Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Tells Congresswomen to 'Go Back' to the Countries They Came From
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
President Trump on Sunday lashed out at a group of progressive Democrats, saying the female lawmakers should ''go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came'' before criticizing policies in the U.S.
''So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,'' Trump said in an early morning string of tweets.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/14/trump-tell...countries/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019...ip-vpx.cnn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...edirect=on

Quote:Broadly, Mr. Trump’s attack was meant for members of the so-called squad, a group engaged in an existential and generational war of words with Ms. Pelosi: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna S. Pressley of Massachusetts.

“These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough,” Mr. Trump said. “I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

Only one of the women, Ms. Omar, who is from Somalia, was born outside the United States. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez was born in the Bronx to parents of Puerto Rican descent. Ms. Pressley, who is black, was born in Cincinnati and raised in Chicago. And Ms. Tlaib was born in Detroit to Palestinian immigrants.
Ms. Omar and Ms. Tlaib are far from the only congressional lawmakers who immigrated to the United States or were born to immigrant parents. In the House, there are currently 52 voting members who are immigrants or children of immigrants and 16 in the Senate — most of them Democrats — according to a Pew Research Center analysis from this year.

Pelosi response:

Quote:When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to “Make America Great Again” has always been about making America white again.

Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power.

Any posters here wanna defend DJT here? Seems like more petty and unpresidential behavior to me.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019 12:00 PM by JDTulane.)
07-14-2019 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Trump Tells Congresswomen to 'Go Back' to the Countries They Came From
(07-14-2019 11:55 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  President Trump on Sunday lashed out at a group of progressive Democrats, saying the female lawmakers should ''go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came'' before criticizing policies in the U.S.
''So interesting to see 'Progressive' Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run,'' Trump said in an early morning string of tweets.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/14/trump-tell...countries/

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019...ip-vpx.cnn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...edirect=on

Quote:Broadly, Mr. Trump’s attack was meant for members of the so-called squad, a group engaged in an existential and generational war of words with Ms. Pelosi: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna S. Pressley of Massachusetts.

“These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough,” Mr. Trump said. “I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!”

Only one of the women, Ms. Omar, who is from Somalia, was born outside the United States. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez was born in the Bronx to parents of Puerto Rican descent. Ms. Pressley, who is black, was born in Cincinnati and raised in Chicago. And Ms. Tlaib was born in Detroit to Palestinian immigrants.
Ms. Omar and Ms. Tlaib are far from the only congressional lawmakers who immigrated to the United States or were born to immigrant parents. In the House, there are currently 52 voting members who are immigrants or children of immigrants and 16 in the Senate — most of them Democrats — according to a Pew Research Center analysis from this year.

Pelosi response:

Quote:When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to “Make America Great Again” has always been about making America white again.

Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power.

Any posters here wanna defend DJT here? Seems like more petty and unpresidential behavior to me.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-879076.html
You vanished from this troll thread you created, what happened.
07-14-2019 12:01 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
I agree with Trump. Don't come into this country from a shithole and try to turn it into a similar shithole.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
07-14-2019 12:03 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(07-14-2019 12:03 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  I agree with Trump. Don't come into this country from a shithole and try to turn it into a similar shithole.

-AOC was born in the Bronx.

-Ayanna Pressley was born in Cincinnati.

-Rashida Tlaib was born in Detroit.

-Ilhan Omar is a US citizen, and has been here since 1992, when she was 10
07-14-2019 12:09 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
An alt-left antifa democrat answered the calls of said Congresswomen and committed an act of terror on an ICE facility yesterday, and OP makes a thread about mean words.

Trump has the moral high ground here.
07-14-2019 12:10 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

(07-14-2019 12:10 PM)Kronke Wrote:  An alt-left antifa democrat answered the calls of said Congresswomen and committed an act of terror on an ICE facility yesterday, and OP makes a thread about mean words.

DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT!!!!!!!!

Nice try to topic change.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019 12:25 PM by JDTulane.)
07-14-2019 12:24 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-14-2019 12:10 PM)Kronke Wrote:  An alt-left antifa democrat answered the calls of said Congresswomen and committed an act of terror on an ICE facility yesterday, and OP makes a thread about mean words.

Yeah. Democrats should hitch their wagon to these idiots. Good luck with that.

Trump will have them admitting they hate America before he is finished goading these witless morons
07-14-2019 12:26 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
He went a bit to far here. I think only one of the crew was born in another place

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
07-14-2019 12:47 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Absolutely the President is right. As he usually is.
07-14-2019 12:47 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(07-14-2019 12:26 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Yeah. Democrats should hitch their wagon to these idiots. Good luck with that.

Trump will have them admitting they hate America before he is finished goading these witless morons

This

And he is 100% correct. Go back and take Pelosi with you
07-14-2019 12:48 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(07-14-2019 12:03 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  I agree with Trump. Don't come into this country from a shithole and try to turn it into a similar shithole.

They certainly should not be trying to make the US like the run down one party crime infested areas they come from.
07-14-2019 01:09 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I hope they take his advice.
07-14-2019 01:40 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Solid advice to me.
07-14-2019 01:50 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(07-14-2019 12:09 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  

-AOC was born in the Bronx.

-Ayanna Pressley was born in Cincinnati.

-Rashida Tlaib was born in Detroit.

