Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Notre Dame 29 ... Syracuse 0
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Notre Dame 29 ... Syracuse 0
This is the price a northern schools pays for playing in a dome. Cuse can't handle the weather in their own state.
11-17-2018 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
RE: Notre Dame 29 ... Syracuse 0
The committee only dropped LSU to #7 after the Tigers got skunked by Alabama by that same 29-0 score, so if Syracuse can keep the score as is, they should be good for no worse than #10 in next week's rankings. 07-coffee3
11-17-2018 05:38 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
36-0
11-17-2018 05:42 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Just goes to show that Syracuse can't handle the big stage like most second rate programs.
11-17-2018 05:44 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

36 - 3 F

Syracuse booed by whole stadium for kicking FG on 4th and goal with 10 seconds left to avoid shutout. 03-lmfao
11-17-2018 05:52 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

This locks up at least an NY6 bowl for the Irish, so that reduces the possible at-large NY6 slots to at most two.
11-17-2018 05:56 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I’m going with the pollsters getting carried away with a nice storyline and overranking Syracuse.
11-17-2018 05:59 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-17-2018 05:38 PM)Wedge Wrote:  The committee only dropped LSU to #7 after the Tigers got skunked by Alabama by that same 29-0 score, so if Syracuse can keep the score as is, they should be good for no worse than #10 in next week's rankings. 07-coffee3

Cuse's 3rd loss. CFP had them at #12.
11-17-2018 05:59 PM
SUisBigEast4ever Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: 'Cuse, Buffalo
So we're going to just ignore that Eric Dungey got knocked out of the game in the first quarter?

He was off to a bad start before getting injured but I'm sure he would've settled down a little and played better than Devito did. Still would've lost the game but I have to think the score would be closer.
11-17-2018 06:11 PM
Kaplony Offline

(11-17-2018 06:11 PM)SUisBigEast4ever Wrote:  So we're going to just ignore that Eric Dungey got knocked out of the game in the first quarter?

He was off to a bad start before getting injured but I'm sure he would've settled down a little and played better than Devito did. Still would've lost the game but I have to think the score would be closer.

Congrats on your almost moral victory.
11-17-2018 06:24 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(11-17-2018 05:44 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Just goes to show that Syracuse can't handle the big stage like most second rate programs.

Yup playing at Clemson is a small stage
11-17-2018 06:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nittany_Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: PSU, Cincinnati
(11-17-2018 05:52 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  36 - 3 F

Syracuse booed by whole stadium for kicking FG on 4th and goal with 10 seconds left to avoid shutout. 03-lmfao

LOL ....... that's hilarious.

I'd like to wish Syracuse good luck against whatever Pac-12 team they will play in the Sun Bowl. That game will be "the high point" of Syracuse football in the 21st Century!
11-17-2018 07:04 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(11-17-2018 06:11 PM)SUisBigEast4ever Wrote:  So we're going to just ignore that Eric Dungey got knocked out of the game in the first quarter?

Yes, because Cuse was down 10-0 and going nowhere with him. Zippo changed about the game once he was knocked out. If you didn't know he left you never woukd have noticed it.

BTW, the defense is supposed to knock the QB out of the game. Dungey wasn't injured slipping on a bar of soap in the shower.

And IIRC, didn't DeVito kind of save the day for Dungey and Cuse vs UNC?
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018 07:34 PM by quo vadis.)
11-17-2018 07:24 PM
SUisBigEast4ever Offline
Special Teams

(11-17-2018 07:24 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Yes, because Cuse was down 10-0 and going nowhere with him. Zippo changed about the game once he was knocked out. If you didn't know he left you never woukd have noticed it.

BTW, the defense is supposed to knock the QB out of the game. Dungey wasn't injured slipping on a bar of soap in the shower.

And IIRC, didn't DeVito kind of save the day for Dungey and Cuse vs UNC?

What do you mean going nowhere with him? They were driving in ND territory when he went down.

Yes Devito stepped up against UNC. He has a lot of talent. Today he looked like a frosh who was shell-shocked against a top ranked team though. He couldn't deal with the pass rush. Dungey is good at making plays with his feet.

