Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Don't want to end up like the UMass coach but its official the refs ***** ODU at ECU
Bookmark and Share
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Don't want to end up like the UMass coach but its official the refs ***** ODU at ECU
[Image: interception.png]

It didn't help that we screwed ourselves with play calling too.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018 12:35 PM by 12thmonarch.)
10-01-2018 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Don't want to end up like the UMass coach but its official the refs ***** ODU at ECU
That's from one of our primary crews too. Not good.
10-01-2018 09:44 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Don't want to end up like the UMass coach but its official the refs ***** ODU at ECU
No what Austin said makes no sense. He said the official may have gotten the call correct on the field, but shouldn’t take it away from the player. So, what? Make the wrong call and hope replay corrects you?
10-02-2018 07:13 AM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Anyone got the video?
10-02-2018 08:07 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(10-02-2018 07:13 AM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  No what Austin said makes no sense. He said the official may have gotten the call correct on the field, but shouldn’t take it away from the player. So, what? Make the wrong call and hope replay corrects you?

What ever that guy said might not be correct in a way that makes sense to everybody but the second ref who was farther away with unclear view over turning the initial call by the ref standing closer is the cause of all this crap. That guy screwed us over period.

For anyone looking for the clip its in the following tweet.

https://twitter.com/MitchBrownTV3/status...2133017603
10-02-2018 08:59 AM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Gotta show both angles. All I've got to say is it's really close and depending on what team you like better you could see it either way. Maybe because I'm an ECU fan, I don't think he gains control till he's out of bounds.

Look at the 1st clip and last clip of this video link below and I think it shows the ball still moving around till he was completely out of play.

https://photos.smugmug.com/2018-Pirate-F...h-1920.mp4

Either way, great game ODU! Looking forward to the next one.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018 10:59 AM by Indiana Bones.)
10-02-2018 10:58 AM
Advertisement

Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Hard to have that as a catch.
10-02-2018 11:04 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Wow that’s annoying.
10-02-2018 12:05 PM
outoftown_UNT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNT
So, let me get this straight: C-USA refs cost C-USA an OOC game by erroneously making a call at the end of game, in way it didn't even get reviewed?
...that is pretty much worst-case.
10-02-2018 02:16 PM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
People need to see that last TD of the FAU MTSU game. It's amazing how ******* dumb these refs are.
10-02-2018 02:33 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(10-02-2018 02:33 PM)owlcountry40 Wrote:  People need to see that last TD of the FAU MTSU game. It's amazing how ******* dumb these refs are.

Bless your heart.
10-02-2018 02:54 PM
Advertisement

2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
You guys cashed in a decade's worth of favor, fortune, and luck in that Tech win. Maybe the well's dry, but hopefully it fills up in time for Marshall.
10-02-2018 03:01 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

(10-02-2018 03:01 PM)2Buck Wrote:  You guys cashed in a decade's worth of favor, fortune, and luck in that Tech win. Maybe the well's dry, but hopefully it fills up in time for Marshall.

There was no luck involved in the VT game. Watch the tape, ODU was the better team on that Saturday.
10-02-2018 03:04 PM
Eagleholic Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Very tough call, but I think he secured the ball while still having one foot in bounds.
10-02-2018 03:22 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(10-02-2018 03:22 PM)Eagleholic Wrote:  Very tough call, but I think he secured the ball while still having one foot in bounds.

The worst part is the ref who is standing close called it an INT and another ref who is farther away overrode it and called it incomplete. People in the stands and even some of the ECU faithful couldn't believe that BS. This called simply did it for us and we did ourself no favor with some boneheaded play calling at the end. Anyways this isn't coming back it is what it is. Stupid CUSA Refs being stupid.
10-02-2018 03:37 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(10-02-2018 08:59 AM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 07:13 AM)ecumbh1999 Wrote:  No what Austin said makes no sense. He said the official may have gotten the call correct on the field, but shouldn’t take it away from the player. So, what? Make the wrong call and hope replay corrects you?

What ever that guy said might not be correct in a way that makes sense to everybody but the second ref who was farther away with unclear view over turning the initial call by the ref standing closer is the cause of all this crap. That guy screwed us over period.

For anyone looking for the clip its in the following tweet.

https://twitter.com/MitchBrownTV3/status...2133017603

Here's the official ruling: 05-mafia

HogDawg says that's a CATCH by any measure. One foot is solidly in bounds, etc... That one was so easy to see, I thought I was looking at the wrong video clip at first. I can't believe a game official would rule otherwise.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018 03:56 PM by HogDawg.)
10-02-2018 03:55 PM
Advertisement

HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(10-02-2018 10:58 AM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  Gotta show both angles. All I've got to say is it's really close and depending on what team you like better you could see it either way. Maybe because I'm an ECU fan, I don't think he gains control till he's out of bounds.

Look at the 1st clip and last clip of this video link below and I think it shows the ball still moving around till he was completely out of play.

https://photos.smugmug.com/2018-Pirate-F...h-1920.mp4

Either way, great game ODU! Looking forward to the next one.

It's a catch. Stop the video on the 29 second mark, and run it thru the 31 second mark. You'll see. Easy call.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018 04:01 PM by HogDawg.)
10-02-2018 03:59 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Its so freaking obvious that its a catch. The worst part is the official closes to the play said catch and go overturned by some dork 15 yards away. Then because the call on the field was officially changed to incomplete pass which caused the refs to be too scared to overturn the call.....even though the head of officials says the right procedure would have been to call it a catch on the field.

Just flipping awesome. Yeah, we could have played better, but we made the play to win.
10-02-2018 04:29 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
It's bad when CUSA is on the road and CUSA refs give the home team home cooking.
10-02-2018 05:18 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
RE: Don't want to end up like the UMass coach but its official the refs * ODU at ECU
(10-02-2018 03:04 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 03:01 PM)2Buck Wrote:  You guys cashed in a decade's worth of favor, fortune, and luck in that Tech win. Maybe the well's dry, but hopefully it fills up in time for Marshall.

There was no luck involved in the VT game. Watch the tape, ODU was the better team on that Saturday.

Did watch the game. Thought it strange that every big play for ODU was proceeded by one of your cheerleaders doing something like this...

[Image: giphy.gif]
10-02-2018 09:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.