Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Quarter into the season.....
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
Quarter into the season.....
What are team's top surprises & disappointments?

...almost makes me sad to say that for most of us, 25% of the season is already gone.

USF
+ QB: crazy to suggest that we haven't miss 'Q' but Barnett has to be our biggest surprise by far. Different kind of player but his abilities open up the entire field.
+ WR corp has been spectacularly efficient
+ OL: with all the losses to graduation they have done well so far and are playing 8 guys

+/- DL: we lost three guys to the NFL, so I guess the drop off should be expected; rotation of 9 DL is filled at least 50% first year or second year players.

- LB play: has been a disappointment; it is a young group but they have been out of position quite a bit and tackling has been sporadic; couple upperclassman are still taking bad angles
- DB play: lots of good talent sitting on the bench b/c of injury. 2nd & 3rd teamers making mistakes in coverage and run support that you would expect
- Kicking game: USF had been blessed over the last 10 years with a parade of quality kickers and punters. not so this year. Charlie needs to address this pronto
09-17-2018 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Quarter into the season.....
For UCONN...

Surprise: The offense doesn't suck.

Disappointment: It's not basketball season yet.
09-17-2018 02:03 PM
Sellular1 Offline
1st String

^^^Why are there so few USF posts except after a win^^^
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 02:26 PM by Sellular1.)
09-17-2018 02:25 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
For us, only 20% of the season is gone.... BOOM!!!!

YEAH, I went there...
09-17-2018 02:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Our only disappointment is that Memphis is not on the schedule to dominate.
09-17-2018 02:32 PM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(09-17-2018 02:32 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  Our only disappointment is that Memphis is not on the schedule to dominate.

Well, sunshine? All you gotta do is win the East, and we'll see you in December.... WOOOOO!!! WOOOOOO!

[Image: HandyPlainAdeliepenguin-size_restricted.gif]
09-17-2018 02:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
Houston
QB: A+ i don't think he's made a crucial mistake all season, there's not been a point this season where i questioned a decision of his..needs to work on his medium passes but a lot to love

WR: B we came into the season with zero Proven WR, come find out we have 4 burners with top end speed smoking DBs on the regular. they also drop wide open catches 3 times a game including 2 4th down conversions vs tech

Oline: B+ no one has touched king all season, run lanes haven't been amazing though

RB: B- we came into the season with zero Proven RB, nothing special yet but holding their own (5yds a rush)

Defense

Dline: A we gave up 63 to tech, but tech had less that a 100yds rushing on 41 attempts, 2yds per carry..was actually less than a yds per in the 1st half before they got worn out

LB: C shown nothing special, but i wouldn't say they are playing bad

DBs: F-- horrible in coverage, horrible in tackling, zero ball skills. and im ducking even more points because they are the most experienced unit on the team looking like garbage. any respectable passing team has shredded us....tech converted a 3 and 28, and 3 and 19 on short passes, how do you do that???

heres the kicker, 3 of the top 10 aac draft prospects coming into the season were in houston DB unit. i knew we'd be bad (we werent great last season) but this bad is just shocking

Kicker: unknown- weve been scoring tds, and haven't tested our kicker
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2018 03:02 PM by pesik.)
09-17-2018 02:57 PM
megadrone Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(09-17-2018 01:40 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  What are team's top surprises & disappointments?

...almost makes me sad to say that for most of us, 25% of the season is already gone.

USF
+ QB: crazy to suggest that we haven't miss 'Q' but Barnett has to be our biggest surprise by far. Different kind of player but his abilities open up the entire field.
+ OL: with all the losses to graduation they have done well so far and are playing 8 guys

+/- DL: we lost three guys to the NFL, so I guess the drop off should be expected; rotation of 9 DL is filled at least 50% first year or second year players.

