12-06-2018 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
RE: 12/8 (Saturday) AAC Basketball Games
The Tigers play at home until the 1/6/19 game at Houston.
12-06-2018 09:36 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
We should beat zavier but every year some stiff on their team goes off on a career game, so you never can tell. Then said stiff will never come close to ever having a game like that again.
12-06-2018 09:50 AM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
12/8 (Saturday) AAC Basketball Games
I have no idea what to expect from the shootout.

Xavier out talents is by a mile but we seem to be more cohesive. Xavier has 5 4-star players and 4 of the 5 were top 100 guys.

Uc has just one top 100 guy on this roster. And mostly just 3 stars. If we win, it’s because we play as a team and out effort them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-06-2018 11:57 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
XU is our daddy....
12-06-2018 12:24 PM
geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

I Root For: Binturongs
(12-06-2018 08:25 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  Wichita State (4-3) @ Oklahoma (7-1)
Noon ET on ESPNU

Grambling (4-4) @ UCF (6-2)
1 PM ET on ESPN3

UAB (6-2) @ Memphis (4-4)
1 PM ET on ESPN3

Xavier (6-3) @ Cincinnati (8-1)
2 PM ET on ESPN2

Houston (7-0) @ Oklahoma State (4-4)
4 PM ET

Tulane (3-5) @ South Alabama (4-5)
4 PM ET on ESPN+

#16 Kansas State (6-1) @ Tulsa (6-3)
4:30 PM ET on CBSSN

UCONN (7-2) vs #11 Florida State (7-1)
Never Forget Classic (Newark, NJ)
6:30 PM ET on ESPN2

Wow. This could be anywhere from 1-7 to 7-1. Likely 4-4, but I couldn't tell you which 4 will be wins. Tough day without having ECU playing to bolster conference fortunes.
12-06-2018 12:47 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(12-06-2018 11:57 AM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  I have no idea what to expect from the shootout.

Xavier out talents is by a mile but we seem to be more cohesive. Xavier has 5 4-star players and 4 of the 5 were top 100 guys.

Uc has just one top 100 guy on this roster. And mostly just 3 stars. If we win, it’s because we play as a team and out effort them.

justin you literally tried to call me out for "trying to convince us that Ok state is a good team" when i was just picking on memphis

when you do that to every team you play...you are hyping xavier now

xavier has lost to every team with a heartbeat that they have played

let me state, i have no issue with you hyping xavier and "their many 4stars", its why you would call someone else out for it when you are the one who does it the most is what im picking on
12-06-2018 01:36 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-06-2018 12:24 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  XU is our daddy....

Xavier is good now (#57 NET through 12/5/18) and in the past. It stings losing to them, but there is no shame in it.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 01:53 PM by Tiger1983.)
12-06-2018 01:46 PM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

(12-06-2018 01:36 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 11:57 AM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  I have no idea what to expect from the shootout.

justin you literally tried to call me out for "trying to convince us that Ok state is a good team" when i was just picking on memphis

let me state, i have no issue with you hyping xavier and "their many 4stars", its why you would call someone else out for it when you are the one who does it the most is what im picking on

What? I'm not hyping Xavier. I'm saying this game is always tough for us. They out talent us. This isn't a regular game. You have no idea because you'e never been apart of rivalry like this. Never.

And they matchup well with us. They would be the toughest team you've played by a long long stretch. For matchup purposes, I'd take playing Oregon all day becsuse I know we'd punk them with effort and intensity. Xavier isn't easily punked

Their Offense is rated #20
They have 2 bigs with offensive ratings 127 or better
Tyrique Jones has The #2 offensive rebounding rate in the country and #78th defensve
They are one of the best rebounding teams in the country and they also are ranked #10 in 2pt FG%

ALLLL That said... It means that this Xavier team is going to be a tough matchup for us because they are good at what we are normally good at. We protect the rim, they score at the rim, We rebound well offensively, they rebound well defensively.

We should beat them. But they are a tough matchup for us regardless and in this game, it comes down to players making contested shots. they have more talent than we do.

