Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is this likely the last game in Henderson Center this season?
Bookmark and Share
_sturt_ Offline
Irritant-in-Chief to the Whiny 5% (hehe)

I Root For: competence
Conventional wisdom suggests that the CIT final will either be played in the greater Los Angeles area or in Houston.

Anyone have any intel that either affirms or denies that?
03-30-2019 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Is this likely the last game in Henderson Center this season?
(03-30-2019 07:19 PM)_sturt_ Wrote:  Conventional wisdom suggests that the CIT final will either be played in the greater Los Angeles area or in Houston.

Anyone have any intel that either affirms or denies that?

Denied. Per D'Antoni, Marshall will play the CIT championship at home if we are in it.
03-30-2019 07:46 PM
_sturt_ Offline

Interesting, at least to me. So, I'm sure he doesn't want to be proven a liar later, but did he give any insight to his source for saying it?
03-30-2019 07:57 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-30-2019 07:57 PM)_sturt_ Wrote:  Interesting, at least to me. So, I'm sure he doesn't want to be proven a liar later, but did he give any insight to his source for saying it?

We were considered the #1 overall seed in this little thing and just like the numbnuts up north in their lil tourney, we were guaranteed to play at home as long as we won.

One thing to consider the CIT takes overall attendance into account also and the closest to even come to Marshall's attendance was ETSU (3019, Marshall just over 6700) who got beat by Green Bay in the 1st round.
03-30-2019 08:49 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(03-30-2019 07:57 PM)_sturt_ Wrote:  Interesting, at least to me. So, I'm sure he doesn't want to be proven a liar later, but did he give any insight to his source for saying it?

Even when you're being basically innocuous you sound like a tool. I didn't think that was possible. Can't you just say "mistaken" instead of "proven a liar." Worlds apart in tone and meaning.
03-30-2019 11:09 PM
_sturt_ Offline

(03-30-2019 11:09 PM)MUther Wrote:  

Even when you're being basically innocuous you sound like a tool. I didn't think that was possible. Can't you just say "mistaken" instead of "proven a liar." Worlds apart in tone and meaning.

I'm not sure what innocuous means. Can you help me out?

More seriously, I swear, sometimes a person can just try to have an innocent conversation with other people, but it stimulates some to chime in with whatever "smart" remarks they can generate in the pursuit of asserting their own superiority.

I wish one day I could sit across from some of these people and just ask "What's your damn problem?," and get a straight answer. There's no excuse for grown ass adults to need this kind of reassurance that they matter.

Most of us come to something like this to debate content and substance. Or, as in this case, to just ask an honest question, and get some information, and even maybe ask a follow-up to understand the source. But when you start the personal attack crap, sure maybe a few similarly-postured friends chuckle, but how can you be so oblivious to how juvenile and petty... and, ironically enough, fighting your own inferiority complex... you come off?

Patently ridiculous.

And circling back to the point of the thread....

Not every Herd fan can say he's been a D'Antoni proponent from Day One, but I'm one of those. To try to twist my phrasing to suggest I was passively aggressively taking a shot at him is its own kind of twisted. Rather, it's a legitimate question to ask the first question. It's also legitimate to ask for the basis/primary sourcing for whatever answer comes back... mind you, I know every single Marshall fan is too intelligent to ever do this, but I've heard of others' fans taking as-gospel what other fans have told them they heard, or what some local columnist said his "sources" told him, only to find out later that it wasn't actually so.

Go stalk someone else. And you should be careful as you do that. They don't appear to be nearly as content to put up with your mfing anti-Christ attack posts, or to be moved by any whiny mob efforts.

I'm just here to talk substance. Maybe ask a question here and there. Maybe challenge arguments on occasion.

But disrespecting people and sermonizing to them about how they ought to word their sentences and questions isn't on my agenda. I'm content to just be average, neither superior nor inferior. What the hell does superiority on some internet message board do for anyone anyway? I dunno.

Superiority of argument is a whole other thing though. Sometimes, one argument is better than another. Sometimes, a certain way of thinking or behavior is superior to another. Those are conversations we come to places like this to have, and legitimately so. But insult contests? Pretending that one person's "idiot" insult is worth 20 points, and the other person's "clown" insult is worth 10? That's it's own commentary on the people who go in for that kind of thing.
03-31-2019 12:43 AM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says it is 50/50
03-31-2019 06:34 AM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
TSU isn't hosting it. They've played 4 straight road games in the tournament, and basically never host any non-conference games anyway in men's basketball.

