Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time to let TCU know how you feel.
Bookmark and Share
OldCoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston

CrappiesCrappies

I think I know how the majority feel, just want those toads who come here to see it.
11-30-2003 08:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

Schedule another conference call and give 'em the boot immediately. 03-nutkick
11-30-2003 08:38 PM
big east Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

OldCoog Wrote:I think I know how the majority feel, just want those toads who come here to see it.
give them the heave ho to the MWC
11-30-2003 08:41 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

Donators

A question for the no votes, why keep them around. TCU has told C-USA to f*_*_ off. Seems to me that they're leaving anyway. So why not send them on their merry way to the Mormon West Conference and get things settled. Let's see them try to call the shots over there.
11-30-2003 08:42 PM
Tulsa97 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa Hurricane

I'm not going to defend anything TCU has done as of late. Their administration is acting like a bunch of spoiled children; however, I would like for them to remain in the conference. I think that they have a good program, but all schools in this conference have the potential to be great! The MWC would be an incredibly stupid move, and I think they will come to that conclusion in the end. 03-wink

***TAKE IT EASY ON ME - IT'S MY OPINION***
11-30-2003 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Top USM Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

How many of you guys remember a time about 6-7 years ago. Loserville took conference usa to court to get back into conf usa, cause the members kicked thatass out?
11-30-2003 08:45 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

Donators

Sorry, but after being in a conference with Loserville for over 30 years, Memphis (and the rest of C-USA) is tired of dealing with prim donas.
11-30-2003 08:48 PM
tigers1985 Offline
Spectacular

I Root For: Tigers
DonatorsDonators

After lurking since this board was created, I decided to register to vote in this poll. Also I would like to announce that on behalf of 11 proud institutions, I plan to schedule a conference call during which TCU will be invited to kiss our collective asses. See ya Frogs.
11-30-2003 08:48 PM
Top USM Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

Have you guys read what Loserville thinks about TCU

<a href='http://louisville.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=658&mid=26515701&sid=&tid=26515701&style=1' target='_blank'>Linky</a>
11-30-2003 08:50 PM
Advertisement

lauramac Offline

I Root For: ,
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

TheTiger Wrote:A question for the no votes, why keep them around.
Fair question, I guess.

1) I wouldn't want them to get kicked out; however, I *would* like them to put a little hitch in their giddyup with respect to getting the bowls sorted out. (Preferably, I'd like to see the bowls shake out so that Tulsa doesn't get hosed. But I'm not sure how likely that is at this point.) It really, really does suck for the other conference members whose bowl plans are being put on hold for this mess and I don't like that one bit.

2) If they're leaving, they're leaving. Why kick them out and make C-USA look like the bad guys?

3) If they're *not* planning on leaving, then I say don't force them out. I like the prospect of having Rice, UH, SMU, and TCU all in one conference: it could mean better media treatment for Rice and UH in Houston (as opposed to what we currently get, which is whatever space is left over after all the Big$12 stories run. Unless one of us wins a championship or goes to a bowl game; then those fools manage to squeeze onto the bandwagon for a short little trip.)

4) I'd usually rather think with my head than my heart; but not *all* TCU fans are jerks, and I wanted the decent ones to see that not everyone wants them gone. I've also seen some of the nastiness directed at Tulsa fans on the WAC board because of the bowl situation over there; these folks do not deserve the treatment they're getting. I just figured that casting a dissenting vote and keeping it from being a unanimous "Get Lost" would be a good thing to do.

5) And for the TCU fans who *are* being jerks about being reunited with us WAC folks... well, kicking them out would be giving them what they want. And we can't have that now, can we? :laugh:
11-30-2003 09:01 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

In the words of George Jefferson **Don't let the door knob hit ya, where the good lord split ya**
11-30-2003 09:11 PM
UHBandChris Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I say a big fat NO for kicking them out. If they want out, they gotta PAY!!!

:rolltide:
11-30-2003 09:29 PM
TxTiger79 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers

Folding@NCAAbbs

We need TCU and they need us more than they know. I really think they are under alot of pressure from the alum's, but know deep down that the MWC will be the death of the program. Just my thoughts.
11-30-2003 09:36 PM
Advertisement

Mustangs35SMU Offline
Pony Up!

I Root For: SMU, Alabama

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

TxTiger79 Wrote:We need TCU and they need us more than they know. I really think they are under alot of pressure from the alum's, but know deep down that the MWC will be the death of the program.
Its very true but do you think that they will ever admit to that?!
11-30-2003 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

TxTiger79 Wrote:We need TCU and they need us more than they know. I really think they are under alot of pressure from the alum's, but know deep down that the MWC will be the death of the program. Just my thoughts.
But the Alum's and Boosters pay the bills and if they say go west young Frog, then they go west
11-30-2003 10:02 PM
STLouis Blazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

TCU...good football, horrible basketball

At least be average or better in both
11-30-2003 10:04 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

Donators

This was posted by eagleriffic in another thread:

Quote:I know we bash Comish BB but IF CUSA admin is taking a stand against a TCU power play I take my hat off to him. Not many ppl remember but Louisville did a power play when CUSA was being formed & had a court injunction all but preventing CUSA from being formed. Soon to be Commish Slive & the founding members gave in to L'villes demands (# of conf games, how fast teams could be added & so on) & the rest is history.

Folks, we CAN'T let this happen again. It is time to take a stand to protect the future of C-USA. No one is bigger than the conference.
11-30-2003 10:05 PM
Advertisement

golden parrot Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I like TCU in the Conference, but I HATE CRY BABIES. :crying: You know, they knocked USM out of a bowl game a couple of years ago. This time they come to Hattiesburg expecting a BCS bowl and we open a can on them :chair: , with that HARD?!? non-conf. schedule they knew the Bowl they were due. Most teams in our conf. wouldn't care if they played in the Toilet Bowl as long as it was a bowl. WHY IS TCU BETTER?????

Hope all this is straightened out soon, I know the rest of you guys would like to make those travel plans, Good luck C-USA buds!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!! SOUTHERN MISS TO THE TOP!!!!
12-01-2003 12:35 AM
safetyeagle Offline
POOTNANNY

I Root For: USM

I wish TCU would stay. Love to hate em. 03-nutkick Hated them while growing up in Arkansas and watching the hogs beat em. Love watchin the Eagles beat them as an adult. Oh well guess I can keep on watching Southwest Conf. games with UH, Rice & SMU in CUSA. just wish TCU would stay so I could relive some of my childhood with out watching big 12 games
12-01-2003 01:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.