Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Open Thread - Week 7
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Open Thread - Week 7
So much for picking the game based upon PJ's bizarrely cheery demeanor at his pressers.
10-13-2018 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Open Thread - Week 7
OK, I'm watching this Duke at GT game...

...I have never seen a GT team throw away multiple possessions in such short order. It's a result of guys trying to do way too much when it isn't there.

7-7 just warped into 28-7.
10-13-2018 01:51 PM
TampaTom Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
Go get after them, Pitt! Touchdown puts them up 7-0 over Notre Dame so far.
10-13-2018 02:05 PM

(10-13-2018 01:51 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  OK, I'm watching this Duke at GT game...

...I have never seen a GT team throw away multiple possessions in such short order. It's a result of guys trying to do way too much when it isn't there.

7-7 just warped into 28-7.

Three consecutive fumbles where each one had laughably terrible ball handling? This is GT! You can do that!

Same lack of mental focus that has plagued this team for 2 years now. Fire PJ and replace him with Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe recruits Atlanta better than PJ does anyway.
10-13-2018 02:16 PM

"Taquon Marshall out for the remainder of the game."

Presumably with a severely bruised ego after following up a turnover with carrying the football in his elbow flailing away from his body.
10-13-2018 02:19 PM
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2018 02:19 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  "Taquon Marshall out for the remainder of the game."

Presumably with a severely bruised ego after following up a turnover with carrying the football in his elbow flailing away from his body.

Oliver ain't too bad. He doesn't have a ton of accuracy, but I can't blame him when the offensive line has no idea how to pass protect.
10-13-2018 02:22 PM
Advertisement

oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

That was a nice 30 yard throw from Oliver. PJ could probably open it up earlier in the game when the option is getting smoked.
10-13-2018 02:25 PM

(10-13-2018 02:25 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  That was a nice 30 yard throw from Oliver. PJ could probably open it up earlier in the game when the option is getting smoked.

PJ can't play against Brian VanGorder every week.
10-13-2018 02:31 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
Pitt up 7-6 over ND at the half. Our defense is playing lights out. Our offense is offensive. 03-banghead
10-13-2018 03:00 PM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Hats off to Pitt, they took it to the Irish today.

ND lucked out in this one.
10-13-2018 04:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
(10-13-2018 04:49 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Hats off to Pitt, they took it to the Irish today.

ND lucked out in this one.

No moral victories. We lost.
10-13-2018 05:18 PM
Advertisement

The ACC Coastal is no bueno. All of 'em. Everybody. Somebody is going to be a sacrificial lamb in Charlotte. And if Clemson makes the playoffs and moves everybody up a slot there's going to be a bunch of teams in way over their head in the postseason.
10-13-2018 09:10 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-13-2018 09:10 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  The ACC Coastal is no bueno. All of 'em. Everybody. Somebody is going to be a sacrificial lamb in Charlotte. And if Clemson makes the playoffs and moves everybody up a slot there's going to be a bunch of teams in way over their head in the postseason.

I actually picked Duke and BC. That said, Miami and VT are both having a #GoACC weekend so far (thought Hokies have hope).

OTOH, did Georgia and Auburn have a #GoSEC weekend?
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018 09:16 PM by Hokie Mark.)
10-13-2018 09:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Well, VT just took the lead on UNC...

...and Miami just committed a personal foul away from the play on 3rd down when they had UVA stopped... sheesh!
10-13-2018 09:19 PM

(10-13-2018 09:15 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(10-13-2018 09:10 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  The ACC Coastal is no bueno. All of 'em. Everybody. Somebody is going to be a sacrificial lamb in Charlotte. And if Clemson makes the playoffs and moves everybody up a slot there's going to be a bunch of teams in way over their head in the postseason.

I actually picked Duke and BC. That said, Miami and VT are both having a #GoACC weekend so far (thought Hokies have hope).

Georgia losing against quality SEC West teams is par for the course. The trouble is UGAg has been pretty protected in scheduling these past years.

Auburn has been kinda exposed as flawed for awhile now. Gus may have the hottest seat in the West by year end.
10-13-2018 09:26 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(10-13-2018 09:19 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Well, VT just took the lead on UNC...

...and Miami just committed a personal foul away from the play on 3rd down when they had UVA stopped... sheesh!

In the SEC cheap shots from Georgia players were said to be measured "on the Ricther scale". Discipline has never been his long suit. Nothing has changed.

How did it feel to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against the Heels? What did they have a 1st and goal from your 2 with a 5 point lead and 3 minutes on the clock and managed to loose?

All three of Auburn's losses this season have come courtesy of Jarrett Stidham, a pick six to L.S.U., a pick that led to six inside the 15 against Miss State, and a scoop and score today when he was eluding a pass rush while waving the ball around in his throwing hand. The poor defense was put in a major holes today with 3 Stidham turn overs. We have two good guys on the bench but Gus has anointed Stidham and won't give another a try. Typical Gus.

GTS should be happy tonight because L.S.U. really just manhandled Georgia.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018 09:46 PM by JRsec.)
10-13-2018 09:45 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(10-13-2018 09:26 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(10-13-2018 09:15 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Georgia losing against quality SEC West teams is par for the course. The trouble is UGAg has been pretty protected in scheduling these past years.

Auburn has been kinda exposed as flawed for awhile now. Gus may have the hottest seat in the West by year end.

I was hoping his butt was gone to Arkansas last year. He'll take a player and run them until he is injured and then plays him injured until he can play no more.

But the parting gift of one of the worst A.D.'s in Auburn history (Jay Jacobs) was to sign Gus to a 7 year extension at 7 million a year. So if we fired him it would cost us $42 million at the end of this season. It'll be 3 more years before they do it.
10-13-2018 09:51 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Just wanted to point out that Louisville lost again....
Don’t see another win on the schedule. We are staring squarely at 2-9.

I heard yesterday that Louisville hadn’t given up 6 straight quarters of 2 touchdowns or more since the 1950’s. Thank you BVG.

We should be scanning the waiver wire for a new defensive coordinator come December but I doubt it.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 06:55 AM by CardinalJim.)
10-14-2018 06:54 AM
domer1978 Online
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(10-14-2018 06:54 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Just wanted to point out that Louisville lost again....
Don’t see another win on the schedule. We are staring squarely at 2-9.

I heard yesterday that Louisville hadn’t given up 6 straight quarters of 2 touchdowns or more since the 1950’s. Thank you BVG.
To
We should be scanning the waiver wire for a new defensive coordinator come December but I doubt it.
CJ

Welcome to the world of BVG. I do not understand how he keeps getting jobs.

ND fans experienced your discontent and we're shocked his employment.after the crap fest.
10-14-2018 08:19 AM

(10-14-2018 06:54 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  We should be scanning the waiver wire for a new defensive coordinator come December but I doubt it.
CJ

Might I suggest looking somewhere other than the dumpsters of Athens this time?
10-14-2018 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.