Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Birds aren't real
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Birds aren't real
https://wreg.com/2019/07/18/every-tweet-...billboard/

Quote:A new movement is accusing politicians of spreading lies through tweets — literally.

This month, a billboard that reads “Birds Aren’t Real” went up on the Highland Strip near the University of Memphis. According to one Memphis man, it’s part of a movement to educate people on a mass government surveillance program that replaced birds with drones.

That may sound like a joke to some, but don’t tell that to Peter McIndoe.

This Big Brother (or would it be Big Bird?) theory is that beginning in 1959, the United States government started killing off all birds in the country while simultaneously replacing them with identical, undercover surveillance drones — what we now call “birds.” Believers say that footage is used to monitor all Americans every day.

McIndoe, who is from Arkansas and said he moved to Memphis to become a “full-time activist,” said he didn’t start the movement, but around 2015, he joined because he always had a “distrust” of the feathered beings. He wanted to spread that message further than the stickers or posters, so he put up the billboard in Memphis.

Quote:McIndoe said other “bird truthers” have come to Memphis just to see the billboard. He also said other people think it’s all a joke.

“We don’t find this humorous,” he said. “This is a serious issue. And this is something where we’re trying to spread awareness of unconsensual surveillance happening on a mass level. Birds are lying to them every day. Every tweet by a bird is a lie.”

Quote:“I consider myself to be a normal American,” McIndoe said. “I wake up in the morning, brush my teeth, wash my car, and I have an avid disbelief in avian beings.”

He said the government-controlled bird drones use power lines as “charging units” to power up, and birds that are eaten — like chicken and turkey — are actually synthetic meat alternatives.

“I knew I had to give my all to the movement, so I abandoned everything,” he said. “I left my friends. I abandoned my family. I have not spoken to them since, and I made the truth my family.”

Quote:He said this is just a phenomenon in the U.S., and it’s a reason for the distrust of the U.S. government.

“Sometimes I’ll travel internationally just to breathe that drone-free air,” he said. “Sometimes I’ll go to the Himalayas, look around at all the real birds there. It gives me this warmth, this feeling of hope, for what this country could be if we can fight back, change legislation and get these drones out of here and the real birds back in.”

McIndoe’s activism may be raising awareness. The amount of Google searches for the terms “birds aren’t real” and “are birds real” drastically increased around the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019.

These people have the same voting rights you do.

[Image: NsDqohc.jpg]
07-20-2019 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ArmyBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
RE: Birds aren't real
You know, if the government were actually able to replace all the birds, I wouldn't even be bothered by it. That's just impressive. At least they are making our tax dollars work.
07-21-2019 06:38 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
We do manage to get some wackos in Memphis. #memphomaniacs
07-21-2019 07:17 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
So when I shot and grilled those quail, I was eating circuit boards? Didn't taste like it.
07-21-2019 11:33 AM
banker Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(07-21-2019 11:33 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  So when I shot and grilled those quail, I was eating circuit boards? Didn't taste like it.

Yeah, first rule of conspiracy theories is don't have one that is easily disproven by anyone with a slingshot or BB gun.
07-21-2019 12:47 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-21-2019 06:38 AM)ArmyBlazer Wrote:  You know, if the government were actually able to replace all the birds, I wouldn't even be bothered by it. That's just impressive. At least they are making our tax dollars work.

If they wanted to spy on us wouldn't they have replaced roaches and ants? They are omnipresent and it would be easier to mimic their actions robotically and they don't fly South in the winter! But then of course the birds might eat them. As for eating the synthetic chicken wouldn't that be more effective than say an endoscopy or colonoscopy and isn't the eventual destination of the sewer a waste literally of taxpayer's dollars?

Perhaps the real end game here is psychotherapy for those paranoid of nature.
07-21-2019 01:04 PM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Synthetic chicken. I guess that's why chicken biggest are shaped that way.
07-21-2019 01:12 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
I have a woodpecker in a tree behind the house that looks very sketchy.
07-21-2019 07:10 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(07-21-2019 07:10 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I have a woodpecker in a tree behind the house that looks very sketchy.
It's merely a distraction. The real enemy is the tree!
07-21-2019 07:19 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(07-21-2019 07:17 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  We do manage to get some wackos in Memphis. #memphomaniacs

We know...and some work in pharmacys.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2019 07:24 PM by olliebaba.)
07-21-2019 07:23 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(07-21-2019 07:19 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(07-21-2019 07:10 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  I have a woodpecker in a tree behind the house that looks very sketchy.
It's merely a distraction. The real enemy is the tree!

Damn..Maybe thats why it has bored thousands of holes it. I need to go check for microcameras in those holes.
07-21-2019 07:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.