Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN Wayyyy Too Early Bracketology...
Bookmark and Share
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
ESPN Wayyyy Too Early Bracketology...
Has WKU in as a 12-seed and no other CUSA team in the Dance. Hopefully we all keep winning our OOC games and can get the committee’s attention.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/nitty
11-16-2018 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: ESPN Wayyyy Too Early Bracketology...
To get 2 in we will need to deserve 3. I just don't see that happening.
11-16-2018 01:06 PM
Jack Bauer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
The major problem I see is if Marshall and wku both have amazing ooc records. We are
A) going to split and go 2-2 this year against each other to beat up on each other
B) one team is going to run the table and it’ll look worse on the losing end team
C) go 3-1 and the team that dominated the conference loses in the championship game and both might get in.
It’s going to take both teams to do great ooc for cusa to get more then one team in. I could see odu finishing second this year but don’t see them up for a at large spot.
11-16-2018 03:07 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
I think pod scheduling is a disaster. A loss to anyone in CUSA, is really bad to the committee. I think this will end in destroying any chance at a 2nd bid, virtue of multiple losses for everyone in conference. The committee doesn't care that a 25-6 Marshall team played only top cusa teams to end the season and lost twice. This is going to ensure we have one bid IMO, because if se do have a dominant team.good enough to plow through and win all those games in that pod, then they leave everyone else decimated record wise and knock anyone out of an at large bid. If they aren't dominant, then everyone loses a game or two, and then only the champ goes. Its really stupid scheduling. RPI isn't and never was the reason we got left out, its because CUSA basketball isn't respected nationally.
11-17-2018 09:33 AM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
(11-17-2018 09:33 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  I think pod scheduling is a disaster. A loss to anyone in CUSA, is really bad to the committee. I think this will end in destroying any chance at a 2nd bid, virtue of multiple losses for everyone in conference. The committee doesn't care that a 25-6 Marshall team played only top cusa teams to end the season and lost twice. This is going to ensure we have one bid IMO, because if se do have a dominant team.good enough to plow through and win all those games in that pod, then they leave everyone else decimated record wise and knock anyone out of an at large bid. If they aren't dominant, then everyone loses a game or two, and then only the champ goes. Its really stupid scheduling. RPI isn't and never was the reason we got left out, its because CUSA basketball isn't respected nationally.

We have no idea how the committee will use NET. None.

But that’s a bleak view you have there.

We are being proactive. I like it.

Doing nothing and remaining status quo was not the answer.
11-17-2018 11:08 AM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(11-17-2018 11:08 AM)rileylives Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 09:33 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  I think pod scheduling is a disaster. A loss to anyone in CUSA, is really bad to the committee. I think this will end in destroying any chance at a 2nd bid, virtue of multiple losses for everyone in conference. The committee doesn't care that a 25-6 Marshall team played only top cusa teams to end the season and lost twice. This is going to ensure we have one bid IMO, because if se do have a dominant team.good enough to plow through and win all those games in that pod, then they leave everyone else decimated record wise and knock anyone out of an at large bid. If they aren't dominant, then everyone loses a game or two, and then only the champ goes. Its really stupid scheduling. RPI isn't and never was the reason we got left out, its because CUSA basketball isn't respected nationally.

I agree. The definition of insanity is doing the same old thing and expecting different results.

This may or may not work to getting better seed and more bids but I like that they tried to do something.

And if we only get one team in... I can guarantee that no team in america not named DUKE doesn't want to draw that team.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018 11:13 AM by Hilltopper2K.)
11-17-2018 11:11 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
(11-17-2018 11:11 AM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  

I agree. The definition of insanity is doing the same old thing and expecting different results.

This may or may not work to getting better seed and more bids but I like that they tried to do something.

And if we only get one team in... I can guarantee that no team in america not named DUKE doesn't want to draw that team.

Absolutely. This conference is stacked this year, and now we have positive history in the tournament...

I think the committee will take notice.
11-17-2018 11:18 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(11-17-2018 11:18 AM)rileylives Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 11:11 AM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  

Absolutely. This conference is stacked this year, and now we have positive history in the tournament...

I think the committee will take notice.

Tournament history has not helped us last 3 seasons.....I think we can get two teams in but we are going to have to win tomorrow and only have 1 loss at the most out of vs. Arkansas, St Marys and Wisconsin.....ALso we need the A-10 to suck and so far that looks like a possibility, they may not get their usually 3-4 teams in, that will help...We need to also hope SEC doesnt get 11 teams in and PAC 12 continues to suck.....Basically I am not going to worry about this right now haha....
11-17-2018 09:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.