Houston would be a better matchup against Xavier because Xavier has struggled to defend the 3 all season. And teams who can shoot well, always give Xavier problems.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 02:15 PM by justinhub2003.)
12-06-2018 02:02 PM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

And my entire point was not to Hype Xavier. But to downplay our on paper untalented roster.

we have 13 guys on scholarship, just 2 are consensus 4 stars.

In our upcoming stretch we will be playing teams with much more talent.

Xavier has 5 4 stars
Miss State has 8 or so 4 stars
UCLA has roughly 8 as well

But not one of those teams is unbeatable because all seem to lack a true identity. IF UC can win 2 of 3, it will be a hell of a feat for Mick and his coaching. We are a program system, not a system that brings in top talent year over year
12-06-2018 02:13 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(12-06-2018 02:13 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  And my entire point was not to Hype Xavier. But to downplay our on paper untalented roster.

we have 13 guys on scholarship, just 2 are consensus 4 stars.

In our upcoming stretch we will be playing teams with much more talent.

Xavier has 5 4 stars
Miss State has 8 or so 4 stars
UCLA has roughly 8 as well

But not one of those teams is unbeatable because all seem to lack a true identity. IF UC can win 2 of 3, it will be a hell of a feat for Mick and his coaching. We are a program system, not a system that brings in top talent year over year

I agree completely that talent level is the single most important factor for success, but coaching, player development, and experience matter also and Cincy seems well positioned to win 2 out 3 like you stated.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 02:38 PM by Tiger1983.)
12-06-2018 02:17 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

(12-06-2018 02:02 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  

What? I'm not hyping Xavier. I'm saying this game is always tough for us. They out talent us. This isn't a regular game. You have no idea because you'e never been apart of rivalry like this. Never.

And they matchup well with us. They would be the toughest team you've played by a long long stretch. For matchup purposes, I'd take playing Oregon all day becsuse I know we'd punk them with effort and intensity. Xavier isn't easily punked

Tyrique Jones has The #2 offensive rebounding rate in the country and #78th defensve
They are one of the best rebounding teams in the country and they also are ranked #10 in 2pt FG%

ALLLL That said... It means that this Xavier team is going to be a tough matchup for us because they are good at what we are normally good at. We protect the rim, they score at the rim, We rebound well offensively, they rebound well defensively.

We should beat them. But they are a tough matchup for us regardless and in this game, it comes down to players making contested shots. they have more talent than we do.

just for sports talk, i dont think you match up well with oregon at all.
every team that give Oregon trouble are teams that are 3pt shooting teams...wooten/bol basically make the paint a no scoring zone.. uc relies on post points

tsu is the only team that has been able to score in the paint and kenny wooten didnt play and tsu had a 7footer (houston and iowa had more 3s than 2pointers)
12-06-2018 02:37 PM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

(12-06-2018 02:37 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 02:02 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  

just for sports talk, i dont think you match up well with oregon at all.
every team that give Oregon trouble are teams that are 3pt shooting teams...wooten/bol basically make the paint a no scoring zone.. uc relies on post points

tsu is the only team that has been able to score in the paint and kenny wooten didnt play and tsu had a 7footer (houston and iowa had more 3s than 2pointers)

BRUH, we would beat them on our home floor. Just like you did.
12-06-2018 03:47 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(12-06-2018 03:47 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  BRUH, we would beat them on our home floor. Just like you did.

thats presumptuous of you

i have no clue how you do against them...not counting tsu becuase of injury...they have only struggled agains ttop level 3 pt shooting teams

our starting bigs combined for 3 pts ...iowa's starting bigs combined for 9 on 17 shots

syracuse who is heavily reliant on post scoring/driving guards lost by a huge margin..... you have this narrative on better or worse...when basketball is about matchups ..houston and cincy have completely different dynamics..all becuase houston beats someone doesnt mean uc will too

i think lsu is better than tulsa, by a huge margin ...but they matched up differently to okstate...lsu tries to out-talent teams and forces their dominance on teams...but they arent very organized,
ok state only has elite 3pt shooting to mask a very flawed inexperienced team...the lack of organization left tons of open 3s for ok state..tulsa isnt that great but a fundamentally sound team, that left no open shots...and without the 3, ok state isnt that good
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2018 04:19 PM by pesik.)
12-06-2018 04:13 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
(12-06-2018 04:13 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(12-06-2018 03:47 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  BRUH, we would beat them on our home floor. Just like you did.

