Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

3 Dems on judiciary committee face ethics charges
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
3 Dems on judiciary committee face ethics charges
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl...s_101.html

"I’ve been involved in state and national politics for a long time, but as the old expression goes … Just when you think you’ve seen it all …

Three House Democrats – the same liberal members who sat in sanctimonious judgment of President Trump during their failed impeachment fiasco – now face serious, legitimate charges of possible election law and ethics violations...."

From the description in the article, these all seem like black and white cases of violations of campaign finance laws. And possibly bribery in one of the cases.
02-27-2020 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zyxwvutsru Offline
Cubicle Warrior

I Root For: UTEP
RE: 3 Dems on judiciary committee face ethics charges
04-jawdrop03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
02-27-2020 04:05 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat's a shame
02-27-2020 04:18 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Lock them up!!!
02-27-2020 04:41 PM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I am SHOCKED.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fq9ajg3m8r764ux2l1qldhv3k...amp;nofb=1]
02-27-2020 04:43 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Speaking of Dems, this one is full blown SJW identity politics loser. She is going down.
President Pro Tem Cincinnati City Council.

CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Democratic Cincinnati City Councilwoman Tamaya Dennard was arrested on federal charges Tuesday in an attempt to sell her council vote for money, according to the Department of Justice.

Dennard was taken into custody in downtown Cincinnati on charges of honest services wire fraud, bribery and attempted extortion. She appeared in federal court at 1:30 p.m. in handcuffs and leg irons.

She was released on her own recognizance but ordered to surrender her passport.

I don’t believe that she’s done anything unethical, or illegal, and we’ll be looking to fight that,” said her attorney, Erik Laursen.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for March 16 at 1:30 p.m.

If convicted on all charges, Dennard could face up to 50 years in prison, federal officials say.

An FBI agent wrote in his sworn statement unsealed Tuesday that he was transferred to the Cincinnati office of the FBI in January 2018 and assigned to a white collar/public corruption unit “specifically to investigate public corruption in Southern Ohio to include bribery, extortion, and theft of funds from programs receiving government money.”

Since that time, the agent wrote that he has conducted or participated in public corruption investigations utilizing advanced techniques to include the use of undercover employees, confidential sources, consensual undercover recordings, surveillance, traps, trace devices and analysis of financial records.

Dennard is accused of engaging in and attempting acts of bribery and extortion and trying to exchange her votes for money between August and December 2019.

The criminal complaint alleges she requested $10,000 to $15,000 for personal expenses from an employee at a law firm representing a stakeholder in The Banks development on the Ohio River in downtown Cincinnati.

The "concerned citizen contacted law enforcement following an interaction with Dennard, feeling an ethical and moral obligation to report any criminal wrongdoing,” said U.S. Attorney David M. DeVillers said in a news release.

“The individual then worked at the direction of law enforcement throughout this investigation. It takes courage for citizens to come forward and assist law enforcement as this individual did.”

The federal source gave the FBI text messages and recordings of conversations with the councilwoman between August and December 2019, according to the criminal complaint, written by FBI agent Nathan Holbrook.

During those conversations, according to court records, Dennard agreed to give her support to a proposed land swap with Hilltop Basic Concrete necessary for construction of a music venue at The Banks development on Cincinnati’s riverfront.

“Dennard engaged in a scheme to defraud the citizens of Cincinnati of her honest services as a council member,” Holbrook wrote in his sworn statement. “She engaged in acts and attempted acts of bribery and extortion, attempting to exchange her votes for money.”

She deposited $10,000 in a personal bank account the same day she received it and requested the additional $5,000 in advance, the criminal complaint states.

“Records indicate the same day she received the $5,000 in cash, Dennard booked two seats on a Sept. 22, 2019 flight from Cincinnati to Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport. On Sept. 27, 2019, she booked two return tickets. Financial records indicate Dennard spent more than $4,000 total on the Florida trip to include accommodations at the Opal Sands Resort in Clearwater, Fla. and the airfare,” the DOJ said in a news release.

Dennard repeatedly reached out to the unnamed employee by text message in October and November 2019.

Text messages included “Happy to help you. But need yours too;" and “As I said, I’m sure there will be ways to help you as well and I will.”

https://www.fox19.com/2020/02/25/council...urce-says/

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT-CByLpC5KrAYj_GZ6g...HdWs68PdkO]
02-27-2020 06:13 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Meh, dem leaders will spin this as a setup by Trump to exact revenge. I'm taking odds that none of them receive any significant punishment.
02-27-2020 08:26 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(02-27-2020 08:26 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Meh, dem leaders will spin this as a setup by Trump to exact revenge. I'm taking odds that none of them receive any significant punishment.

