Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who stood out for you week 1
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
For USF:

--QB Blake Barnett 24/34, 305 yards, 3 TD's, also 31 yards rushing, 1 TD.

Notes: Barnett looked like a former 5 star recruit, albeit against an overmatched opponent. He was on point all night dropping deep passes in a bucket. My opinion here, he has the best pure arm talent of anyone in the AAC. Better pure passer than Flowers and frankly much more talented than our backup QB's. Barnett was taken out of the game with over 8 minutes left in 3rd quarter, with USF leading 31-0. The backup QB's did nothing over the last quarter and half, making the final score of 34-14 seem close.

--WR Randall St. Felix. 7 catches for 143 yards, 1 TD.

Notes: Possibly USF's new number one receiver. We have heard raves about him, and now we have seen him in action. With St. Felix, Salomon, and McCants, and Wilcox at TE, USF has an embarrassment of riches at receiver.

--LB Khalid McGee. 11 Tot tackles.

Notes: With Auggie Sanchez graduated, where are the tackles coming from. Most likely McGee, who looks poised to have over 100 tackles this year.

Other notes: USF's running backs looked mediocre to me. I didn't see a Marlon Mack in the group. However, USF's #1 back Cronkrite, was held out and didn't play due to an injury. Is supposed to be back next week.

USF's run defense was porous at times. Will they be able to stop GT next week? Elon only passed for 42 yards all day, but did rush for 192. Not very good vs. an overmatched FCS team. Although a lot of that came in the 4th quarter when Elon scored 2 late TD's.
09-02-2018 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
RE: Who stood out for you week 1
For UCF:

--WR Tre Nixon, 5 Rec, 101 yards, 2 TD

The Wide Receiver Transfer from Ole Miss made his first start for UCF that day, after being granted immediate eligibility. We knew he was good, but he was good enough to overshadow the returning #2 WR from last year, Dredrick Snelson, even with Snelson hauling in a successful night himself. Nixon injecting himself into an already loading WR corp is a testament to this guys talent. He'll be a special one.

--Safety Richie Grant

Made his presence known, starting opposite Antwan Collier (who was filling in for 1st team AAC Kyle Gibson, sitting out the second half of a suspension for targeting in the Peach Bowl), by forcing a fumble and recovering it on UConn's first drive. While we don't have the depth at DB that we do at WR, it's possibly the second most loaded position on the team, competing with the RB group.
09-02-2018 03:00 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Shere Khan coming out of retirement. Great posts all weekend.
09-02-2018 03:04 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Cincinnati's Iron Truck: RB Michael Warren II (Sophomore)

Rushing
35 ATT
142 YDS
3 TDS
18 LNG

Receiving
3 REC
29 YDS
15 LNG

The Cats rode this dude all game long and rode him some more. Showed great vision, burst, power and shiftiness as a runner.
09-02-2018 03:14 PM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(09-02-2018 03:14 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Cincinnati's Iron Truck: RB Michael Warren II (Sophomore)

Rushing
35 ATT
142 YDS
3 TDS
18 LNG

Receiving
3 REC
29 YDS
15 LNG

The Cats rode this dude all game long and rode him some more. Showed great vision, burst, power and shiftiness as a runner.

That’s a busy day!
09-02-2018 03:20 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-02-2018 03:14 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Cincinnati's Iron Truck: RB Michael Warren II (Sophomore)

Rushing
35 ATT
142 YDS
3 TDS
18 LNG

Receiving
3 REC
29 YDS
15 LNG

That is one solid night!
09-02-2018 03:52 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-02-2018 03:04 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  Shere Khan coming out of retirement. Great posts all weekend.
I'm trying to be less acerbic
09-02-2018 03:55 PM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
For Tulsa on offense the running back tandem of Brooks and Taylor. The OL didn’t open many holes for them and they both managed over 100 yards and 5+ yards/carry.

On defense Jaxon Player, a true freshman DT, spent a lot of time in the UCA backfield. He is explosive off the line and has good instincts. He’ll be a stud after a year or so of D-1 conditioning. He tweaked his ankle in the second half and I don’t know how bad it is. I’m hoping he can be on the field for Texas to see how he handles their OL.
09-02-2018 04:06 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
For Houston

WR- Marquez Stevenson
- he had won the starting slot wr job 2 times for houston, had a season ending injury in both years in the preseason....3 years later in his first ever college game...lead the team in rushing and receiving close to 200yds of total offense

DE Isaiah chambers -- top 150 recruit..went to tcu, his parent got sick, transferred back home to houston, sat out on transfer rules...in his first ever college game in 3 years he had 3 sacks... the most by a houston player in 5 years

DT Ed oliver - note that a regular DT averages 2 tckls a game & a tckl for loss once ever 3 games ...ed had 13 tckls and 3.5 tckles for loss last game while being doubled he entire game..
he is currently the ONLY DT in the top 100 in tckls per game (at #11)
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 04:22 PM by pesik.)
09-02-2018 04:13 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
(09-02-2018 04:06 PM)Nevadanatural Wrote:  For Tulsa on offense the running back tandem of Brooks and Taylor. The OL didn’t open many holes for them and they both managed over 100 yards and 5+ yards/carry.

