Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ranking the CUSA stadiums (or is it stadia?)
Bookmark and Share
_sturt_ Offline
Irritant-in-Chief to the Whiny 5% (hehe)

I Root For: competence
Ranking the CUSA stadiums (or is it stadia?)
[Image: 2019-06-07_1725.png]

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/6/6...-tech-utsa

Spoiler: There's a reason Mike Hamrick liked this. :)
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019 05:28 PM by _sturt_.)
06-07-2019 05:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
RE: Ranking the CUSA stadiums (or is it stadia?)
Meh, i dunno. The Joan is showing her age. We really need to tear down the upper end zone sears and put a concession stand, restrooms, and a big party deck. All other restrooms need an upgrade.

Fan experience is a plus as is atmosphere, but i could see 2-4 other stadiums in the 1 slot.
06-07-2019 05:42 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
Second spoiler. The stadium on the cover is one of the worst in CUSA.
06-07-2019 05:52 PM
Reggie Favre Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
This guy is an idiot
06-07-2019 06:06 PM
_sturt_ Offline
Irritant-in-Chief to the Whiny 5% (hehe)

I Root For: competence
(06-07-2019 05:42 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Meh, i dunno. The Joan is showing her age. We really need to tear down the upper end zone sears and put a concession stand, restrooms, and a big party deck. All other restrooms need an upgrade.

Fan experience is a plus as is atmosphere, but i could see 2-4 other stadiums in the 1 slot.

Struck, on a different note, why aren't you a mod already?
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019 06:15 PM by _sturt_.)
06-07-2019 06:15 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(06-07-2019 06:15 PM)_sturt_ Wrote:  
(06-07-2019 05:42 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Meh, i dunno. The Joan is showing her age. We really need to tear down the upper end zone sears and put a concession stand, restrooms, and a big party deck. All other restrooms need an upgrade.

Struck, on a different note, why aren't you a mod already?

I am. My name is in blue
06-07-2019 06:41 PM
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
Negatives: The tailgate scene can be lacking, especially in comparison to the rest of the conference. Additionally, Texas (surprise) is known to be hot.

This guy notes that basically ever program in C-USA suffers from lack of attendance. I think our tailgates are great. I enjoy tailgating on the rolling hills of a golf course, versus an asphalt parking lot.

Apogee’s design doesn’t provide for much escape from the heat, and as a result attendance for early season games in September and October can suffer as a result.

I can't lie. I've seen old people carried out of the stands during games in September. It does get hot.

Fan Perspective: Fans noted the sales of beer (as various C-USA stadiums allow) as a positive, along with the selection of over 15-plus beers for sale. Also, the student section has been filled in make up about a third of the seating and has reached in excess of 10,000 students at points during last season.

Don't tell that WKU fan, he swears we never had that many students at our games.

I don't know if we have the 2nd best stadium in C-USA, but I like it.

On a side note....

Although it is only 8 years old Apogee is going to get a renovation. With our new indoor practice facility scheduled to open this season, our administration is setting their sights on expanding our athletic center, which will include some upgrades for Apogee.

The athletic center in the south end zone will expand closer to the playing field, which will alter the player entrance to the field, and video board. The facade of the athletic center appears like it will be a smooth chrome metal, with either mirrored windows, or green tinted mirrored windows.

The program is also getting a new locker room out of the deal too. It will be larger than the current locker room, and have a subterranean entrance ramp to the stadium. Based on the recent locker room up grade our basketball team got, the new football locker room should be very nice (Yes, those are TVs above each locker).

https://twitter.com/meangreenmbb/status/...1162534913

Like I said, because of the athletic center is growing toward the stadium, the large video board will have to go. It will be replaced with 4 of about the same size, which will be placed in each of the corners of the end zones.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019 07:53 PM by Side Show Joe.)
06-07-2019 07:51 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(06-07-2019 07:51 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Negatives: The tailgate scene can be lacking, especially in comparison to the rest of the conference. Additionally, Texas (surprise) is known to be hot.

This guy notes that basically ever program in C-USA suffers from lack of attendance. I think our tailgates are great. I enjoy tailgating on the rolling hills of a golf course, versus an asphalt parking lot.

Apogee’s design doesn’t provide for much escape from the heat, and as a result attendance for early season games in September and October can suffer as a result.

I can't lie. I've seen old people carried out of the stands during games in September. It does get hot.

Fan Perspective: Fans noted the sales of beer (as various C-USA stadiums allow) as a positive, along with the selection of over 15-plus beers for sale. Also, the student section has been filled in make up about a third of the seating and has reached in excess of 10,000 students at points during last season.