Of course not. One: she's a Democrat. Two: she's Black. It'll be racist to arrest her.

*Sigh* This country does not want to punish the Democrats wrongdoings anymore. They know it too.
02-27-2020 09:42 PM
Mav Offline
1st String

I Root For: Omaha
Quote:Allegations against Rep. McBath connect her to contributions and possible illegal campaign coordination with the radical gun control group, Everytown for Gun Safety. Americans For Public Trust alleges that after McBath began running for Congress in 2018, she remained on the payroll for the gun-phobic organization as a national spokesperson, appearing on television as a candidate for Congress and as a spokesperson for Everytown.

According to the ethics filing, “Everytown began spending in the election for Georgia’s 6th Congressional District while Representative McBath was still serving as the group’s national spokesperson. It is not publicly known what level of involvement Representative McBath had in Everytown’s expenditures against her eventual general election opponent while she was still employed by Everytown."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powe...ol-battle/

Quote:McNeil did not simply relive his horrifying experience — he did something about it as part of a growing group of volunteer activists for Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s highest-profile gun-control group, largely bankrolled by former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Fuel To The Fire
02-27-2020 09:58 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(02-27-2020 09:58 PM)Mav Wrote:  
Quote:Allegations against Rep. McBath connect her to contributions and possible illegal campaign coordination with the radical gun control group, Everytown for Gun Safety. Americans For Public Trust alleges that after McBath began running for Congress in 2018, she remained on the payroll for the gun-phobic organization as a national spokesperson, appearing on television as a candidate for Congress and as a spokesperson for Everytown.

According to the ethics filing, “Everytown began spending in the election for Georgia’s 6th Congressional District while Representative McBath was still serving as the group’s national spokesperson. It is not publicly known what level of involvement Representative McBath had in Everytown’s expenditures against her eventual general election opponent while she was still employed by Everytown."

Quote:McNeil did not simply relive his horrifying experience — he did something about it as part of a growing group of volunteer activists for Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s highest-profile gun-control group, largely bankrolled by former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Fuel To The Fire

Relevence?
02-28-2020 08:05 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Lol. Jayapal back in the limelight like the water bug in the kitchen she is. What a hot mess.
02-28-2020 08:36 AM
Mav Offline
1st String

(02-28-2020 08:05 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Fuel To The Fire

Relevence?
The main culprit in this case is one of Bloomberg's anti-2A pet projects. If the NGO wing of his influence is flouting campaign finance laws to the point that the national spokeswoman is in on it, that's not a good look for him.
02-28-2020 10:57 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(02-28-2020 10:57 AM)Mav Wrote:  
(02-28-2020 08:05 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Fuel To The Fire

Relevence?
The main culprit in this case is one of Bloomberg's anti-2A pet projects. If the NGO wing of his influence is flouting campaign finance laws to the point that the national spokeswoman is in on it, that's not a good look for him.

Ok, wasn't sure where you were going with it. 04-cheers
02-28-2020 12:09 PM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Okay, I could give McBath a pass because she is new to this, and somebody in her campaign have not giving her advice. Her son was murdered in a parking lot for playing loud music. The white guy who shot her son was convicted for attempted murder on the three friends, but got off free on murdering her son. He used Stand Your Ground defense which was not a reason to start arguing about the loud music and shoot an unarmed kid for it.
02-28-2020 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mav Offline
1st String

(02-28-2020 04:59 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Okay, I could give McBath a pass because she is new to this, and somebody in her campaign have not giving her advice. Her son was murdered in a parking lot for playing loud music. The white guy who shot her son was convicted for attempted murder on the three friends, but got off free on murdering her son. He used Stand Your Ground defense which was not a reason to start arguing about the loud music and shoot an unarmed kid for it.
"Corruption is okay if some whitey does a racism to you beforehand." Got it.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020 08:14 PM by Mav.)
02-28-2020 08:14 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(02-28-2020 04:59 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Okay, I could give McBath a pass because she is new to this, and somebody in her campaign have not giving her advice. Her son was murdered in a parking lot for playing loud music. The white guy who shot her son was convicted for attempted murder on the three friends, but got off free on murdering her son. He used Stand Your Ground defense which was not a reason to start arguing about the loud music and shoot an unarmed kid for it.

What the ever loving what? Are you trying to justify her corruption because muh white dude did something bad?? Get the hell out. Seriously?

Some black dude did a snatch and grab on me today at the cigar store so is it OK if I rip off my own cash drawer?

01-wingedeagle
02-28-2020 10:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.