Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Expansion Process is Bezerk.
Bookmark and Share
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Well....now we know why it is taking so long. Obviously, there is no candidate that is all things to all people. Basketball CUSA folks want Temple. Football folks want some one else. No one compromises so we end up destroying the MAC by taking more MAC teams. What in the hell are we doing? CUSA needs the MAC just as surely MWC needs the WAC for possible nonconfernce games and possible bowls. This expansion process was supposed to take time to be careful; seems to be going the opposite direction. You are not going to get a school with both good basketball and good football. So make your decision....Temple for good basketball or North Texas for football.
02-11-2004 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ThisboardisDEAD
Unregistered

I understand where basketball people want Temple, both they are the least likely team to say yes. They would say yes to football only, but that would hurt C-USA. Temple will not move basketball from the A-10. Plus, isn't there 1 or 2 C-USA basketball schools that are leaving for the A-10?
02-11-2004 08:53 AM
Quote this message in a reply
99Tiger Offline
I got tiger blood, man.

I Root For: football wins

Crappies

rocketfootball Wrote:I understand where basketball people want Temple, both they are the least likely team to say yes. They would say yes to football only, but that would hurt C-USA. Temple will not move basketball from the A-10. Plus, isn't there 1 or 2 C-USA basketball schools that are leaving for the A-10?
I agree completely

...too early for me to add anything of value other than "I agree". And yes, Charlotte and Saint Louis are headed to the A10.
02-11-2004 09:03 AM
Ivan Ho
Unregistered

Quote:Well....now we know why it is taking so long. Obviously, there is no candidate that is all things to all people. Basketball CUSA folks want Temple. Football folks want some one else. No one compromises so we end up destroying the MAC by taking more MAC teams. What in the hell are we doing? CUSA needs the MAC just as surely MWC needs the WAC for possible nonconfernce games and possible bowls. This expansion process was supposed to take time to be careful; seems to be going the opposite direction. You are not going to get a school with both good basketball and good football. So make your decision....Temple for good basketball or North Texas for football.

I disagree with just about everything in the original post.

CUSA does NOT need the MAC. We are capable of supporting ourselves and if by some occurrance the MAC disappears (which won't happen), CUSA will still have plenty of programs in which we can schedule non-conference games.

This process will take time and those involved will be careful, that is why the conference didn't make a knee jerk reaction when TCU left, but rather has opted to evaluate all options.

And yes we can get a school with both a good football and basketball program - Toledo.
02-11-2004 09:18 AM
bagpipes Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Agree with Tall on this one. A strong MAC is in CUSA's best interest. In fact if they could become as strong as the MWC think of the consequences for the liberty bowl. In fact I would put up Miami, NIU, and BG against any team in the MWC. Oxford and Athens both have great schools and have great traditions. I still think it is between LA TECH, NTU, and UTEP. I have a feeling UTEP is not all that interested.
02-11-2004 09:35 AM
KamikazeOverKenan
Unregistered

Why don't you talk Charlotte into staying in CUSA?

They fit the footprint, and they could start a football team that plays in the Carolina Panther's stadium.
02-11-2004 09:37 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Kit-Cat Wrote:Why don't you talk Charlotte into staying in CUSA?

They fit the footprint, and they could start a football team that plays in the Carolina Panther's stadium.
:rofl:

To bad Ohio doesn't have a football team or we could invite them 03-wink
02-11-2004 09:42 AM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

Kit-Cat Wrote:Why don't you talk Charlotte into staying in CUSA?

They will never restart football, period.
02-11-2004 04:18 PM
Algiers Eagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

fatmanjim Wrote:
Quote:Well....now we know why it is taking so long. Obviously, there is no candidate that is all things to all people. Basketball CUSA folks want Temple. Football folks want some one else. No one compromises so we end up destroying the MAC by taking more MAC teams. What in the hell are we doing? CUSA needs the MAC just as surely MWC needs the WAC for possible nonconfernce games and possible bowls. This expansion process was supposed to take time to be careful; seems to be going the opposite direction. You are not going to get a school with both good basketball and good football. So make your decision....Temple for good basketball or North Texas for football.

I disagree with just about everything in the original post.

CUSA does NOT need the MAC. We are capable of supporting ourselves and if by some occurrance the MAC disappears (which won't happen), CUSA will still have plenty of programs in which we can schedule non-conference games.

This process will take time and those involved will be careful, that is why the conference didn't make a knee jerk reaction when TCU left, but rather has opted to evaluate all options.