- LB play: has been a disappointment; it is a young group but they have been out of position quite a bit and tackling has been sporadic; couple upperclassman are still taking bad angles
- DB play: lots of good talent sitting on the bench b/c of injury. 2nd & 3rd teamers making mistakes in coverage and run support that you would expect
- Kicking game: USF had been blessed over the last 10 years with a parade of quality kickers and punters. not so this year. Charlie needs to address this pronto

What exactly can you do other than get a kicker off the soccer team? It's not the pros where you can release someone or sign a free agent.
09-17-2018 03:01 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(09-17-2018 02:25 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  ^^^Why are there so few USF posts except after a win^^^

[Image: tumblr_oln2teaBzn1vrjwbvo1_500.gif]
09-17-2018 03:04 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
No idea who that lady is, but she's got some tig ol' bitties!
09-17-2018 03:26 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(09-17-2018 01:40 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  What are team's top surprises & disappointments?

USF

Its crazy that the season began just 16 days ago, yet we are already 1/4 of the way through it. 04-cheers
09-17-2018 04:29 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(09-17-2018 03:01 PM)megadrone Wrote:  

USF

What exactly can you do other than get a kicker off the soccer team? It's not the pros where you can release someone or sign a free agent.

...he could settle on a kicker and punter. He needs to stick with one of them for better or for worse, so they can get some confidence.
09-17-2018 04:38 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
A quarter of the season gone, and I have no clue how good (or not) Memphis is.
09-17-2018 04:59 PM
Advertisement

I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

(09-17-2018 04:29 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

USF

Its crazy that the season began just 16 days ago, yet we are already 1/4 of the way through it. 04-cheers
I thought the same thing. Football season is not long enough. I wish the human body could sustain 2 football games per week for 4 months like basketball, lol.
09-17-2018 05:02 PM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
(09-17-2018 04:59 PM)TripleA Wrote:  A quarter of the season gone, and I have no clue how good (or not) Memphis is.

Most Memphis fans think y’all are winning the National Championship unless it’s raining, or the other teams play a style you’re not ready for or the game is too early or too late.
09-18-2018 07:47 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-17-2018 04:59 PM)TripleA Wrote:  A quarter of the season gone, and I have no clue how good (or not) Memphis is.

I'm just gonna enjoy the rest of the year. We're fun to watch. Henderson is the best RB in the league - maybe even the country. Think that we'll win 9 or 10. I have lots of great memories over the last 40 years as a Tiger fan, but I'm not sure I have ever been more excited about Memphis football and basketball. This football program is on solid footing and winning, and then there is what Penny is about to get rolling.
09-18-2018 08:16 AM
Sellular1 Offline
1st String

(09-18-2018 08:16 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  

I'm just gonna enjoy the rest of the year. We're fun to watch. Henderson is the best RB in the league - maybe even the country. Think that we'll win 9 or 10. I have lots of great memories over the last 40 years as a Tiger fan, but I'm not sure I have ever been more excited about Memphis football and basketball. This football program is on solid footing and winning, and then there is what Penny is about to get rolling.

Ahhhh... Smells like probation
09-18-2018 09:06 AM
Advertisement

I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

09-18-2018 01:42 PM
tccoog10 Offline
2nd String

Houston Surprises
QB - King has exceeded just about everyone's expectations. Leading the conference in most passing categories, zero turnovers, and leading the nation in points responsible for per game.
WRs - A totally unproven group before the season. The leading returning receiver was the guy who is now playing QB. Sure, they have had their fair share of drops, but overall have been pretty good. Marquez Stevenson's return from 2 years of injuries has been nothing short of a revelation. That guy is going to give AAC DCs nightmares for the next 3 years.

Disappointments
DBs - Entirely too much talent within this group to field one of the worst pass Ds in the entire country. For a school with a recent track record of NFL DBs, this group has been super embarrassing.
Pass Rush - For a team with an NFL Top 5 draft pick occupying two and three blockers at a time every snap, we should be much better than 75th in the country in sacks.
09-18-2018 02:17 PM
Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
we basically flipped from the diaco era. we have garbage defense and a solid offense...hopefully we can still beat stupid cuse!
09-18-2018 02:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.