Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OS:UCF is most hated team in college football, so Knights must be attacking champions
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Exclamation OS:UCF is most hated team in college football, so Knights must be attacking champions
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/op...y,amp.html

05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain of college football.

Don’t call it a Cinderella story anymore.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018 08:28 AM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
08-12-2018 08:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Meatwad Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF & The Arsenal
RE: OS:UCF is most hated team in college football, so Knights must be attacking champions
there is no where to hide from bianchi's garbage.
08-12-2018 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
RE: OS:UCF is most hated team in college football, so Knights must be attacking champions
The premise that UCF is the most hated team in college football is deeply flawed. If UCF were to play Bama or ND in a NY6, most of the country would support the Knights. The story is a made up summation based on some loud internet and Twitter posts, which unfortunately the media in this country use as “sources”. As for this Temple fan, yeah I want to beat the Knights not because I hate them (I don’t) but because they are the best.
08-12-2018 09:36 AM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
I agree the knights are not the most hated, not sure who is but if UCF played bama , yes I think most would want to see bama get their butts whipped, because they win too much and people don’t like snippy saben
08-12-2018 10:38 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Most hated by the CFP elites and salty G4 fans.
08-12-2018 11:06 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
OS:UCF is most hated team in college football, so Knights must be attacking champions
(08-12-2018 09:36 AM)vick mike Wrote:  The premise that UCF is the most hated team in college football is deeply flawed. If UCF were to play Bama or ND in a NY6, most of the country would support the Knights. The story is a made up summation based on some loud internet and Twitter posts, which unfortunately the media in this country use as “sources”. As for this Temple fan, yeah I want to beat the Knights not because I hate them (I don’t) but because they are the best.

In the South there would be a large contingent pulling against UCF. WalMart fans do not like their narrative disturbed. These schools are division II in their minds. I know a disturbing amount of people who attended GSU and root for an SEC or ACC school instead. You can replicate that all across the South by replacing GSU with UAB, Memphis, FIU or yes UCF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-12-2018 11:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(08-12-2018 11:06 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Most hated by the CFP elites and salty G4 fans.

Half right although I would not call SEC fans elite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-12-2018 12:00 PM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
I'm looking at the the championship game right now and i'm hating me some Ucf right now!! Lolololol, I kid. Man what a great game. I think that the Knights are hated as well as the AAC itself in an overall general sense, because we're overachieving and bucking the whole bogus system in some uncomfortable ways. GO KNIGHTS, GO TIGERS, GO COOGS, GO BULLS, AND GO NAVY.
08-12-2018 12:15 PM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
I don't think anyone hates UCF outside of perhaps a few SEC'ers. I think most people thought UCF beating Auburn was rather humorous, actually.

Now if the reasoning for the hate was UCF fans going on their message boards and posting multiple "UCF National Champions" threads... then maybe.
08-12-2018 02:18 PM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

(08-12-2018 02:18 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  I don't think anyone hates UCF outside of perhaps a few SEC'ers. I think most people thought UCF beating Auburn was rather humorous, actually.

Now if the reasoning for the hate was UCF fans going on their message boards and posting multiple "UCF National Champions" threads... then maybe.

Well by the way they're being underrated in the preseason polls, I'd think that some pollsters and media types are at the least showing that some of them have taken at least some type of offence towards the "upstarts " that think they can hang with the big boys. However I also think on a subconscious level they're also afraid to give them or any other AAC teams a decent preseason ranking out of fear that they could legitimately slide into the top four. I think that Along with UCF, Memphis and or USF should have been ranked with Houston and or Navy also in the top 30-35, but that could create to many quality wins for our eventual champion and they can't allow that type of legitimacy for a "g5" conference. 07-coffee307-coffee3
08-12-2018 02:35 PM
FormerShasta Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Coogs
Um, that was a complimentary article. What are you guys reading?
08-12-2018 04:42 PM
Advertisement

Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

(08-12-2018 04:42 PM)FormerShasta Wrote:  Um, that was a complimentary article. What are you guys reading?