I'm not sure why Los Angeles would be considered a host when TSU (Houston) is the closest team of the Final Four. Now Green Bay could host, but I suspect Marshall will be the host if they keep winning.
03-31-2019 07:45 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(03-31-2019 07:45 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  TSU isn't hosting it. They've played 4 straight road games in the tournament, and basically never host any non-conference games anyway in men's basketball.

I'm not sure why Los Angeles would be considered a host when TSU (Houston) is the closest team of the Final Four. Now Green Bay could host, but I suspect Marshall will be the host if they keep winning.

Pay no attention to _sturt_ the man behind the curtain. There is a reason he has been banned from everywhere but the smack board on HerdFans.

He likes to make outrageous claims or controversial topics, set back and watch the chaos and then say he didn't mean it that way.
03-31-2019 10:17 AM
_sturt_ Offline

Pray tell, where else was I "banned"... other than HF... what all does this "everywhere" consist of?

That's a hoot. Because it's just more of the same nonsense.

It's when people exaggerate that you know they care more about pushing their agenda than dealing with facts and reality... and so, to hell with their own integrity.

And I've said as much as I have to say bout the whiny mob and Dale Wolfrod. I'm satisfied that intelligent people who bother to care understand the whole of that picture, and the reasons why there evolved such disinterest in treating posters by one same standard.

And. "Outrageous"... you mean like this time? I'm the one who made an outrageous claim? ... hehe... well, if you can sell your previous exaggeration, maybe you can sell that fallacy, too.

And. Speaking of "the man behind the curtain," who are you? I'm sturt. I'm a known quantity. I've always been sturt. Some even know me in real life and by my real name. Otherwise, I know MUther. I know 24. Those are the whiny 5% posters I know here. I don't know a "HerdZoned" at HF. Not that it would matter to me, except that you again raise a point of irony, being that you yourself are totally unidentified. Wait. Don't answer that. I don't care. My only point is the hypocrisy embedded when a person lurking behind a curtain shakes his finger at someone else for, supposedly, hiding behind a curtain.

For the record, this is very typical of the history over at HF though...

Someone takes issue with something said, but then instead of seizing on the thing said, they self-evidently feel impotent to make an opposing argument (as-if there was ever even any "opposing" argument to be made in this thread, given that the OP and the follow-up only asked for information, and never even proposed anything to debate)... so, they opt for insult contest crap... knowing that there's a sufficient number of posters who actually take insult contest crap as meaningful... and thus... accomplishing their apparent goal to lay claim to superiority.

Any entertainment value that those posts used to provide to me is now exhausted. It used to be more than entertainment, though. It used to matter to me to have regular, serious, often long and drawn-out discussions about Marshall athletics... why?... because there was a time when I thought Marshall as an institution and as a fan base used to want to matter on the national stage. I could be wrong, but it's my perception that that's not the case now... and hasn't been the case since the decision to be content with CUSA 3.0.

So, that's why, if one bothers to look, s/he sees that I almost never post anything here (or anywhere else), particularly so where it concerns anything Marshall-centric, and really have curtailed all of my social media conversations period... actually that goes back to November 2016 when I lost a close professional friend just 4 years older than me to a heart attack... came to my senses and decided the investment of time I'd given to posting on internet boards was too much. Far too much. I made some life adjustments, both vocationally and avocationally, and I'm now invested much more so in the things that matter to making real life and real people better. Some things matter. Some things, not so much.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 11:35 AM by _sturt_.)
03-31-2019 11:21 AM
_sturt_ Offline

(03-31-2019 07:45 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  TSU isn't hosting it. They've played 4 straight road games in the tournament, and basically never host any non-conference games anyway in men's basketball.

I see now that I misread that... Green Bay beat Bakersfield. My bad.

I think you're almost certainly right that it doesn't make much sense that TSU would host if they haven't hosted anything yet.

But of course, if they did, the argument would have to be that TSU has a whole lot more population to draw from than they do in Huntington, and they think they have reason to suspect that, for a "championship" game, TSU alums and just southern Houston in general would make it a sell-out.