i have no clue how you do against them...not counting tsu becuase of injury...they have only struggled agains ttop level 3 pt shooting teams

our starting bigs combined for 3 pts ...iowa's starting bigs combined for 9 on 17 shots

syracuse who is heavily reliant on post scoring/driving guards lost by a huge margin..... you have this narrative on better or worse...when basketball is about matchups ..houston and cincy have completely different dynamics..all becuase houston beats someone doesnt mean uc will too

i think lsu is better than tulsa, by a huge margin ...but they matched up differently to okstate...lsu tries to out-talent teams and forces their dominance on teams...but they arent very organized,
ok state only has elite 3pt shooting to mask a very flawed inexperienced team...the lack of organization left tons of open 3s for ok state..tulsa isnt that great but a fundamentally sound team, that left no open shots...and without the 3, ok state isnt that good

Kind of hoping they make a ton of 3's on you. Just sayin.
12-06-2018 04:44 PM
panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Tulsa wins by at least 20
12-06-2018 05:43 PM
Advertisement

justinhub2003 Offline
All American

12/8 (Saturday) AAC Basketball Games

Bruh if jaron Cumberland didn’t play, I’d still expect to beat Texas southern at home. If any one uc player didn’t play, we’d beat Texas southern. Good teams don’t lose buy games. It’s that simple.

And Syracuse is erratic as hell. No one even knows if they are good. And that zone doesn’t stop teams who can shoot 3’s over top of the zone. And Syracuse shot 28 3’s... Uc will not waste that many possessions on 3’s. And that haven’t since the OSU game. They will either force the issue from two or foul out Oregon’s guys trying.

Uc knows it’s not good from 3, so they don’t shoot. Syracuse thinks they are and aren’t.

Huge part of basketball is knowing who you are, what your good at and who your best player is. I’d say uc has that more figured out now then they did last year.

Uc is so close to matching it’s offensive efficiency from last year. No one ever thought that was possible.

12-06-2018 07:15 PM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
Justin/Pesik is a love story for the ages
12-06-2018 07:31 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(12-06-2018 12:47 PM)geef Wrote:  Wow. This could be anywhere from 1-7 to 7-1. Likely 4-4, but I couldn't tell you which 4 will be wins. Tough day without having ECU playing to bolster conference fortunes.

Hmmm... So which game is the guaranteed win and which one is the guaranteed loss?
12-06-2018 07:38 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

(12-06-2018 07:15 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  

Bruh if jaron Cumberland didn’t play, I’d still expect to beat Texas southern at home. If any one uc player didn’t play, we’d beat Texas southern. Good teams don’t lose buy games. It’s that simple.

And Syracuse is erratic as hell. No one even knows if they are good. And that zone doesn’t stop teams who can shoot 3’s over top of the zone. And Syracuse shot 28 3’s... Uc will not waste that many possessions on 3’s. And that haven’t since the OSU game. They will either force the issue from two or foul out Oregon’s guys trying.

Uc knows it’s not good from 3, so they don’t shoot. Syracuse thinks they are and aren’t.

Huge part of basketball is knowing who you are, what your good at and who your best player is. I’d say uc has that more figured out now then they did last year.

Uc is so close to matching it’s offensive efficiency from last year. No one ever thought that was possible.

bro, texas southern beat baylor (remember when you hyped ole miss off the baylor win), and tsu plays the hardest nonconference in the nation, all but 2 of there loses were relatively close througout...they will likely make the tournament again for the 5th time in 6years

lets stop acting like we can beat them with our backups

and its not one player its 2, again louis king hasnt played yet
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/baske...louis-king
they can hold their own with wooten, but if he is gone, the depth is also injured

do i think its possible for cincy to lose a game to a team of texas southern calibur without Cumberland and scott?
that is a easy yes ...
let me remind you that cincy was only up 1 point vs Milwaukee mid 2nd quarter, with all its players healthy (who is drastically worse than tsu)

also
12-06-2018 07:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.