Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisville- Is the Death Sentence in Play?
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Louisville- Is the Death Sentence in Play?
I dont know when this is going to end for Louisville. Its hard for the program to move on with this kind of stuff that keeps popping up. Now folks are talking about the death sentence.

Article
10-09-2018 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
RE: Louisville- Is the Death Sentence in Play?
The NCAA is so mad at UNC they're going to give Louisville the death penalty.
10-10-2018 12:34 AM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
If Louisville gets the death sentence...IFFFFF...does Louisville get the boot? Would they be replaced? And, by whom?

I would think they’d be removed and Cincinnati would replace them.
10-10-2018 01:53 AM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
You would think we would learn. Over and over again, some media guy is trying so hard to make a name for himself that he becomes judge and jury. He builds his case, presents his evidence, and of course the defendant is guilty, right? Because he can command the media the verdict has already been decided.
The sad thing is, even after his story has been proven wrong a goodly number of people still believe his lies. The Duke Lacrosse case is a good example.
It's why we have a legal process instead of lynch mobs.
10-10-2018 04:31 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-10-2018 01:53 AM)BePcr07 Wrote:  If Louisville gets the death sentence...IFFFFF...does Louisville get the boot? Would they be replaced? And, by whom?

I would think they’d be removed and Cincinnati would replace them.

A) Louisville won't get the death penalty.

B) Even if they did, if it wasn't for football, I don't think they would get booted out - there would simply be 14 basketball teams instead of 15 - until they served their sentence.
10-10-2018 06:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
If you boot Louisville, they sign the next week with the B12 and add some but not a great deal of stability to the B12. That's not in our interest.
10-10-2018 05:26 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
If Fuhrer Mickey is intent on packaging the ACC/SEC and possibly Big 12 into one holistic system .... the Cards are too valuable to that marriage. They're still an upgrade over Maryland, especially after the Terps went Len Bias 2.0. Louisville would more likely be forced to play every game on the road in this highly unlikely event. And for all my misgivings with the Cards over their nasty habit of digging through the dumpster in Athens to hire people and recruit players with criminal records ... I'd be right there chanting with them over how BS it is that Miami got away with whores and bounties and UNC got away with making up entire degree programs, an offense that shouldn't just get the death penalty it should get you a loss of accreditation and forfeiture of federal student loan dollars.
10-10-2018 05:51 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Death Penalty has been mentioned locally but not considered realistic. One of the things brought up today. The NCAA official heading up the investigation is Coach Mack’s former Xavier boss, Greg Christopher.
CJ
10-10-2018 06:07 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Bellarmine’s athletic department should be nervous right now.
10-10-2018 06:16 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(10-10-2018 05:26 PM)Statefan Wrote:  If you boot Louisville, they sign the next week with the B12 and add some but not a great deal of stability to the B12. That's not in our interest.

Replace Baylor with Louisville? Not happening even if something drastic came Louisville's way. Louisville wouldn't change the dynamic of the Big 12 where there are two mega earners and 7 that aren't with Kansas in the middle. The stressors upon the Big 12 would remain addition or no addition.

As a product Louisville remains more valuable to the ACC than it would be to the Big 12 and I would think ESPN would feel the same way.

Look at S.M.U. today. Nobody else gets the death penalty. Bowl bans and tourney bans? Yes.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018 06:28 PM by JRsec.)
10-10-2018 06:24 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
(10-10-2018 06:24 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(10-10-2018 05:26 PM)Statefan Wrote:  If you boot Louisville, they sign the next week with the B12 and add some but not a great deal of stability to the B12. That's not in our interest.

Replace Baylor with Louisville? Not happening even if something drastic came Louisville's way. Louisville wouldn't change the dynamic of the Big 12 where there are two mega earners and 7 that aren't with Kansas in the middle. The stressors upon the Big 12 would remain addition or no addition.

As a product Louisville remains more valuable to the ACC than it would be to the Big 12 and I would think ESPN would feel the same way.

Look at S.M.U. today. Nobody else gets the death penalty. Bowl bans and tourney bans? Yes.

I never suggested the B12 dump Baylor, just that they would add Louisville for as long as OU and Texas stay married.
10-10-2018 07:26 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(10-10-2018 06:16 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Bellarmine’s athletic department should be nervous right now.

No doubt....lol
Scotty better watch out...lol
CJ
10-10-2018 08:34 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
If Penn State didn't get the death penalty for serial child rape, Louisville has got nothing to worry about.
10-11-2018 10:11 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-11-2018 10:11 AM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  If Penn State didn't get the death penalty for serial child rape, Louisville has got nothing to worry about.

Conspiracy theorists would counter that Penn State is an established, big name school, whereas Louisville is a new kid on the block...
10-11-2018 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colohank Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincy
(10-11-2018 11:52 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(10-11-2018 10:11 AM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  If Penn State didn't get the death penalty for serial child rape, Louisville has got nothing to worry about.

Conspiracy theorists would counter that Penn State is an established, big name school, whereas Louisville is a new kid on the block...

