Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Summit League Championship: Omaha vs North Dakota State
MidWestMidMajor Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MidwestSchools
Summit League Championship: Omaha vs North Dakota State
#1 seed South Dakota State gets tripped up by an inspired #8 seed Western Illinois team (first time ever an 8 beats a 1 in the SL Tourney).
WIU comes back and plays #4 seed North Dakota State tough, but NDSU hangs on for a 3 point victory tonight (Monday).

#2 seed Omaha (in just their 4th year of D1 eligibility) will play in their 2nd tourney championship game tomorrow. They edged #7 seed North Dakota on Saturday, and tonight played #3 seed Purdue Ft. Wayne to a trademark close game, winning by 1 point. During the season Omaha beat PFW in OT in January and by 3 points at home in February. In the 17 times Omaha and PFW have met, the teams have played five games that have gone to overtime. The last nine meetings have all been five-point margins or gone to overtime. Omaha held PFW's 4 time all conference player John Konchar to just 13 points in 36 minutes. Konchar, an NBA prospect, is the first player in NCAA Division I men's basketball history to eclipse 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 500 assists and 200 steals in a career. His 3 point shot at the end of the game was off the mark.

It's #2 seed Omaha vs. #4 seed North Dakota State on Tuesday for the NCAA bid.
During the season Omaha beat NDSU by 13 points at home in January and by 8 points in Fargo in February.
Omaha was picked in the preseason #8 out of the 9 team Summit League. Their 21-10 record earned Omaha HC Derrin Hansen the SL Coach of the Year.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019 10:54 PM by MidWestMidMajor.)
03-11-2019 10:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
RE: Summit League Championship: Omaha vs North Dakota State
Imagine how much Sioux Falls would be hating life if the Summit final was Western Illinois vs. Purdue-Fort Wayne
03-11-2019 10:43 PM
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Well South Dakota State gets one of the first NIT auto-berths
03-11-2019 11:03 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(03-11-2019 10:43 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  Imagine how much Sioux Falls would be hating life if the Summit final was Western Illinois vs. Purdue-Fort Wayne

Imagine being a Leatherneck or Mastadon and your team’s playing for its 1st ever NCAA bid in South Dakota.

Was Leathernecks’ upset of the Jackrabbits the biggest upset of the year? WIU was ~334th pregame.

Omaha has a decent arena (Baxter) but hockey-first. They’ve had an incredible turnaround from last year.

Summit Tournament is the best-kept secret in the country.
03-12-2019 12:14 AM
MidWestMidMajor Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MidwestSchools
North Dakota State goes back to the NCAA tournament winning tonight 73-63. Omaha's center got in foul trouble and had to sit out half of the first stanza. NDSU ran up a lead, hitting 3's like crazy taking a 14 point lead into half-time. Omaha tied the game halfway through the 2nd stanza but couldn't pull away. NDSU hits ten 3's for the game and goes 13 for 15 at the charity stripe. The Dakota State schools continue their domination of the past 8 Summit League tournaments (SDSU 5 championships, NDSU 3 championships).

Congratulations Bison. Go far in the tournament.
03-12-2019 10:01 PM
Advertisement

Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
(03-11-2019 11:03 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Well South Dakota State gets one of the first NIT auto-berths

The NIT is going to be stacked again this year Last year they had #25 ranked St Mary's plus 5 power conference teams that won 21 or more games (Nebraska, Penn State, Mississippi, Oregon & USC)
03-12-2019 10:47 PM
Policiious Offline
All American

I Root For: NU, NIU
Being able to watch F Mike Daum (one of only 8 ncaa division 1 hoops players to score more than 3K points in a career) play will make the NIU Attractive.
03-12-2019 10:48 PM
AuzGrams Offline
1st String

I Root For: Utah, UVU, UNC bb
(03-11-2019 10:43 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  Imagine how much Sioux Falls would be hating life if the Summit final was Western Illinois vs. Purdue-Fort Wayne

Eh, compared to other smaller conferences, Summit League Tournament is actually a fairly big deal it seems in Sioux Falls.
03-13-2019 03:28 AM
CoastalVANDAL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Idaho
Bison are killing it since moving up.
Arena just got renovated 35 million IPF football operations center on the way. The make the tournament about fifty percent of the time. Win the football championship seventy percent of the time.
03-13-2019 07:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.