Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

(REAL NEWS) US-China Trade War
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(REAL NEWS) US-China Trade War
Back to reality for a moment among the continued farce that is the open impeachment hearings. YOUR President Trump has shown that continued pressure on China is working in the ongoing trade war.

China has committed to lifting a 5-year ban on US poultry as African swine flu has decimated Chinese pork production. This is part of the $40-50 Billion commitment each year of US agricultural proucts - A ROUGHLY 100% increase from the peak us farm exports to China of $25 billion in 2016.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump-get...with-china
11-15-2019 01:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: (REAL NEWS) US-China Trade War
I've said it too many times.....when you got 'em by the balls, you keep squeezing....

tariffs were the only REAL option as the USD's long term friend to help achieve fair and REAL international trade deals after decades of fail from both sides of the aisle....

it's a good first pass.....let's see how it progresses moving forward to see if a more permanent and soluble solution(s) can be derived moving forward...

they need us more than we need them....however, it's in all global interests that we partner in an equitable fashion...
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019 01:27 PM by stinkfist.)
11-15-2019 01:24 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Sorry to burst your bubble - nobody cares about anything positive or concrete that our president accomplishes.

So tell me more about what your brother's, friend's, sister heard from her dad who heard that President Trump made a phone call about? That is the real stuff 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
11-15-2019 01:51 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-15-2019 01:51 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Sorry to burst your bubble - nobody on the left or the msm cares about anything positive or concrete that our president accomplishes.

So tell me more about what your brother's, friend's, sister heard from her dad who heard that President Trump made a phone call about? That is the real stuff 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

addendum fify... 03-wink
11-15-2019 01:53 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
We've got them by the balls on several issues.

One, China depends on Middle East oil for almost 2/3 of its needs. Until somebody figures out a way to run pipelines over the Himalayas, that oil has to come by sea, through the Straits of Hormuz, around India, through the Straits of Malacca or otherwise through Indonesia. The Chinese navy cannot protect the safety of that supply line against either unfriendly nations or pirates. We protect it for them.

Two, the Chinese banking system is way, way overextended. They take money that comes in from exports and loan it out to deals that have zero chance of ever paying off. They have more bad debt, by a wide margin, than it took to create the 2008 crisis.

We need to exploit these and other weaknesses to greater advantage.
11-15-2019 01:54 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(11-15-2019 01:18 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Back to reality for a moment among the continued farce that is the open impeachment hearings. YOUR President Trump has shown that continued pressure on China is working in the ongoing trade war.

China has committed to lifting a 5-year ban on US poultry as African swine flu has decimated Chinese pork production. This is part of the $40-50 Billion commitment each year of US agricultural proucts - A ROUGHLY 100% increase from the peak us farm exports to China of $25 billion in 2016.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump-get...with-china

If Oblunder or Killery were in charge, the swine flu infected meat from China would be in US Stores.
11-15-2019 01:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Online

(11-15-2019 01:54 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  We've got them by the balls on several issues.

One, China depends on Middle East oil for almost 2/3 of its needs. Until somebody figures out a way to run pipelines over the Himalayas, that oil has to come by sea, through the Straits of Hormuz, around India, through the Straits of Malacca or otherwise through Indonesia. The Chinese navy cannot protect the safety of that supply line against either unfriendly nations or pirates. We protect it for them.

Two, the Chinese banking system is way, way overextended. They take money that comes in from exports and loan it out to deals that have zero chance of ever paying off. They have more bad debt, by a wide margin, than it took to create the 2008 crisis.

We need to exploit these and other weaknesses to greater advantage.

XACLY!

both sides have the opportunity to continue growth through mutual and equitable support....

the worst thing that could happen is for China to fall into collapse....they're already paying the price for over building, the yuan, hong kong, etc....

the US can shift and maneuver.....they don't have that luxury...
11-15-2019 01:58 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-15-2019 01:24 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I've said it too many times.....when you got 'em by the balls, you keep squeezing....

tariffs were the only REAL option as the USD's long term friend to help achieve fair and REAL international trade deals after decades of fail from both sides of the aisle....

it's a good first pass.....let's see how it progresses moving forward to see if a more permanent and soluble solution(s) can be derived moving forward...

they need us more than we need them....however, it's in all global interests that we partner in an equitable fashion...

Like I said in another thread, cut off food export to California and cover it more profitably by selling to the Chinese. It's wickedly efficient!
11-15-2019 02:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.