U. California System Will Likely Follow Suit to Cal. State System
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
U. California System Will Likely Follow Suit to Cal. State System
U. Cal. Likely Go Online

I guest the private schools as well.
05-13-2020 07:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: U. California System Will Likely Follow Suit to Cal. State System
so will schools in other states too. Oregon & Oregon St will be the first to announce after, me thinks.
05-13-2020 04:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stugray2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
My money is on the SUNY schools being next, although they have no overall guidance. Binghamton is mulling all online, likely Stony Brook too.
05-13-2020 04:28 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
05-13-2020 05:17 PM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
(05-13-2020 07:05 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  U. Cal. Likely Go Online

Ahh ... that article says a "mixed approach, of both in person and on-line" ... which opens the door for sports to happen.

If Cali lets sports go on in some fashion, Oregon and the others on the fence will too. And budgets for schools -- athletic and academic -- will demand

Although ... how relevant as the PAC12 been anyway? One of those trees-fall-in-a-forest things ...
05-13-2020 05:26 PM
joeben69 Offline
1st String

I Root For: sdsu, ucsd, usd
(05-13-2020 05:26 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 07:05 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  U. Cal. Likely Go Online

Ahh ... that article says a "mixed approach, of both in person and on-line" ... which opens the door for sports to happen.

If Cali lets sports go on in some fashion, Oregon and the others on the fence will too. And budgets for schools -- athletic and academic -- will demand

Although ... how relevant as the PAC12 been anyway? One of those trees-fall-in-a-forest things ...

California State University system to stay online, leaving fall sports up in air
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor...sports-air

The separate University of California system, which includes Cal and UCLA, has not fully committed to the same step as the CSU system and is planning for a "wide range of possibilities."

"At this juncture, we are exploring a mixed approach with some instruction delivered in classroom and lab settings while other classes will be primarily online," the UC system statement said Wednesday.

A spokesperson for the UC Office of the President told ESPN there have not yet been formal discussions about how athletics will be impacted by the quickly-evolving instructional models.
05-14-2020 12:36 AM
whittx Offline
All American

I Root For: FSU, Bport,Corn
(05-13-2020 04:28 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  My money is on the SUNY schools being next, although they have no overall guidance. Binghamton is mulling all online, likely Stony Brook too.

But will this also affect the schools with statutory colleges or cross-enrollment like Cornell, Syracuse. Or Alfred?
05-14-2020 05:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.