two columns written by Pence on his unsurprising thought that Bill needed to go after getting caught banging interns and lieing to the American people about it. The interesting part of the columns was beyond the actual acts Bill did, but holding the office of the presidency to a high standard. I don't particularly like Pence based on his stances on LGBT issues, but there is no doubt he is a man of high moral standards and I bet a very good person. It must be difficult swallowing those feeling to get that 2024 nomination.

I like Mike Pence. He seems like a good and decent man. but he's a bit off course on this one.

If we as a country are going to expect this level of "morality" (for lack of a better term) from our leader, then we better hope that Christ himself is reborn an American because aside from him, no one can live up to that ideal. Everyone is flawed, some more public than others, but everyone has their proverbial skeletons in the closet.

As far as that argument goes, I'd rather have someone who's lived a colorful life but can get the economy rocketing than a saint who's a complete failure.

This pretty much goes for every walk of life. If I have brain cancer and the best surgeon beats his wife, I'll take him over an adequate surgeon who's "decent'.

I agree with you, best man for the job. What he does in his private life as long as it doesn't affect his profession(a surgeon with a drinking problem for example) is his business. I have no doubt that Obama is a great family man, but he wasn't the right man for the job.

The Trump/Pence ticket is just a fascinating dichotomy of personalities though
08-07-2018 12:53 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

With Bill Clinton's re-election, it showed that Pence is in a minority. "Its about the economy stupid."

W. winning despite a strong economy at the time showed that not everyone feels that way, but Pence is in the minority and its a declining minority.
08-07-2018 12:56 PM
BadgerMJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
(08-07-2018 12:56 PM)bullet Wrote:  

With Bill Clinton's re-election, it showed that Pence is in a minority. "Its about the economy stupid."

W. winning despite a strong economy at the time showed that not everyone feels that way, but Pence is in the minority and its a declining minority.

I'd go a step further and argue that a person who's that pure and without fault could NEVER get elected in today's world.

Those of us who are a touch on the cynical side would think this person HAS to be hiding something or at the very least isn't being 100% forthright about their life.

It might be safe to assume that a person who is that pure wouldn't be able to relate to the masses who have many flaws. If someone has never drank or gambled, been promiscuous, etc, they'd have a hard time telling those that have they know about the hardships and tragedies that can accompany them.

I prefer someone who's lived life, had ups & downs, and has some experiences.
08-07-2018 01:06 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Donald Trump exposed many evangelical leaders as complete frauds.
08-07-2018 01:12 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Bubba perjured himself to a grand jury. Not “lying to the American people”.

Big difference.
08-07-2018 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.