Actually, the University of Louisville was established in 1798 and thus predates the establishment of Penn State by 57 years, so the Nittany Lions are the relatively new kids on the block. That said, the pedo scandal in State College was a one-off, albeit of many years' duration, and it primarily reflects the warped pathology of one man (plus a few folks in positions of responsibility looking the other way). The recruiting scandals at Louisville have been more endemic and have involved the active participation of many people over the years, often when the school was already under sanction for previous violations. The scandals at Louisville also directly benefitted the school's athletic prowess on the field and on the court (of definite interest to the NCAA), whereas Penn State's resident sicko was interested only in his own sexual gratification.
10-11-2018 01:16 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(10-11-2018 01:16 PM)colohank Wrote:  Actually, the University of Louisville was established in 1798 and thus predates the establishment of Penn State by 57 years, so the Nittany Lions are the relatively new kids on the block. That said, the pedo scandal in State College was a one-off, albeit of many years' duration, and it primarily reflects the warped pathology of one man (plus a few folks in positions of responsibility looking the other way). The recruiting scandals at Louisville have been more endemic and have involved the active participation of many people over the years, often when the school was already under sanction for previous violations. The scandals at Louisville also directly benefitted the school's athletic prowess on the field and on the court (of definite interest to the NCAA), whereas Penn State's resident sicko was interested only in his own sexual gratification.

I wouldn't think anyone would consider paying a player worse than decades of child molestation but hey, we live in a weird world now. Right is wrong, wrong is right. Sad days indeed.
CJ
10-11-2018 01:46 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(10-10-2018 07:26 PM)Statefan Wrote:  
(10-10-2018 06:24 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I never suggested the B12 dump Baylor, just that they would add Louisville for as long as OU and Texas stay married.

It doesn't matter either way. The Big 12 with or without Louisville will wake up with the same problems every day. Louisville still would be more valuable to the ACC than the Big 12. And, nothing is going to happen in that regard.
10-11-2018 02:06 PM
colohank Offline
1st String

(10-11-2018 01:46 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(10-11-2018 01:16 PM)colohank Wrote:  Actually, the University of Louisville was established in 1798 and thus predates the establishment of Penn State by 57 years, so the Nittany Lions are the relatively new kids on the block. That said, the pedo scandal in State College was a one-off, albeit of many years' duration, and it primarily reflects the warped pathology of one man (plus a few folks in positions of responsibility looking the other way). The recruiting scandals at Louisville have been more endemic and have involved the active participation of many people over the years, often when the school was already under sanction for previous violations. The scandals at Louisville also directly benefitted the school's athletic prowess on the field and on the court (of definite interest to the NCAA), whereas Penn State's resident sicko was interested only in his own sexual gratification.

I wouldn't think anyone would consider paying a player worse than decades of child molestation but hey, we live in a weird world now. Right is wrong, wrong is right. Sad days indeed.
CJ

I wouldn't think so either, but the National Collegiate Athletic Association might, and it's the governing body that would hand down a so-called death penalty if U of L's athletic misdeeds were deemed serious enough. Jerry Sandusky's criminal violations were ably prosecuted by the State of Pennsylvania, and Penn State's Board of Trustees (or whatever it's called) removed or otherwise punished those administrators and coaches whose lapses were more vicarious.

Pitino, Jurich, and others were administratively canned (the Adidas affair was the straw that finally broke the camel's back), but I guess it remains to be seen if and how any of the various criminal violations involving that and U of L's other scandals are sorted out by state and federal authorities.
10-11-2018 03:44 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(10-11-2018 01:16 PM)colohank Wrote:  

Actually, the University of Louisville was established in 1798 and thus predates the establishment of Penn State by 57 years, so the Nittany Lions are the relatively new kids on the block. That said, the pedo scandal in State College was a one-off, albeit of many years' duration, and it primarily reflects the warped pathology of one man (plus a few folks in positions of responsibility looking the other way). The recruiting scandals at Louisville have been more endemic and have involved the active participation of many people over the years, often when the school was already under sanction for previous violations. The scandals at Louisville also directly benefitted the school's athletic prowess on the field and on the court (of definite interest to the NCAA), whereas Penn State's resident sicko was interested only in his own sexual gratification.

The scandal that Louisville got caught up in that puts them technically in the cross hairs of a death penalty did NOT benefit them "on the court".

Brian Bowen NEVER played for U of L. Not one dribble.

Unlike other schools caught up in this FBI sting .... no one Louisville was involved with played one minute for the Cardinals.

So far, in the first week of the first trial, Arizona can't say the same thing as Louisville. NC State can't say the same thing.

And I guarantee that when all 3 trials are over, there WILL be countless others who will be unable to say the same thing.
10-12-2018 11:52 AM
colohank Offline
1st String

(10-12-2018 11:52 AM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  
(10-11-2018 01:16 PM)colohank Wrote:  

The scandal that Louisville got caught up in that puts them technically in the cross hairs of a death penalty did NOT benefit them "on the court".

Brian Bowen NEVER played for U of L. Not one dribble.

Unlike other schools caught up in this FBI sting .... no one Louisville was involved with played one minute for the Cardinals.

So far, in the first week of the first trial, Arizona can't say the same thing as Louisville. NC State can't say the same thing.

And I guarantee that when all 3 trials are over, there WILL be countless others who will be unable to say the same thing.

Perhaps those kids never actually played for Louisville, but that was the certainly recruiters' intent. Otherwise, why did they entice prospects by providing them with hookers, blow, and cash? The school doesn't try to lure other prospective students that way, does it?

Intent is a big deal in any court of law. It's the difference between murder and manslaughter, reckless and careless driving, and so on.
10-12-2018 01:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.