I thought the same thing. I took it like he wanted Ucf to use those pockets of haterade as motivation, like any coach worth his salary would do. I do feel like the disrespect in the preseason polls is a symptom of a bigger problem overall though. 04-cheers
08-12-2018 04:50 PM
glay83 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF
RE: OS:UCF is most hated team in college football, so Knights must be attacking
I think Bianchi's obnoxiousness is what people hate....cause he's a kind of a punk. Most national media are too lazy to even follow the American Conference and have no idea how good the teams are. They just dismiss us, hate would take too much of an effort.
08-12-2018 05:20 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(08-12-2018 09:36 AM)vick mike Wrote:  The premise that UCF is the most hated team in college football is deeply flawed. If UCF were to play Bama or ND in a NY6, most of the country would support the Knights. The story is a made up summation based on some loud internet and Twitter posts, which unfortunately the media in this country use as “sources”. As for this Temple fan, yeah I want to beat the Knights not because I hate them (I don’t) but because they are the best.

Bianchi is yellow journalism for the sports world.
08-12-2018 06:12 PM
I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

RE:UCF most hated team in college football, so Knights must be attacking champions
"Attacking Champions."

“As a program or an individual, it’s always easier getting to the top than staying there,” Heupel explains. “Once you’re up there, everybody is talking about how you’re going to have a big target on your back or your chest. I don’t like that mentality."

I always appreciated Arnold Schwarzenegger's "Attacking Champion" perspective in the pinnacle of his bodybuilding prime, response to the wolf on the hill not being as hungry as the Lou Ferrigno wolf climbing the hill: "That's true, he's not as hungry, but when he wants the food, it's there." LOL 04-cheers

The obvious 12-year olds we've identified here can't appreciate this from our 70s, 80s, nor 90s

What was your favorite minute with your school?
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 03:23 AM by I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS.)
08-12-2018 06:47 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
Yhe average college fan doesn't hate you guys. They might find your title claim funny..but its espn that hates you not the teams or fans. The p5 may find you annoying but i doubt they hate you
08-12-2018 10:04 PM
Advertisement

NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Don't know if hate is the right word, but people like to see winning streaks come to an end. We'll see how long we can hold on.
08-12-2018 10:13 PM
I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

As far as I'm concerned you are National Champs and you rub that into Saban's wounds every opportunity you get.

Come get you an Auburn rematch, Mr. Saban. Oh wait, would you prefer UCF instead? We can arrange that embarrassment, if you'd prefer.

#Power6#. Come get you some.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 03:30 AM by I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS.)
08-12-2018 11:07 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU

Beat me to it. Was it the writer of the article or Huepel that made that claim? Even your Temple reasoning is from the standpoint of a fan within this conference. Other than the blip of "UCF is saying they are the national champions" that ran on PTI for about 45 seconds, I'm not sure the general fan was aware enough of that story to have an opinion, much less hate UCF.
08-13-2018 07:09 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(08-12-2018 08:21 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/op...y,amp.html

05-mafia05-mafia05-mafia

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain of college football.

Don’t call it a Cinderella story anymore.

This divorced bald writer just yearns for his UF Alumni and only hangs out with UF/SEC Fans and their media.

Outside the SEC...most P6 fans loved what UCF did...because UCF earned it on the field without ANY of their P5 advantages.

I remember telling some Auburn squeeze at the Peach Bowl with her dude that Miss St gets $40 Million plus each year from their Conf TV deal while UCF gets about $2-$3 Million (and was busy winning their 2nd BCS/NYD6 Bowl game in 5 years)...and after 10 years...thats a difference of $340-$360 Million.

I told her...which school do you think will have the biggest impact between Miss St and UCF if each school received $400 Million per decade?

She obviously said UCF....and I said...that's the problem...its all about born-on date of schools and conferences can't let them go.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 11:02 AM by KnightLight.)
08-13-2018 07:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.