-Ilhan Omar is a US citizen, and has been here since 1992, when she was 10

Then one would think they’d be grateful to the greatest nation on earth that allowed their parents to escape those schithole countries and make a new life for themselves and their children here.

Instead? B!tch, moan, complain and try to wreck our systems and institutions from within.

Thanks, no thanks.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019 02:00 PM by JMUDunk.)
07-14-2019 01:58 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
I agree with him. Go back and take JDT with ya. JDT could use a little real world experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019 02:00 PM by B_Hawk06.)
07-14-2019 02:00 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I 100% agree they should go back to the counties they were elected from. And stay there.
07-14-2019 02:33 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(07-14-2019 11:55 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  Any posters here wanna defend DJT here? Seems like more petty and unpresidential behavior to me.

No need to defend Trump here... this is the insanity of the left....

From the CNN article

Trump did not name who he was attacking in Sunday's tirade

So the fact that we're listing these 4 women as potential targets is someone else's supposition, for which Trump is not responsible.

The other indefensible thing is the interpretation of 'go back to where you came from'...

From the article: Trump implied in the series of tweets that the congresswomen weren't born in America (no he didn't, but the reader did assume and infer that)

and sarcastically suggested, "they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

So the issue isn't about what Trump said (just as it rarely is) but about what some others have implied or inferred that he said.

CNN is running an ad right now about 'this is an apple'... facts first... and it shows that they clearly don't understand the issue of fake news.

Trump says, when Mexico opens their prisons and sends those people here, they aren't sending us their best people... or that MS-13 members are animals or that illegal immigrants are a problem that is what he said. That is the fact. If someone then claims that he said immigrants are a problem, or Mexicans who come here aren't the best people or are animals...

those are NOT facts.

So....

The actual quote from Trump (and it's in the article) is
“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how​ it is done​,”

Which is nothing like 'go back where you came from'. It sure isn't about 'making America more white' if he's telling them to go and then come back. That's a very blatant lie. Where is the outrage over that?

So why is the latter the headline for an article carrying the former?

THAT to me is 'fake news'... about creating opinions rather than reporting facts.
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2019 02:40 PM by Hambone10.)
07-14-2019 02:38 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
(07-14-2019 02:38 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(07-14-2019 11:55 AM)JDTulane Wrote:  Any posters here wanna defend DJT here? Seems like more petty and unpresidential behavior to me.

No need to defend Trump here... this is the insanity of the left....

From the CNN article

Trump did not name who he was attacking in Sunday's tirade

So the fact that we're listing these 4 women as potential targets is someone else's supposition, for which Trump is not responsible.

The other indefensible thing is the interpretation of 'go back to where you came from'...

From the article: Trump implied in the series of tweets that the congresswomen weren't born in America (no he didn't, but the reader did assume and infer that)

and sarcastically suggested, "they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

So the issue isn't about what Trump said (just as it rarely is) but about what some others have implied or inferred that he said.

CNN is running an ad right now about 'this is an apple'... facts first... and it shows that they clearly don't understand the issue of fake news.

Trump says, when Mexico opens their prisons and sends those people here, they aren't sending us their best people... or that MS-13 members are animals or that illegal immigrants are a problem that is what he said. That is the fact. If someone then claims that he said immigrants are a problem, or Mexicans who come here aren't the best people or are animals...

those are NOT facts.

So....

The actual quote from Trump (and it's in the article) is
“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how​ it is done​,”

Which is nothing like 'go back where you came from'. It sure isn't about 'making America more white' if he's telling them to go and then come back. That's a very blatant lie. Where is the outrage over that?

So why is the latter the headline for an article carrying the former?

THAT to me is 'fake news'... about creating opinions rather than reporting facts.

I generally appreciate your willingness to actually engage unlike most here, but this..idk.

He didn't name them? Who are the "progressive Democrat Congresswomen" for whom Pelosi would happily work out travel arrangements? This feud with Pelosi has been ALL OVER the news. I guess your point is that news orgs shouldn't infer, but it isn't insanity for the left to figure out who he's very obviously talking about.

You also left out where he said they "originally came from countries where the government is a complete and total catastrophe". Which is simply false as outside of one who immigrated at a young age these congresswomen were born here, so how did they "come from somewhere else"? We all know what he's driving at, but that's cool for the President to say?

I get that you aren't explicitly defending the comments, but you did say "no need to defend Trump". So it makes me curious what you actually think of these comments. Ignoring what the MSM says, who do you think he was referring to and what was his point?

And really, is the media not allowed to make conclusions that are honestly pretty obvious? I can see your point regarding "go back where they came from" being too strong. And I thought the MS-13 animals comment wss blown out of proportion. This one just seems so.. obvious.
07-14-2019 02:58 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Let Trump keep opening up his big mouth. It puts Harris (or Biden or Mayor Pete or Warren) one step closer to the White House in 2020.

And to think I actually said a few years ago Trump wasn't racist (sexist maybe but I gave him the benefit of the doubt on racism).

Let's see, there are approximately 16 months between now and Election Day. That's roughly 70 or so Sunday mornings where he can tweet ridiculous crap that will get most good, honest Americans fed up. The 20-30 folks on this site who keep supporting him can't vote him in by themselves. Thankfully, reasonable Americans will get to make the choice instead.
07-14-2019 03:06 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
As the old saying goes .... "Home is where the heart is".

Their heart doesn't appear to be here, regardless of where they live or where they were born.
07-14-2019 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.