On defense Jaxon Player, a true freshman DT, spent a lot of time in the UCA backfield. He is explosive off the line and has good instincts. He’ll be a stud after a year or so of D-1 conditioning. He tweaked his ankle in the second half and I don’t know how bad it is. I’m hoping he can be on the field for Texas to see how he handles their OL.

Also for Tulsa...agree with the above, and was happy to see our receivers catch most of the passes that came their way, and Skipper was improved from last year. Defensive line was better too.
09-02-2018 04:14 PM
bullsbucsfan426 Offline
Special Teams

I wonder if Tulsa got caught looking ahead? You got the win, so next week go out and bust up Texas's chops if that's what happened.
09-02-2018 04:21 PM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(09-02-2018 04:21 PM)bullsbucsfan426 Wrote:  I wonder if Tulsa got caught looking ahead? You got the win, so next week go out and bust up Texas's chops if that's what happened.

Odds of Herman getting fired after back-to-back losses to Maryland and Tulsa?
09-02-2018 04:23 PM
bullsbucsfan426 Offline
Special Teams

(09-02-2018 04:23 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  
(09-02-2018 04:21 PM)bullsbucsfan426 Wrote:  I wonder if Tulsa got caught looking ahead? You got the win, so next week go out and bust up Texas's chops if that's what happened.

His seat would be so hot he'd need to dump ice down the back of his pants just to avoid burns. Don't think UT does mid-season firings, but there's always a first time for everything.
09-02-2018 04:25 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

They gave Charlie Strong 3 years but Longhorn Nation may not be that patient. I believe he'll make it to the end of the year regardless barring an absolute collapse. Believe me, I'm pulling for Tulsa but Tommy's asze is exposed and he wants to cover it with a convincing win. If Tulsa pulls off the awesome upset then I don't see how they fully recover with yet to play in the B12.
09-02-2018 04:31 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(09-02-2018 03:00 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  For UCF:

--WR Tre Nixon, 5 Rec, 101 yards, 2 TD

The Wide Receiver Transfer from Ole Miss made his first start for UCF that day, after being granted immediate eligibility. We knew he was good, but he was good enough to overshadow the returning #2 WR from last year, Dredrick Snelson, even with Snelson hauling in a successful night himself. Nixon injecting himself into an already loading WR corp is a testament to this guys talent. He'll be a special one.

--Safety Richie Grant

Made his presence known, starting opposite Antwan Collier (who was filling in for 1st team AAC Kyle Gibson, sitting out the second half of a suspension for targeting in the Peach Bowl), by forcing a fumble and recovering it on UConn's first drive. While we don't have the depth at DB that we do at WR, it's possibly the second most loaded position on the team, competing with the RB group.
Offensive tempo surprised me. I didnt think we could get faster than last year but we did.
09-02-2018 04:43 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(09-02-2018 04:31 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

They gave Charlie Strong 3 years but Longhorn Nation may not be that patient. I believe he'll make it to the end of the year regardless barring an absolute collapse. Believe me, I'm pulling for Tulsa but Tommy's asze is exposed and he wants to cover it with a convincing win. If Tulsa pulls off the awesome upset then I don't see how they fully recover with yet to play in the B12.

Herman will be able to pad a couple of wins against the Kansas teams, so they have something to look forward to.
09-02-2018 04:47 PM
Advertisement

Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
For UConn:

Pindell looked great, the o line didn't look that bad..defense really needs work, especially the secondary
09-02-2018 05:27 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
For Temple:

Villanova.
09-02-2018 06:01 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
My Week 1 epiphany? Speaking from my heart now, ECU is the biggest drag on this conference in football and basketball. Aresco's biggest mistake.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 06:17 PM by TIGERCITY.)
09-02-2018 06:16 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(09-02-2018 06:16 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  My Week 1 epiphany? Speaking from my heart now, ECU is the biggest drag on this conference in football and basketball. Aresco's biggest mistake.

ECU has traditionally had a solid football program with awesome fan support and great home attendance. They need to make a solid coaching hire to get the program back on track. I think they will, but yes, right now they may have hit rock bottom - sometimes that's what forces change quicker, rather than sooner.
09-02-2018 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.