Looks like both schools' arenas are about 8000 capacity.

Intriguing, that Green Bay's facility is 10,000+, but for the Bakersfield game, the listed attendance was 1822.... ugh. Wonder if CIT can survive if that's been typical.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 11:52 AM by _sturt_.)
03-31-2019 11:47 AM
Advertisement

ThunderingHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I nominate this thread for the most random, out of nowhere drivel of the year.
03-31-2019 11:51 AM
_sturt_ Offline

(03-31-2019 11:51 AM)ThunderingHerdFan Wrote:  I nominate this thread for the most random, out of nowhere drivel of the year.

If you're referencing the side-bar conversations, that's plausible as a nominee. The OP, though, is self-evidently relevant if you're a Marshall alum/fan.

I'd say this one... and those who contributed to it... probably take the cake in terms of "random" as far as I looked just now...

https://csnbbs.com/thread-738231.html

But it would be a fun poll. Maybe you should start a thread on that.
03-31-2019 11:59 AM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
I can't believe he hasn't been banned here yet too.

Ignoring him is the best thing ever. But occasionally i see his dang threads created and laugh because its always narcissistic drivel.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 05:13 PM by goherd24herdfans.)
03-31-2019 01:34 PM
_sturt_ Offline

Original post:

(03-31-2019 01:34 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  I can't believe he hasn't been banned here yet too.

I bet you can't.

If there's something superior about me above you and your buds, it's that I'd take a stand for fairness even if it meant defending you, one of the most prolific antagonistic stalkers who've ever shown up on a Herd-related board. In fact, I can't recall the topic, but I'm almost certain I did that at least once, maybe twice in the past.

Like I said, I don't post that often anymore anywhere anyway. But most admins and most mods, if nothing else, think it's both important to publish guidelines for posting AND for those guidelines to be followed consistently. Regardless of the username. Flaming, be it from sturt, or 24, or MUther, or anyone else, gets your car pulled over. And the fine, too, is assessed based on the guidelines, blind to the username. That's just standard virtually anywhere else on any other board than that other one.

Edited post:

(03-31-2019 01:34 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Ignoring him is the best thing ever. But occasionally i see his dang threads created and laugh because its always narcissistic drivel.

So, you think there are people who read that, and are persuaded... evidently just because you say so... that you're ignoring?

Self-deceived much?

And, then, let me get this straight... I'm the narcissist... but you think it's important that people know that you laugh, so much so, that you take time to edit your post so all your fans know that you're laughing.

hehe

Yeah. I'm the narcissist.

The real question is whether you work this hard to label me as a matter of distraction because you are, at least, self-aware enough to know that about yourself... or if you truly are just that self-deluded and oblivious.

Hard to know one way or another.

I leave you with this. Check the posts for yourself, if it eluded you before: The conversation is never is about me, until you, MUther or one of your buds start the personal attack crap. You make it about me to the degree that it's ever about me. Otherwise, it would never be about me because I'm only talking about substance. Suffice it to say, part of why you so despise me is that, from early on, and why you continue to stalk me even now, is that I've called attention to how you're the opposite of that. You repeatedly make it about you... even to the point of making other very innocent people related to Marshall athletics look bad... even to the point of making crap up in order to esteem yourself. I'm not going into it here. No interest. Serves no actual purpose. But you... and maybe Rockhead's family... and maybe the Dobson family... know exactly what I'm talking about.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2019 09:45 PM by _sturt_.)
03-31-2019 01:50 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says Marshall fans like to toss insults and beer cans.
03-31-2019 07:04 PM
Advertisement

Goherd73 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

CIT gets $25,000 from each home team for each game. Anything above this is profit for the home team. It may be a little higher for semi and final, don't know. Marshall has made a nice little profit from these games.
03-31-2019 10:24 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
The answer to the OP question is “no”.

We are now in the postseason.

All games from this season were completed prior to the CUSA tournament.

The last game played at the Henderson Center this season was March 9, a win against visiting FAU.
03-31-2019 10:29 PM
_sturt_ Offline

When they write the Wikipedia story of the 2018-19 season, it will include the team's regular and post season... no? Any team's.

Regardless, I'm satisfied that I got an answer.
03-31-2019 11:09 PM
_sturt_ Offline

Go Herd! Beat the Packers!
04-03-2019 11:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.