It's just funny how people have selective memory to fit their narrative. If Book got knocked out and Syracuse beat them I'm sure you and most people would bring up him getting injured. The same goes for any other top team who has their QB get injured. But Dungey gets injured and Syracuse struggles and there's nobody mentioning his injury.

It's like how people were downplaying Syracuse nearly beating Clemson because "Lawrence got injured" even though Syracuse was beating Clemson 16-7 before he was injured right before halftime. Again selective memory.

I still think Notre Dame wins the game easily but Syracuse would've probably made it much more of a game with him in there.

Also wasn't thrilled with some of the calls that went ND's way. The play where the Syracuse DB stripped Book before he went out of bounds and they didn't review it and the pass interference call where Book threw it 20 feet over the receiver's head way out of bounds on 3rd and long in particular were really bad. Those two missed calls alone led to 10 Notre Dame points (well 9 because they missed the XP). Still only makes it 26-3 so it didn't cost Syracuse the game but they need to find refs who are better than that because those are two really unacceptable calls.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018 07:56 PM by SUisBigEast4ever.)
11-17-2018 07:43 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
36-3 and we’re writing novels about officiating.
11-17-2018 08:45 PM
SUisBigEast4ever Offline
Special Teams

(11-17-2018 08:45 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  36-3 and we’re writing novels about officiating.

I love where you ignore the part I said it didn't cost Syracuse the game. Notre Dame clearly still would've won easily.

I simply made a point that the refs have to be better than that. If they aren't capable of getting those two calls right then I have no idea how they got a job to begin with. That's as bad as it gets.

This is the one where the DB stripped it out of Book's hands before he went out of bounds. Look how far inbounds he is when he took it yet the refs didn't call it a fumble / Syracuse ball. So like I said if they can't get a call that easy right then they have no business officiating.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsPGCKqU8AAWk0t.jpg
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2018 09:18 PM by SUisBigEast4ever.)
11-17-2018 09:12 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline

(11-17-2018 09:12 PM)SUisBigEast4ever Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 08:45 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  36-3 and we’re writing novels about officiating.

I love where you ignore the part I said it didn't cost Syracuse the game. Notre Dame clearly still would've won easily.

I simply made a point that the refs have to be better than that. If they aren't capable of getting those two calls right then I have no idea how they got a job to begin with. That's as bad as it gets.

This is the one where the DB stripped it out of Book's hands before he went out of bounds. Look how far inbounds he is when he took it yet the refs didn't call it a fumble / Syracuse ball. So like I said if they can't get a call that easy right then they have no business officiating.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsPGCKqU8AAWk0t.jpg

Once again...congrats on your almost moral victory.
11-17-2018 09:34 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(11-17-2018 05:44 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Just goes to show that Syracuse can't handle the big stage like most second rate programs.

Yep! ND is by far the best team that SU has played all year. They dominated SU from start to finish. They are the best defense that SU has played all season holding SU's 5th ranked offense to only 3 points. ND is the real deal. They didnt need to desperatly fight to come from behind after getting smacked around for most of the game to squeek by with a 4 point win at home over a "second rate" team.
11-17-2018 10:03 PM
Kaplony Offline

(11-17-2018 10:03 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Yep! ND is by far the best team that SU has played all year. They dominated SU from start to finish. They are the best defense that SU has played all season holding SU's 5th ranked offense to only 3 points. ND is the real deal. They didnt need to desperatly fight to come from behind after getting smacked around for most of the game to squeek by with a 4 point win at home over a "second rate" team.

Some teams can win with backup quarterbacks, others fold like cheap tents. That's the difference between good programs and also-rans.
11-17-2018 10:18 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-17-2018 10:18 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 10:03 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Some teams can win with backup quarterbacks, others fold like cheap tents. That's the difference between good programs and also-rans.

Well look on the bright side. If Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame all win out, and it looks like they might, then Clemson will likely play Notre Dame in the first round of the CFP!
11-17-2018 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.