Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Midterms-who shows up matters
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Midterms-who shows up matters
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl...38090.html

"With the last primary of the 2018 midterm cycle over, it’s now official: The general election has begun. With 50 days to go, who are midterm voters?

“A midterm voter is little bit older, a little bit whiter and more educated” than a presidential election voter, said Kyle Kondik, managing editor of Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball Report. While this demographic is usually a positive for Republicans, he cautioned that “educated voters are becoming more Democratic with each election....”"
09-18-2018 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Midterms-who shows up matters
I expect the Republicans to pick up a few Senate seats. Not sure what to expect on the House. RCP keeps trending toward more favorable to the Democrats on the House. They have it 206-190 D with 39 tossups (almost all held by Republicans now). A month ago it was something like 201-196 R with 38 tossups. They have governors 23-20 R with 7 tossups which seems to be trending towards the Republicans. Current is 33-16-1 R which is probably the best the Republicans have done since Reconstruction, so they will almost certainly lose a few.

But it isn't clear that any of that is based on polls. They have few polls even on the Senate races.

I could see the polls and DC insiders being wrong again and the Republicans picking up as many as 9 Senate seats and even a couple of House seats, but don't think that's the most likely.
09-18-2018 10:21 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Midterms-who shows up matters
Far-left polling outlet Quinnipiac just released new polling in Texas, showing LION TED up 9 points on beta o'soy. It's amazing the only time beta can even get within the margin of error is when they poll equal numbers of Rs to Ds, a ridiculous notion in Texas, a R+8 state.

Just wait until the MAGA rally we get in the biggest stadium President Trump can find. Can you say "blowout"?

#CruzinToVictory
#ToughAsTexas

Quote:September 18, 2018 - Cruz Has 9-Point Likely Voter Lead In Texas Senate Race, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Trump Gets A Split 49 - 49 Percent Job Approval Score

https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2570
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2018 01:05 PM by Kronke.)
09-18-2018 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.