Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Onion Article on MT Football
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Week 2 bye blessing for Blue Raiders

"I'm glad we have the bye week this week," head coach Rick Stockstill said. "We have so many people hurt, we need a week to recover. … It's a good thing we have the open week."
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020 08:48 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
09-10-2020 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreekTopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
RE: Onion Article on MT Football
(09-10-2020 08:45 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Week 2 bye blessing for Blue Raiders

"I'm glad we have the bye week this week," head coach Rick Stockstill said. "We have so many people hurt, we need a week to recover. … It's a good thing we have the open week."

Your strength and conditioning program must not be very stout, it seems like we hear this every year how beat up and injured MTSU is.
09-11-2020 12:31 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
“We’re going to implement a few things...”.

Yeah Rick, like a defense and an offense.
09-11-2020 07:15 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
(09-11-2020 12:31 PM)GreekTopper Wrote:  
(09-10-2020 08:45 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Week 2 bye blessing for Blue Raiders

Your strength and conditioning program must not be very stout, it seems like we hear this every year how beat up and injured MTSU is.

To be fair, with COVID most players have had less conditioning time. I expect to see more injuries this season all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
09-12-2020 11:10 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(09-12-2020 11:10 AM)galojah Wrote:  

To be fair, with COVID most players have had less conditioning time. I expect to see more injuries this season all around.

I dont think the amount of time you can spend on conditioning has changed.
09-12-2020 11:17 AM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators
(09-12-2020 11:17 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(09-12-2020 11:10 AM)galojah Wrote:  

I dont think the amount of time you can spend on conditioning has changed.

Accessibility did. Access to trainer. Coaches coaching fundamentals.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020 11:19 AM by galojah.)
09-12-2020 11:19 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
The point is satire couldn’t write up something any more comical than this. Something I have been pointing out going back a few years ago related to Stockstills declining and failed recruiting is we aren’t getting the players with the bodies that can compete at the I-A level. And when we do get good players they are being forced up in positions. We have corners and safeties being forced to play linebackers. We have linebackers and tightends being fattened up to play defensive tackle. And this is what you get when your recruiting is failing.

Stockstill is now in about his sixth straight year of blaming injuries on poor performance. But I see something different. And I’m the Lone Ranger at MT who is pointing out what’s really happening in the MT football program. Our injuries aren’t strength and conditioning or bad luck. It’s about recruiting, development, and generally how the program is being run.

But it’s down right comical that after just one week CRS is already complaining about injuries after one game. I bet at this point he’s hoping for covid to shut down the season. Oh and thanks to our failed leadership, he still has six more freaking years on his contract.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020 12:16 PM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
09-12-2020 11:46 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(09-12-2020 11:46 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Oh and thanks to our failed leadership, he still has six more freaking years on his contract.

In the words of E.T. - “Oooooouuuuuuccchh.”
09-12-2020 01:59 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies

That was baby Stockstill doing his Mr. Glass imitation for 12 years at MTSU.
09-12-2020 05:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.