Don't tell that WKU fan, he swears we never had that many students at our games.

I don't know if we have the 2nd best stadium in C-USA, but I like it.

On a side note....

Although it is only 8 years old Apogee is going to get a renovation. With our new indoor practice facility scheduled to open this season, our administration is setting their sights on expanding our athletic center, which will include some upgrades for Apogee.

The athletic center in the south end zone will expand closer to the playing field, which will alter the player entrance to the field, and video board. The facade of the athletic center appears like it will be a smooth chrome metal, with either mirrored windows, or green tinted mirrored windows.

The program is also getting a new locker room out of the deal too. It will be larger than the current locker room, and have a subterranean entrance ramp to the stadium. Based on the recent locker room up grade our basketball team got, the new football locker room should be very nice (Yes, those are TVs above each locker).

https://twitter.com/meangreenmbb/status/...1162534913

Like I said, because of the athletic center is growing toward the stadium, the large video board will have to go. It will be replaced with 4 of about the same size, which will be placed in each of the corners of the end zones.

That's what worries me about the NFL network games in September. Afternoon games in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama in September are "no bueno". I'll be able to fry an egg on my bleacher seat for Tech's game against Grambling on Sept. 7th. It will affect attendance for the older people for sure, hopefully no one has a heat stroke. No problem with afternoon games in late October and November though. Still glad we have the NFL network games but it's going to be brutal in September.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019 09:41 PM by deb025.)
06-07-2019 09:38 PM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
Rice Stadium definitely needs help. I'm not surprised to see it ranked so low. The east upper deck needs to be removed. That would bring capacity to about 30k, perfect for Rice crowds. A canopy could then be built to shade all the lower east seating from the sun.
06-08-2019 12:23 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(06-08-2019 12:23 AM)Ourland Wrote:  Rice Stadium definitely needs help. I'm not surprised to see it ranked so low. The east upper deck needs to be removed. That would bring capacity to about 30k, perfect for Rice crowds. A canopy could then be built to shade all the lower east seating from the sun.

really03-lmfao03-lmfao

you must be talking about once a year,,,if Baylor or Houston is playing
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2019 12:43 AM by WKUYG.)
06-08-2019 12:41 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

Agree Guns, but what was up with busting my ballz earlier??? Lol
06-08-2019 01:05 AM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

Oh, and props to Stuart!
06-08-2019 01:06 AM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

(06-08-2019 12:41 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(06-08-2019 12:23 AM)Ourland Wrote:  Rice Stadium definitely needs help. I'm not surprised to see it ranked so low. The east upper deck needs to be removed. That would bring capacity to about 30k, perfect for Rice crowds. A canopy could then be built to shade all the lower east seating from the sun.

really03-lmfao03-lmfao

you must be talking about once a year,,,if Baylor or Houston is playing

Yes I am. Those crowds draw about 25 -30k. We also play the military academies and power conference opponents at home with regularity. When we're winning, we average about 15-17k for our conference games. That's really not bad at all for a very small private school in an NFL city. It's actually pretty good. We have fewer than 40k living alumni.
06-08-2019 02:00 AM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

Did a USM alum steal the writer’s wife or something? The Rock at #9 in C-USA? Oh my.
06-08-2019 08:35 AM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(06-08-2019 08:35 AM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  Did a USM alum steal the writer’s wife or something? The Rock at #9 in C-USA? Oh my.

totally agree! i drove to pensacola from denton last year and swung by your campus. loved the stadium and how it was sort of connected to the dorm right behind it. thought the road under the home side was cool. luckily, the gates we not locked or up and i walked right into the endzone area and could take it the massive stadium...it was very cool.
06-08-2019 09:47 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
That's about the dumbest ranking I've ever read. The rock at #9?? Joe Aillett ranked HIGHER than the Rock? Lol geez...
06-08-2019 10:08 AM
Advertisement

Ourland Offline
Heisman

The Rock should be in the top 3.
06-08-2019 10:27 AM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(06-08-2019 10:08 AM)TTT Wrote:  That's about the dumbest ranking I've ever read. The rock at #9?? Joe Aillett ranked HIGHER than the Rock? Lol geez...

Don't hate. Elevate.
06-08-2019 11:00 AM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
(06-08-2019 10:27 AM)Ourland Wrote:  The Rock should be in the top 3.

Agreed. I've been to 10 of the 14.
06-08-2019 03:43 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

Don't hate. Elevate.
[/quote]

You are joking, right? If they were talking out the coliseum, that would be too high. For football, waaay low.

You are a LaTech fan joking with that, right? When you can look up from under the bleachers at a university, you should be joking.
06-08-2019 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.