Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NOLA Bowl
Bookmark and Share
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
NOLA Bowl
Haven’t seen MTSU play others than some highlights. They look to be a pass first team and an aggressive high risk/high reward defense.

Who are some of the players App fans should look out for?

For App on offense watch #3 Evans at RB who is a big play guy, 15 runs of over 20 yards this season and WR #2 Sutton who averages 19 yards/catch.

On defense CB #4 Duck was a preseason All-American, doesn’t have great stats this year, but most teams don’t pass his way. I don’t think MTSU will be shy based on their passing attack though. #44 LB Flory is a solid tackler and big hitter.

Of course the wild card in all this is the response losing HC, OC, DC, and chief motivator (S&C coach) to UL.

Looking forward to the game any way, would enjoy a series against you guys as well.
12-11-2018 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
RE: NOLA Bowl
Well, MTSU is vulnerable to the run. If you can establish that, then you have a path to victory. However, Stockstill is probably the most formidable QB in CUSA contrary to what the UNT posters say. That said, if you get hits on him he can get rattled because he is somewhat prone to injury (I’m not convinced he’s anywhere near 100%) but he is a tough mother trucker. Have to give the old man credit where credit is due. Even at 85% he is a better QB than 80% or better of the qbs in the conference.

This could be a really good game. I think it’ll come down to who is deeper on defense and if APP’s players heads are in the game. Losing a coaching staff sucks, but it is NOT an excuse for losing a bowl game.
12-11-2018 11:09 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I don’t think App wins in a close game with new coaches. Also concerned about delay of game and clock management.
12-12-2018 10:03 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I think this will be a fun game to watch. MTSU loves throwing that ball and App does a bit of both pass and run. App's run game can really eat up some teams. If MTSU doesn't have a good run defense it could get messy for them. But App's pass defense better be up for it. Even without Satterfield and his team, I think App takes care of business still.

App - 31
MTSU - 17
12-12-2018 11:58 AM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
That's what you guys beat ULL by and I think we might be better than ULL. I don't know how we'll play. The UAB loss gutted us. If we go through the motions, then yeah, you'll have your way. If we rebound, re-focus and fight through, y'all could have your hands full.

Mobley and Dobson are the x factors for us. Dobson is being integrated into the offense more and more and has next level speed. If he is used in the pass game more, he will be a force. On the flip, our OL is not good and your D-line may have a field day. We will have to get the ball out faster to offset.

I think it will be a good game. I'm hoping it will.
12-12-2018 01:14 PM
Cerebus Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: North Texas
(12-11-2018 11:09 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  However, Stockstill is probably the most formidable QB in CUSA contrary to what the UNT posters say.

[Image: i5a3j2K.gif]

Stockstill is a hell of a QB. Fine is just as good. Any second now a certain LaTech poster will be here to say Fine is ok except he can't throw a deep ball.

[Image: QhNSqSH.jpg]
12-12-2018 01:28 PM
Advertisement

ImfromClayton Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
We played both yall. App has way more talent. Will depend on who wants it more. App has had a bit of turmoil on the coaching end. Could see it going either way.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 01:43 PM by ImfromClayton.)
12-12-2018 01:42 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I think App might win this one, hopefully it wont be a blowout like last year NOLA bowl
12-12-2018 02:28 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(12-12-2018 01:28 PM)Cerebus Wrote:  
(12-11-2018 11:09 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  However, Stockstill is probably the most formidable QB in CUSA contrary to what the UNT posters say.

[Image: i5a3j2K.gif]

Stockstill is a hell of a QB. Fine is just as good. Any second now a certain LaTech poster will be here to say Fine is ok except he can't throw a deep ball.

[Image: QhNSqSH.jpg]

Ohhhh. Goody for you. He’s the best in deep throws. That’s like saying he has the best record of all qb’s in Friday night games in December. THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU!
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2018 02:31 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
12-12-2018 02:31 PM
Cerebus Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-12-2018 02:31 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU!

Then why did you bring us up in the first place? Are you made that our green uniforms look better than yours? Take it up with your equipment manager.
12-12-2018 04:21 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(12-12-2018 04:21 PM)Cerebus Wrote:  
(12-12-2018 02:31 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT YOU!

Then why did you bring us up in the first place? Are you made that our green uniforms look better than yours? Take it up with your equipment manager.

First. Cool story bro. What the hell is that on the side of your helmet? Fingers? And yes, you, keyboard warrior, got me made (sic).

Secondly, I said I THOUGHT that he was the best qb in the conference despite what some of you think. I had a feeling that one of you thread highjackers would chime in and say, “Nuh uh!!!!!!”

And look what happened? You sure did. You came in bleating up a storm. With that, I am done on the topic. This thread had veered far enough off-topic.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2018 10:28 AM by THUNDERStruck73.)
12-12-2018 06:51 PM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
I hope the game does not come down to the "toe".

If so, we are in deep doodoo
12-12-2018 07:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
Get the upset MT
12-13-2018 12:28 AM
BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
If our defense can stop the run; I think MT can take the game. Going to be a tall order.
12-13-2018 09:01 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-12-2018 07:07 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I hope the game does not come down to the "toe".

I assume this a reference to your kicker. Looks like he isn't an option over 40 yards and missed 5 XPs this year.

How's the rest of your special teams?

App has a great KO returner in Evans #3 and streaky PR in Duck #4 (also made poor decisions this year back there).

Our KO coverage has been a weakness as well.
12-13-2018 01:21 PM
Cerebus Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-12-2018 06:51 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  First. Cool story bro. What the hell is that on the side of your helmet? Fingers? And yes, you, keyboard warrior, got me made (sic).

Warning Signs.
---

MT, glad we're playing you again. You were probably the closet thing we had to a rival in the SBC. Go beat the heck out of AppState.
12-13-2018 01:53 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I will be a Big Blue Raider fan and if I could be there I would but my schedule prevents it. I always like to support conference mates. Even Whaaaa Tech.
12-14-2018 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
louisiana_dog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I hope yall enjoy my hometown of New Orleans! Go spend a little on local food, venture Uptown, enjoy yourselves!
12-14-2018 08:20 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I love Mothers. Always a pilgrimage.
12-14-2018 08:28 AM
Blueraider_Mike Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MT
(12-13-2018 01:21 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  
(12-12-2018 07:07 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  I hope the game does not come down to the "toe".

I assume this a reference to your kicker. Looks like he isn't an option over 40 yards and missed 5 XPs this year.

How's the rest of your special teams?

App has a great KO returner in Evans #3 and streaky PR in Duck #4 (also made poor decisions this year back there).

Our KO coverage has been a weakness as well.

Its not that he is a bad kicker its more about the entire unit...many of his misses were because of bad snaps. I would say the unit is trending in the right direction but I would also say Crews doesn't have a big leg so nothing over 45 yards.

We play it conservatively on KR and PR's.
12-14-2018 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.