And yes we can get a school with both a good football and basketball program - Toledo.
bumpity, bump, bump, bump....
02-11-2004 04:24 PM
long green Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

no we don't need the MAC. Other than the late Cincy's rivalry with Mi O, what did the two leagues have in common? Bowls? We can talk with the MWC and especially the BE, who will lose lots of their current bowls and could do with some matchups. Try again.
02-11-2004 04:26 PM
Algiers Eagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

bagpipes Wrote:Agree with Tall on this one. A strong MAC is in CUSA's best interest. In fact if they could become as strong as the MWC think of the consequences for the liberty bowl. In fact I would put up Miami, NIU, and BG against any team in the MWC. Oxford and Athens both have great schools and have great traditions. I still think it is between LA TECH, NTU, and UTEP. I have a feeling UTEP is not all that interested.
These people who are sponsoring this thread are either-----

a) Texas minor league candidates, or
b) desperate MAC'ers who see the prospects of their conference being gutted.

<span style='color:blue'>MAC in our "best interest"?</span> <span style='color:red'>GOTCHA!</span> :snore:
02-11-2004 04:28 PM
Advertisement

long green Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

bagpipes Wrote:Agree with Tall on this one.&nbsp; A strong MAC is in CUSA's best interest.&nbsp; In fact if they could become as strong as the MWC think of the consequences for the liberty bowl.&nbsp; In fact I would put up Miami, NIU, and BG against any team in the MWC.&nbsp; Oxford and Athens both have great schools and have great traditions.&nbsp; I still think it is between LA TECH, NTU, and UTEP.&nbsp; I have a feeling UTEP is not all that interested.
you're scared to death, aren't you? I don't like this situation any better than you do but we didn't make this world, we're just trying to survive in it.
02-11-2004 04:28 PM
long green Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Tallgrass Wrote:just as surely MWC needs the WAC for possible nonconfernce games and possible bowls.
the MWC needs the WAC? For what? Boise St and Fresno? Yep, that's one beautiful symbiotic relationship they got out West.
02-11-2004 04:32 PM
Algiers Eagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

long green Wrote:
Tallgrass Wrote:just as surely MWC needs the WAC for possible nonconfernce games and possible bowls.
the MWC needs the WAC? For what? Boise St and Fresno? Yep, that's one beautiful symbiotic relationship they got out West.
Yep, they need 'em for plunder and pillage. :laugh:
02-11-2004 04:33 PM
long green Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

bagpipes Wrote:I still think it is between LA TECH, NTU, and UTEP.&nbsp; I have a feeling UTEP is not all that interested.
You and Tallgrass identify yourselves as Tulsa fans. Great. Welcome aboard. Now hear this. You are the Western border of this new league. If BB tries to shoehorn another Western team in here without adding at least one eastern school he's gonna lose the whole shootin' match due to an eastern revolt.
02-11-2004 04:46 PM
Algiers Eagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

[quote="long green"] [quote="bagpipes"] I still think it is between LA TECH, NTU, and UTEP.
02-11-2004 04:49 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

fatmanjim Wrote:And yes we can get a school with both a good football and basketball program - Toledo.
Football
5 yrs
44-17
3 DIV CHAMP
1 CONF CHAMP
2 BOWLS
1 BOWL WIN
2 TOP 25 RANKINGS

Basketball
5 yrs
88-61
1 NCAA
2NITs
NOTABLE WINS:
OHIO STATE
TEMPLE
MICHIGAN
DEPAUL
02-11-2004 04:51 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

There is not going to be an eastern revolt no matter who he adds. UCF and ECU are not close to anybody....Toledo doesn't help them. Keep in mind the league has to vote to approve anyone we add.....that means 8 or 9 votes.
02-11-2004 05:13 PM
long green Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

TopCoog Wrote:There is not going to be an eastern revolt no matter who he adds. UCF and ECU are not close to anybody....Toledo doesn't help them. Keep in mind the league has to vote to approve anyone we add.....that means 8 or 9 votes.
you are right and you are wrong. What Richard Giannini had to say yesterday is very significant. If BB wants to add a 12th team from the West and that only, just you watch how the rest of the league reacts.
02-11-2004 05:21 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

USM also supports the footprint Herd. They have backed the idea from the beginning. The footprint is the only way this league has any chance of long term survival. We have already been down the other road and the result was a disaster.
ECU and UCF present special problems because there are not many 1-A programs near them.
No, you may hear squealing from some fans if he adds only La tech(which is what I think he will do) but not from the league. In the first olace La tech or whoever will have to get 8 or 9 votes, that doesn't leave too many schools to *****.
02-11-2004 05:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.