Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT- My daughter visited UC last weekend...
Billy Bob Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
OT- My daughter visited UC last weekend...
She absolutely loved the campus and is about to turn 3. Will she end up enrolling at UC before ECU Men's Basketball makes it back to the NCAA Tournament? I look forward to your thoughts.
03-01-2019 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
RE: OT- My daughter visited UC last weekend...
(03-01-2019 01:48 PM)Billy Bob Bearcat Wrote:  She absolutely loved the campus and is about to turn 3. Will she end up enrolling at UC before ECU Men's Basketball makes it back to the NCAA Tournament? I look forward to your thoughts.

https://www.csnbbs.com/forum-423.html
03-01-2019 01:57 PM
mikeinoki Offline
Gone to Seed

I Root For: JDB
Good question. Has she shown a propensity toward solving higher math problems or composing symphonies? If not I would probably say no.
03-01-2019 01:57 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(03-01-2019 01:48 PM)Billy Bob Bearcat Wrote:  She absolutely loved the campus and is about to turn 3. Will she end up enrolling at UC before ECU Men's Basketball makes it back to the NCAA Tournament? I look forward to your thoughts.

I think the over-under is 85 years. With that I'm going to say most certainly.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019 02:05 PM by TIGERCITY.)
03-01-2019 01:59 PM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

What were her thoughts on the fact that she has to grow up in Ohio?

Follow-up question - did she enjoy all the homeless camps in and around town? 04-cheers
03-01-2019 02:02 PM
Special Teams

(03-01-2019 01:57 PM)mikeinoki Wrote:  Good question. Has she shown a propensity toward solving higher math problems or composing symphonies? If not I would probably say no.

She seems pretty smart for a toddler. UC has pretty high standards, but at this point I believe she is on track. It might be my bias as a parent though.

I am estimating her eta to UC as 16 years from now (assuming a gap year to be on the safe side). It has been a 26 year drought for ECU. I think Dooley could do it if ECU has the patience to give him 10 years this time.
03-01-2019 02:10 PM
Advertisement

Special Teams

(03-01-2019 02:02 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

Follow-up question - did she enjoy all the homeless camps in and around town? 04-cheers

She is growing up in the fine state of Kentucky, but I appreciate your concern.

We didn't come into contact with any homeless, but I don't know if I like what you are implying. You would think someone who supports a school in the wasteland portion of NC that only has US cellular phone service, would be able to sympathize with the poor. You need to show them compassion and provide the handouts that you can. Similar to what the rest of the AAC does for ECU.
03-01-2019 02:19 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(03-01-2019 02:19 PM)Billy Bob Bearcat Wrote:  

We didn't come into contact with any homeless, but I don't know if I like what you are implying. You would think someone who supports a school in the wasteland portion of NC that only has US cellular phone service, would be able to sympathize with the poor. You need to show them compassion and provide the handouts that you can. Similar to what the rest of the AAC does for ECU.

East NC is gorgeous. Come visit like everyone else from Ohio. Until then, we're all glad that your daughter is growing up on the less rapey side of the river.
03-01-2019 02:30 PM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2019 02:30 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  

East NC is gorgeous. Come visit like everyone else from Ohio. Until then, we're all glad that your daughter is growing up on the less rapey side of the river.

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-01-2019 03:04 PM
Special Teams

(03-01-2019 02:30 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  

Unfortunately I have spent plenty of time in ECU's part of the state. Outside of a platter at Wilber's Barbeque in Goldsboro, I wouldn't call any of it gorgeous.
03-01-2019 03:23 PM
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
ECU fans are reaching farther and farther trying to cling onto something these days...
03-01-2019 03:33 PM
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

You’re obsessed dude. You should go visit your ex-wife with her new husband in Greenville.
03-01-2019 03:38 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(03-01-2019 03:33 PM)stxrunner Wrote:  ECU fans are reaching farther and farther trying to cling onto something these days...

Yeah ECU fans...
03-01-2019 03:39 PM
Special Teams

(03-01-2019 03:33 PM)stxrunner Wrote:  ECU fans are reaching farther and farther trying to cling onto something these days...

I had to specify Men's Basketball, or I am sure they would have tried to work baseball or some other non-revenue sport into their responses. Hell, this discussion has now taken a turn towards the "beauty" of East Carolina when all that was asked is will they make it to the dance in the next 16 years.
03-01-2019 03:48 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

This is clear trolling which means automatic ban. Drain the swamp.
03-01-2019 04:00 PM
Special Teams

(03-01-2019 04:00 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  This is clear trolling which means automatic ban. Drain the swamp.

Do you have an opinion on if ECU will make the tournament in the next 16 years? That isn't a personal assault, but a real thought I had today. Figured I would share with the slow afternoon.
03-01-2019 04:10 PM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

Who started this thread?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10048965]
03-01-2019 04:11 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon

I'm sure this sign was most helpful in finding campus, right?

[Image: 17632448_1486800718017289_37281635952704...e=5CDD974B]
03-01-2019 04:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
OT - My son visited ECU last weekend. He said it sucked.
03-01-2019 04:30 PM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(03-01-2019 03:48 PM)Billy Bob Bearcat Wrote:  

I had to specify Men's Basketball, or I am sure they would have tried to work baseball or some other non-revenue sport into their responses. Hell, this discussion has now taken a turn towards the "beauty" of East Carolina when all that was asked is will they make it to the dance in the next 16 years.

I think mentioning "wasteland" may have turned the conversation a bit, as you are representing a place that many consider to be uninhabitable by man. In fact, Eastern NC probably gets more vacationers from Cincinnati than the entire state of Ohio gets from the entire state of NC, but yeah it's a real sh**hole here at the coast.

Back to the point. Basketball is gay and no, we don't recognize it as a sport. But we are happy to keep wheeling out our cardboard cutouts of Michael Jordan from Home Alone for $5m per year because UC got left for dead by better schools. You're welcome. To answer your question, I'd happily have ECU never make the tournament again as long as the whiny little b**** posts keep coming in to entertain us. Cherry on top if our cardboard Michael Jordans embarrass you and further infuriate your fanbase. That thread was a real treat.

UC admissions said that if your daughter can spell "cat", she's in. They'll accept kat with a K (it's a shrub) as long as she doesn't, adjacent to the spelling, draw a picture of a cat. They wanted to further clarify that if said cat drawing looks anything like a cat, she's also in on an art scholarship.

Love, Pirates

[Image: DwLFl65X0AAtq1T.jpg]
03-01-2019 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.